“Nice hotel, not so nice area”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Pierce West
Ranked #4 of 24 Hotels in Fort Pierce
Houston, Texas
“Nice hotel, not so nice area”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

This is a newer property so the hotel is in excellent condition. I ended up catching a cold and they were really nice about it. We booked an extra night because I was too sick to drive and they didn't make us change rooms. They gave me extra boxes of tissues because I kept running out, and they let us have a late checkout so I could recover more. The only downside to this hotel is the area. There's not much in Fort Pierce and it's kind of a ghetto town. Other than that, this is an excellent hotel and we had a wonderful experience.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I enjoyed my stay while I was in the area on business. The hotel is new and everything is kept clean! Very friendly staff and helpful front desk. The full breakfast that was included each morning was a perfect start to my day. I would recommend staying here if your in the area!

• Stayed April 2013
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Loved the Very bright hallways and lively carpet - a big plus. The Chair with ottoman was actually comfortable as was the bed. I Loved the decor too. The guest service was also excellent as was the breakfast buffet.

• Stayed March 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Pulled in off the road late and they were able to give me a nice King room.Spring break kids in the pool area,but closing time was soon. Lovely clean room that was decorated beautifully and very quiet ! Took advantage of the nice breakfast ,but they definately need more counter space.No place to set your plate and cups.Coffee was pretty bad,not at all a specialty roast,but the selections were decent.Not a cheap stay,but a nice treat when you are weary from the road.Very nice service staff too!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Nashville, TN
Reviewed March 24, 2013

This is what a Holiday Inn Express is supposed to be. Clean rooms with comfortable beds. Breakfast was standard but the coffee was very weak. Front desk staff was friendly and helpful with restaurant suggestions. I wold definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Florida
Reviewed March 18, 2013

2013-March-We needed a room close to the hospital at a moment's notice. When I contacted the Sales Manager, Kelsie, during the peak spring period, we were greeted with a smile over the phone and great compasion. Kelsie immediately went to work and secured a room for us. With one phone call Kelsie handled everything for us. Once we arrived the Staff greeted us with a friendly welcome, courtesy and efficiency. The property offers a convenient location, it is pristine and well appointed. It offers comfort with all the amenities; Free WiFi, Full Breakfast Bar, Dinner during the week, Gym, Laundry facility, nice Comfortable Beds, Spacious Rooms and very quiet! Just what we needed and we would recommmend it 100% for business or pleasure!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Location is good as it is RIGHT off the turnpike/95. With that said, we missed the entrance and wasted about 10 minutes to u-turn, etc. No problem checking in. The room was very clean and nice. I am slightly obsessed with checking the room for cleanliness upon entering and I was impressed with this one. Breakfast was not bad. However, there was only one person working the area and food was and did run out. :( We would return to this HI express.

• Stayed March 2013