“Perfect for a mini vacation!”

Hutchinson Island Plaza Hotel and Suites
Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Fort Pierce
Reviewed September 1, 2014

My husband and I stayed here 4 nights in late August for a birthday getaway combined with a little business. I found this hotel using TripAdvisor and it was a great place to stay! Check in was easy, the room was clean, beds were comfy and had a nice view of the water.Nice breakfast, free Wifi , the pool was clean and no smell of chemicals.. Very peaceful and calm yet close to everything you might need. The staff was great--one night our AC kicked off and when we asked about it someone was up to help us in 10 minutes.There are lots of good restaurants nearby and we will definitely recommend this to family and friends.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Anne B
Karen M, General Manager at Hutchinson Island Plaza Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2014

Thank you for your review! I'm so pleased to see that you found us right here on Tripadvisor! I do apologize for the issue with your AC but I'm glad to hear it was resolved quickly. Our number one priority is customer satisfaction and providing a clean comfortable room and an overall relaxing getaway. Please come see us again in the near future and hopefully enjoy another 4 nights with us! Thanks again!

Reviewed August 28, 2014

We had a great 3 days at this hotel. Cherri the front desk person was a gem. She was very knowledgeable about the area with places to go for entertainment and eat. The rooms were very clean and the water view is amazing. All the staff is polite & friendly. Very peaceful place with a lot to do around the area. We will be coming back again since we now have a great staycation beach place to escape to from Hollywood Fl. Thanks again Cherri for all your help and courtesy during our stay.

Room Tip: you need to book water view but do 3rd or 4th floor great view
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to let others know how much you enjoyed your stay! I'm pleased to hear the Cherri was accomodating while you had your long weekend with us. It's great to see that you were able to relax and since you don't live too far from here that we will see you again. Thank you again, we look forward to your return!

Reviewed August 24, 2014

My husband and had a wonderful stay at the hotel...great location and wonderful information provided by front desk staff. Imagine my dismay to find a $300.00 charge on my next credit card statement for smoking in the room!!! We are smokers but enjoyed our smokes on the balcony as instructed!!! I have called 5 times to speak with the manager Karen but as yet I have not received a return call!!! I was hoping to return for our anniversary but that will not happen!
I am totally appalled at the lack of customer service on the part of the hotel manager karen

Room Tip: Rooms on west side have poor wifi
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lmprincess
Karen M, General Manager at Hutchinson Island Plaza Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2014

First I would like to thank you for your review of our property, we greatly value the opinion of our guest and use these opinions to improve our product and services. I am very happy you enjoyed your stay with us, however it does sadden me to learn of your disappointment in our customer service and with our nonsmoking policy. These days people don’t take as many vacations as they should, so the ones they take need to be extra enjoyable to make up for this lost time. Arriving in a nonsmoking room that has a strong smoking odder is a major way to start that needed vacation on the wrong track at the very beginning. Our policy is made very clear at check in and in the cases we do in fact charge for damage to the room, it is due to the procedure we must take to clean and repair the room from the odor. The room has to be shampooed, all linen in the room has to be stripped and washed including curtains, and an ionizer machine has to be left in the room for at least 24 hours. This takes several days and the room is of course unrentable during this procedure. I have not received any voicemails from you to date, I apologize if you feel I am avoiding you, I assure you that is not the case. It is our goal to satisfy every guest, however that includes protecting our future guest experience. In the case of your stay it appears we have failed to satisfy you, while also attempting to satisfy the next guest. I want to offer you my sincere apology for the disappointment you experienced during your visit. I do hope you will choose us in a future visit to our great island, and please feel free to contact me anytime to discuss your stay.

Reviewed August 22, 2014

Had such a good time we extended our stay here for another 4 days. Warm and very helpful staff were always on hand to help with our questions or suggestions for local spots to eat. Loved our room!!! PS Cherri at the front desk was awesome! She was the absolute best!!! We will be back to visit because of her friendly and warm help!!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your great review! I am so happy to hear that you were able to extend your stay with us to such a long period of time. Guests that continue to come back and stay for long periods of time is proof that we are doing something right. 100% customer satisfaction is our goal and it starts with a very friendly knowledgeable staff, wonderfully cleaned and comfortable surrondings, and a great value. Thank you again, we look forward to you spending another long weekend with us!

Reviewed August 10, 2014

I've stayed at this location several times, each under a different name and management. This year they really stepped it up. The rooms were cleaner, better appointed, and the staff friendlier. Every time I ran into an employee, they were extremely courteous and made sure all of our needs were met. Having a boat slip available was another great perk. Cheri at the front desk was super helpful and nice!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for your review and your beautiful photos! I'm so thrilled to hear that you've been staying with us alot over the yerars and have noticed the positive changes that have been made. Great staff, like Cherri, are one of our most important assets in ensuring that our guests have a wonderful stay and feel right at home. We hope to see you again soon, and thank you again!

Reviewed August 9, 2014

Stayed only one night for a family members local activity. The 4th floor has nice view of the water. We thought the beds were 2 queen & were disappointed they were only double size. One bed was very creaky, every time you moved it made a noise which woke us up. Management said they were in the process of replacing them and would note it. We accidentally left medicine in a drawer & the manager was awesome - she locked it up & a local family member was able go pick it up for us. They could have tossed it or, if they were unscrupulous, they could have sold it, but they didn't. That says a lot for their management & ethics!

The hot tub was huge, the pool average. The dock was nice we sat out there at sunset. Local restaurants & bars within walking distance. The wifi was painfully slow. Maybe that's part of the upgrade, let's hope. Overall very nice, it was quiet & clean.

Room Tip: Ask for the 4th floor in the note section when booking for the best view.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for your very detailed review! We have undergone many upgrades already and new mattresses are at the top of the list for future improvements. I'm sorry to hear that you left your daughter's medication behind, but happy that you were able to get it back in a timely and professional manner. We take great pride in konwing that we have the friendlist most knowledgeable and loyal staff. Thank you again, we hope to see you the next time you are in Fort Pierce!

Reviewed August 8, 2014

Very helpful friendly staff, full of local information, clean rooms, good views...... Pool, altho alittle small, had access for wheelchair people, people were catching fish off the hotel dock! .All in all a great hotel for the $$$ definitely would stay there again. There were good resturants within walking distance.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you so much for you review! I am so happy to hear that you really enjoyed your stay with us. We do offer wheelchair lifts to access our pool and jacuzzi so that all of our guests are able to enjoy the ammenities we offer. We've always taken great pride in knowing that we are the best value in town, offering loads of ammenities and very clean and comfortable rooms for an extremley reasonable price. Thank you again, we look forward to your return visit!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Pierce
Royal Inn Beach Hutchinson Island
Kimpton Vero Beach Hotel & Spa
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Pierce West
The Caribbean Court Boutique Hotel

Been to Hutchinson Island Plaza Hotel and Suites? Share your experiences!