“excellent food,large portions,great service”
Review of Mulhollows Bistro 215 - CLOSED

Mulhollows Bistro 215
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 31, 2012

My wife and I ate here New Years Eve and man what a great dinner. There may be other places as good but I haven't been to any better. My wife had the surf and turf which was a 7oz. filet and two crab stuffed shrimp,garlic mashed and sauteed veggies. I had the grouper oscar with butternut squash risotto and veggies. Both were excellent as was the service. Everything was first class and we're looking forward to going again.

1  Thank btlu
There are newer reviews for Mulhollows Bistro 215

Reviewed December 12, 2012

Dinner was first class....we would compare the food with Pandora's on the Island (another steak and seafood restaurant). Richard was one of 2 servers (very friendly) and came by just enough to let us know he was still there and made the evening enjoyable. We had the Filet Mignon and the Steak Mulhollow...cooked to perfection. My 5yo had the all important Mac n Cheese with penne pasta with a multi-blend cheese sauce. The vegetables with the steaks were fresh and crisp and the garlic mashed potatoes had the right consistency. When we arrived at 5:30 there were 3 filled tables and a party of 12+ at the front of the restaurant. We were seated in the larger area with no other customers and our 5yo was able to be a 5yo (within reason) and enjoy herself. We had no alcohol or desserts and spent $72 (we had a $20 coupon which got it down to $52). I asked for a couple of tastings of 2 different foods so I can try them out, it was given to me without question. This is by no means a fancy restaurant, but I wouldn't consider any place in FWB/Destin to be fancy.

2  Thank Z-Foodie69
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I've eaten here a number of times over the years. And always enjoyed it. Most recent, November 2012. I had the special, which was an Andouille and pecan (I think pecan, sure about the andouille) crusted grouper on penne pasta. Excellent. Came with a small salad. Nice small selection of wines and beers too, wait staff is excellent, and nice ambience. Prices are good, I think the special that I had was $19.95, steaks are around $25, other entrees for dinner are in the $15 to $25 range.

I didn't have any this time, but the appetizers & desserts have always been yummy too.

Recommended by the Hankmeister. :o)

1  Thank bigmohank
Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

My boyfriend and I find every excuse to go here. Doesn't matter the time of day. Lunch or dinner its always quiet, romantic and a wonderful experience. The specials are always a good price and of course, tasteful. But I can never drift from my favorite dish of mahi vegetable pasta.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

A group of us on travel went for dinner one night. Service was delightful and they let us dawdle over our meal although we stayed an hour past closing. The staff was attentive and fun. A week later we returned for their "Wine Week." The food and wine was super delicious! A great time was had by all on both occasions. I will definitely come back on my next trip to Ft. Walton Beach.