“Great view and good food”
Review of The Crab Trap

The Crab Trap
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: What's better than a day at the beach? A day at the beach followed by lunch or dinner at The Crab Trap at The Boardwalk on Okaloosa Island. Located at the busy and beautiful Newman Brackin Park, The Crab Trap is a first stop, last stop for locals and visitors alike. Perched high above the powder white sand and emerald green water of the Gulf of Mexico, The Crab Trap is the perfect place to begin or end your day at the beach. Serving local favorites such as Hot Crab Dip and Seafood Gumbo and daily specials ranging from Grilled Sirloin to Alaskan Crab Legs, The Crab Trap has something for everyone. The kids will love the special menu designed just for them, a chance to express their creative side, and a take home treat that will make their time on the Emerald Coast even more memorable. Tons of parking, easy access to the beach, playgrounds and volleyball nets; The Crab Trap at The Boardwalk will quickly become one of your favorite places to eat. Whether you are heading out for the night, taking a colleague to lunch, relaxing after a day at the beach or just looking for a place to hang out and catch a game, just head to The Crab Trap at The Boardwalk!
Reviewed October 27, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I had dinner here on 10/26/18. We were greeted warmly and asked to sit in their large outdoor area. We were seated in a corner, on the outside edge with a fantastic view of the Okaloosa pier and the ocean. Stunning view at sunset

Our waiter, Tim, greeted us quickly and took very good care of us throughout the meal. My wife isn’t a fan of seafood (she indulges me when we’re close to an ocean) and she went with the chicken tenders and fries. They were cooked well and she said they tasted good. They were a little pricey at $17.99, I felt. I went for the Captains Platter, which consisted of fried fish, huge fried shrimp, scallops and a crab cake with fries and cole slaw. Everything on the platter was excellent! Very fresh tasting and cooked very well. The fries were room temperature when I got them and were just average. The price at $27.99 was a good value for the food I received.

The view and food quality of this place make it an easy recommendation for visitors to Okaloosa Island and the larger Destin region.

Date of visit: October 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,496)

Reviewed October 24, 2018 via mobile

We went in and sat at the bar to enjoy a few drinks.

We ordered the swordfish which was a special of the evening. It was an extremely good meal.

The staff was extremely nice. All the TVs are small. There are plenty to enjoy the games that are on in the evening.

It was a comfortable atmosphere and relaxing. I would not mind returning to
this location.

1  Thank wowzerjesus
Reviewed October 18, 2018 via mobile

I guess it all depends on what you’re looking for here. Food was good, but scallops were chewy and waterlogged. Fish was good but not freshly hot. Fish & chips were tasty(per my dad) and sides of veggies were very good. I believe the price includes the location, not so much the food but nothing was bad.

Reviewed October 15, 2018

We chose The Crab Trap for the rehearsal dinner for our daughter's beach wedding and everything was amazing! The food and service was excellent and the entire staff were friendly and on point with everything!

1  Thank smurfm69
Reviewed October 14, 2018 via mobile

We made reservations for a large group for dinner after our beach wedding. The entire reservation process was stress-free and the entire dining experience was excellent. Our servers were fantastic- we can be a rowdy bunch! Would highly recommend for any party size. And you can’t beat the view!

1  Thank Abigail T