Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Pierce West
Ranked #4 of 24 Hotels in Fort Pierce
florida
“g ood value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2012

friendly service very clean well appointed rooms. convenient location.good value.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Key West, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2012

A one night stop booked in advance. Immaculately clean, conveniently located between I95 and turnpike, safe, ample parking, includes breakfast and WiFi, friendly check in and check out. That fits the bill perfectly for me. (Note: if bringing a pet it's 50 pound limit and a fee for the pet - La Quinta is better if you're traveling with your furry friend, as I often do)

Room Tip: Room 324 is beautiful - large, has a sitting area and a dining room table!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
turnpikehie, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Pierce West, responded to this review, May 2, 2012
Dear Valued Guest. Thank You for the great review. We appreciate the comments you posted and we are extremely happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We try to welcome all our guest as family, along with their pets. Keeping our hotel clean, safe and friendly is very important to all of us.
Thank You for staying with us and we do hope you come back to visit!!.
miami,fl
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2012

So it seems like its getting to be a habit...me and Holiday Inn Expresses. This time I ended up in Fort Pierce, Fla. on the way to a spring training baseball game of the NY Mets against the Miami Marlins. I could have stayed in Port St. Lucie but I got such a good rate at this one...I figured it was worth the 2 exit drive on the turnpike.

My baby brother was visiting me from upstate Ny and we planned a little get-a-way to catch a pre-season hot dog and cracker jack kind of day at the Mets winter home, beautiful Digital Domain park in Port St. Lucie.

I had stayed at the Holiday inn Express in Perry, Fl (see other review on trip advisor), and it was a most pleasant experience so I had no qualms whatsever about booking this one.

Check-in was a breeze with a lovely young lady and her most knowledgeable assistant who was a die hard Mets fan and gave us tons of priceless information about directions, the stadium etc. The only drawback was that when I booked the room online, I noticed that they could only confirm a king bed. I had put in a notation that I would prefer 2 queens but the hotel was sold out due to a baseball team from Pennsylvania occupying most of the rooms. No biggie.

The hotel was spotless as was the lovely room, spacious, comfortable and the configuration of the room was well thought out. The WiFI worked perfectly without a hitch and the chair at the desk was so relaxing, I know people steal ashtrays from hotels but I wanted that chair!!!!

The bathroom was adequate...nothing special but I did notice that we must have had a handicapped room as the bathroom was huge and the tub had handle bars in it.

Restful sleep with lovely comfy bed and decent pillows....I am a crazy person when it comes to my pillows so you know that these were pretty good. Not the miniature ones that you normally get.

I am not what you would call an "early riser" but being with my brother, who is, I actually got a chance to experience the breakfast that is included in the incredible rate. I still don't get why they only serve between 630-930am. What about us folks who like to have a bit of a sleep in on a Saturday? Anyway, I did throw on some clothes and trudged down to the lobby to a full room of people feasting on the complimentary chow. Honestly...I would have rather gotten an extra hour of zzzzz's then to masticate on wilted soggy tasteless bacon and powdered eggs. My bro liked the pancakes, but that was about it. Good coffee though.

I give this place a thumbs up. Well worth the money and easy access to have a day in the beautiful south florida sunshine and enjoy a "strike" or two.

One thing I did want to mention here is that the entrance way into the hotel is under construction and it nearly ripped out the bottom of my car and also....the neighborhood leaves alot ot be desired, close to the I-95 entrance but across the street from a "adult superstore".

Again, I win with a fantabulous stay at a Holiday Inn Express. Keep up the good work guys.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank peaches24
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2012

Typical Holiday Inn Express.Nice room-window was cracked from top to bottom.Hotel aware but was a bit scary.Usual breakfast. The only down was that there was a fabtastic pool but it was not heated. Asked why and informed its always sunny. Shame really. It would have made it perfect.

Room Tip: Current roadworks make it a bit difficult toi get into.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sussexray
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Pierce West, responded to this review, April 14, 2012
sussexray,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave us a candid review. We’re sorry that you received service that was less-than-satisfactory. It is IHG's goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Ben J
IHG Care
Roswell, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2012

The staff is very competent and courteous. The staff said the property was about three years of age, however, the cleanliness of the property made us think the property was almost brand new. The smoke free policy is truly enforced, which is a very pleasant thing for the non-smoking guest.
The included breakfast was above average and exceeded our expectations. We found a listing in Room Saver that saved us money off the retail price. Being directly adjacent to the Florida Turnpike makes this a good way point for the weary traveler.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank RussellCarlisle
Thank You for the great review. We appreciate the comments you posted and we are extremely happy you enjoyed your stay with us and our hot breakfast. We welcome all our guest as family . Keeping our hotel clean, safe and friendly is very important to all of us.

Thank You for staying with us and we do hope you come back to visit!!.

Andrew Hill
Detroit
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2012

My wife and I stayed here four nights the first week of January 2012. A good location between the Florida Turnpike and I-95 and about a 10-15 minute drive into downtown Fort Pierce. Rooms were clean and beds comfortable. Breakfast typical of H.I. Express although only fruit was bananas and tired looking apples. Can't the sunshine state hotels get some oranges? Also had trouble with room card/key not working. Fellow traveler told me he stays here often and has continous problems with key cards. The computer printer in business center needed new ink cartridge - we told desk person first day we were there and it was never replaced so we couldn't run off our airplane boarding passes before we left. Most important for us in any stay is cleanliness and this hotel had it.

Room Tip: Turnpike on west side of hotel - east side rooms no doubt quieter although we were in a west room an...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank trackandcccoach
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2011

We stayed here on our way down from Atlanta to Ft. Lauderdale for a cruise. It was a good location right off the Florida turnpike and just a short drive to lots of restaurants. The rooms were big and clean. The hotel still appears brand new despite having been open now for a few years. For the price you really can't beat the new Holiday Inn Expresses.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple