Hutchinson Island Plaza Hotel and Suites
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Super 8 Ft. Pierce(Fort Pierce)
Reno Motel(Fort Pierce)
Rodeway Inn(Fort Pierce)
View Hotel
Motel 6 Ft Pierce(Fort Pierce)
  • Pool
All reviewshutchinson islandfishing piersmall beachfront deskwater viewhot tubpool areawalking distanceboat slipswatch the boatsrestaurants and barsclean roomsgreat place to staydefinitely stay here againyogurtshort driveft pierce
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 16, 2014

What started to be a remake of National Lampoon's Vacation was saved once we found this nice, quiet resort on the water in Ft. Pierce, FL! When we arrived from Va, the original place we booked falsely advertised their rental and we had to find a spot nearby quickly and we found Hutchinson Island in a local book. Upon our arrival, the staff (Eleanor) was very friendly and helpful on the phone and taking my reservation and giving directions to the resort. Once we arrived, she got me and my family settled in a nice, clean room with a beautiful view of the water and provided us with everything my family and I needed to be comfortable. The following day, we decided to continue our stay and thought we would have to change rooms due to limited availability and us checking in on such short notice but the manager (Karen) heard of our situation and the fact that I have a physically handicapped child so she made the call to allow us to stay in the room we were currently in at the same great, low rate! When her other friendly desk staff called to tell me the news, I was extremely grateful and glad that we decided to stay for a couple more days as well. While staying here we enjoyed the hotel's amenities like their heated pool and jacuzzi, all with water views of the inlet, a wonderful hot breakfast each morning that changed with several varieties of food to choose from and a wonderful housekeeping staff (Susan) that made sure we had fresh towels, etc as we needed them...not to mention the easy access to some beautiful, quiet beaches along A1A. Once again, I would like to give sincere thanks to everyone here that helped make our first stay in Ft. Pierce, FL a great one, despite how it began and to the other two great ladies at the front desk, (I'm sorry I didn't get your names, but you know who you are)...and the other staff in the hotel, we appreciate all of your hard work and effort in making our stay a pleasant one. Will definitely stay here again when we have the opportunity to return! - Sandy 4/16/14 :-)

Room Tip: Even a room with a partial water view is great!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Karen M, General Manager at Hutchinson Island Plaza Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

Thank you Sandy for writing such a wonderful review! I am so pleased to hear that we were able to save your Spring Break from a Griswold family vacation! From the minute you made your reservations to the minute you checked out, I am so thrilled to hear that we accomplished exactly what we strive for. Fantastic customer service from a freindly and knowledgable staff, clean comfortable rooms and loads of ammenities all for a very reasonable price. I'm thrilled to know that we've made your vacation a memorable one, and we look forward to having you as our guests again in the near future! Thank you again!

Reviewed April 10, 2014

Could not have asked for anything better,Awesome views of the inlet.. Dolphin swimming just feet from the beautiful pool area.Fishing dock with crystal clear water. waterfront dining with live bands on every corner..Marina just minutes away host's a unique art's craft's live music and every type of vender you can think of market on Saturdays.Didn't want to leave...Heaven on earth.Superior small lodging .Jetty also just minutes away is ideal for fishing,Will be back in July...Can hardly wait!

Room Tip: Ocean front suite was Beautiful!The view is magical!
2  Thank kkkkkkkkkkkkwwwwwwww
Karen M, General Manager at Hutchinson Island Plaza Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2014

Thank you so much for such a lovely review! We are thrilled to see that we accomplished our goal with you, peaceful relaxing stay with a clean comfortable room, all the ammenities and very close to the heart of Fort Pierce. I am so pleased to hear that you will be staying with us again, we look forward to having you back! THanks again!

Reviewed April 8, 2014

We booked the hotel at the last minute right before Spring Break. We were looking for something reasonable and close to the beach and Jetty. The room was large and clean with a partial view of the water. All the staff at the hotel were pleasant and accommodating if we had a question. Housekeeping was always willing to give fresh towels and remove trash on request. Breakfast was sufficient every morning which also helped to make vacation affordable. The dock out back was nice to walk on and view the water and many fish. Would recommend to anyone staying in Fort Pierce.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for sharing your Spring Break vacation with us, and letting other's know how much you enjoyed it! I am glad to see that you were able to take advantage of our close proximity to the beach, Jetty and many local restaurants and lounges. Our included breakfast offers all the choices you could think of on any continental, as well as cheese and western omelets rotated daily with a choice of either bacon or sausage. Hopefully we'll see you for your next Spring Break or even before that. Thanks again!

Reviewed April 8, 2014

Hotel clean and friendly staff.
Could use a little update on the tub. Very well kept great room for the price.
Breakfast was very good and plenty of every thing.
Quiet and peaceful.
Only complaint was neighbor smoking on their balcony.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jerry K

Thank you for writing your review. We appreciate your feedback, and take your comments and suggestions very seriously. I am so pleased to see that found your room clean and comfortable, and the staff to be exceptional. We take great pride in knowing that we are the only hotel on Hutchinson Island that offers all the best ammenities for a very reasonable price. Thank you again, we look forward to seeing you in the near future!

Reviewed April 4, 2014

As a solo traveler, I wanted something affordable yet right on the water since no one was splitting the cost with me. Hutchinson Island Plaza Hotel was the answer. My room was large, clean, and the view of the inlet was beautiful. It's also QUIET! I never heard other guests unless a door slammed (caused by having the sliding doors open in conjunction with a gust of wind). Great pillows and firm bed (I prefer plushiest of plush) but didn't have too much trouble sleeping.
Hotel lends you beach/pool sized towels which was very important. Plenty of towels in the bathroom too. Breakfast was meh but good enough before a good hearty lunch at one of the MANY nearby restaurants. There is also a small shop for beer, drinks, newspapers and candy etc next to the check-in desk.
Because the hotel is on the inlet, the sand on the private (yet tiny) beach is soft and white. Big difference from the ocean beach sand (which is within a mile or two). Also, the waves are so small that you can sit in the water and read. The private beach is steps from the pool. The pool is small and heated and there is a nice sized hot tub too. The hotel allows you to move the lounge chairs from the pool area to the beach. The location of the pool and private beach is SO convenient that you can take easily run back to your room to tinkle or grab water from the room's fridge. Since it isn't a huge hotel, the pool and breakfast area were never crowded.
The room décor is fine. It's not modern like the $300/night hotels in the area. Palm trees on the curtains but more importantly, the curtains are BLACK OUT curtains which is perfect for a good sleep. Basically, it's not a flashy style. TV is a flat screen and has TONS of channels. I even loved the clock radio that allows you to charge your smartphone and listen to music through the clock radio speakers. Plastic chairs on the balcony are ok but a bit uncomfortable for me (I'm nit picking).
Listen, if you are looking to point out minor issues like rust on the door hinges, then move along to the more expensive hotels. This hotel at this price and this location and with all the surrounding amenities is perfect.
On a final note, my flight was scheduled to leave well after check-out time and I asked if I could hang out at the pool after I vacated my room. They said YES and even allowed me to continue to use the beach towels. I will stay here again and again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Jamie V
Karen M, General Manager at Hutchinson Island Plaza Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2014

Thank you Jamie for such a wonderful and detailed review! I am thrilled to see that you really enjoyed your stay and that you discovered our little island getaway. You are 100% correct on what we are trying to accomplish, a clean comfortable hotel with a friendly staff and loads of ammenities all for a very reasonable price. Our beach is cleaned and raked daily and just perfect for sitting out to get some sun or read a book without being disturbed by others. We do welcome you to take a chair down and just relax while watching the boats go by or admiring the local sea life. I am so pleased to hear you will be back and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future!