“Awesome Hotel!”

Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Fort Pierce
Sarasota, Florida
“Awesome Hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

Booked this hotel for mini lobster season. It is right on the inlet and the pool is right next to the inlet. The hotel is beautiful and the staff is very friendly. I cant wait to go back! Great hotel for a great price! Couldn't have been happier!!! :)

Room Tip: All rooms have partial water view so any room is great but the higher floor the better. :)
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Stephanie I
Karen M, General Manager at Hutchinson Island Plaza Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Hutchinson Island Plaza Hotel. We pride ourselves on being the cleanest hotel with the friendliest staff in Fort Pierce, and a great location all at a reasonable price. We look forward to having you return in the near future, hopefully before the next mini lobster season! Thank you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

I was very lucky to be able to go to Hutchinson Island Plaza Hotel and was so surprised that I enjoyed myself so much without traveling so far. The Plaza Hotel and Suites greatly exceeded my expectations. The staff at the front desk were friendly, professional and made you feel you
had been there before. The suite had a balcony that overlooked the Indian River waterway and
what a sight in the morning and evening. Beautiful sunrises and sunsets. The suite itself was
spotless, comfortable, appointed very nicely with a great bed and terrific pillows. There was a small fridge, coffee maker with coffee nice large TV, just everything you wanted to make your stay fun and enjoyable. The hotel offers a complimentary breakfast from 6AM to 9AM and the
coffee and breakfast offerings were great. Truly, I cannot wait to go back to a place where I rested and enjoyed so much better than so many other places and I really only had to travel
about two hours from Ft. Lauderdale. Also, the rates were very affordable and the island itself
offers a great choice of restaurants, cafes, parks, beaches....just the best!

Room Tip: I loved the suite that faces the water because I wanted to rest although all of the rooms are very...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank janet c
Thank you so much for sharing your very enjoyable experience with others! At the Hutchinson Island Plaza Hotel we prider ourselves in being the cleanest hotel with the friendliest staff on the island, all for a resonable price. I'm glad you enjoyed the spectacular views we have to offer, as well as our daily deluxe breakfast with hot items. We also have a fitness center on the property, and are just minutes from the historic downtown Fort Pierce area. We would love to see you again the next time you are in the area, and thank you once more for your feedback!
New Concord, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

Hutchinson Island is a great vacation location find. We really enjoyed the old Florida feel with unique mom and pop restaurants, hospitality and the beaches are spectacular! This hotel is right on the sand, clean, with a pool and boat docks. We will definitely come again and bring friends.

Room Tip: I booked a room that over looked the pool and water. I booked directly with the hotel. It was the...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ohiogirl260
Thank you for your feedback on the Hutchinson Island Plaza Hotel, as well as the area restaurants and beaches. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your room, and hope that you were able to take advantage of our hot fresh breakfast in the morning, as well as our seasonally heated pool and hottub. We look forward to having you stay with us again, and would love to opportunity to wow your friends as well. Thank you again for sharing your experience!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

I just spent the most wonderful trip to the plaza
The front desk was so helpfull and they are so gracious and kind
They rooms Are clean and the bed was wonderful so nice u don't wNt to get up.
I want to thank these persons for being wonderful karen manager front desk tore cherry thank u

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Arrabela
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Hutchinson Island Plaza Hotel. It is nice to hear that myself as well as Tore and Cherri went above and beyond to assist you and make your experience a memorable one. Along with the updates to the beds, we've also added flat screen TV's and a fridge and microwave to every room. Please come stay with us again when you return to Fort Pierce, we look forward to the opportunity to service you in the future! Thank you again!
Hoover, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

I lived in Ft. Pierce as a child, and now my family returns each summer. We have never even considered another hotel. Having Cherri greet us at the front desk each summer always makes me feel so incredibly welcome. The breakfast is great and the experience is sooo relaxing. Loved the fridge and microwave additions to the room. We will be back for our fourth year next summer...can't wait.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the bridge.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Monique V
Karen M, General Manager at Hutchinson Island Plaza Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thank you for sharing your enjoyable experience at the Hutchinson Island Plaza Hotel! It is nice to know you enjoyed seeing a friendly face such as Cherri's, and thank you for mentioning her. I am glad you noticed the addition of the fridge and microwaves to the rooms, we've also added new high quality linen, flat screen TV's and a fitness center to the property. Again, thank you for taking the time to share you're feedback, and we look forward to your return next year!
Delray Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

We decided to take a day trip and spend one night there while checking out the area on July 20th. Being a Florida native, we unfortunately have not spent anytime in the Fort Pierce/Hutchinson Island area. We were thrilled with this hotel. From the moment we walked in, the front desk staff was very friendly and helpful and acted that way towards each guest we saw them interacting with. We had 2 adjoining rooms: one with a King size bed and one with 2 doubles. The rooms were large and very clean. I loved that they had a flat screen TV, a fridge, a microwave and a safe! Each room also had a very spacious balcony. The bathrooms were huge as well. The pool area was great and the hot tub was nice and hot!! The view of the inlet was beautiful and there is a great little beach area at low tide. My kids enjoyed catching crabs and wading through the water to see what other creatures they could find! There are boat docs right outside the hotel and it looks like a great place to fish! The surrounding area was great. Along with the inlet beaches, there was an aquarium and museum close by. We dined at Chucks as recommended by the hotel and a friend who has been in the area. It was a great suggestion! Breakfast was included in our stay. They had a great selection of hot and cold items and we were stuffed! We had such a nice time we were sad to leave. We will definitely be back- next time we are bringing our fishing poles!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank johnkimv
Thank yuo so much for taking the time to write such a detailed review, we are glad to here you enjoyed all aspects of the Hutchinson Island Plaza Hotel! We strive to maintain our status as the hotel in Fort Pierce with the friendliest most knowledgeable staff, and the cleanest rooms. I am pleased you descided to take advantage of our adjoinging rooms, and our overstocked delicious breakfast in the morning. Please come see us again the next time you are in the area, and don't forget your fishing poles! Thank you again, we look forward to your return.
Orange Park, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

When I arrived at the hotel, I was already amazed with the appearance of the property. Checking- in was very fast, the front desk clerk was efficient and knowledgeable about the place. My room was spotless, clean sheets, fresh and soft towels in the bathroom. Next day I went to the breakfast area and I said to my self, I really made the right choice in choosing this hotel. There was a lot of selection on their breakfast, both hot and cold items. It's just unfortunate that I am only staying for 2 nights, but for sure! I will be back to this hotel and recommend it to my family and friends.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Wacky_guy
Thank you very much for sharing your enjoyable experience at the Hutchinson Island Plaza Hotel! We prider ourselves on being the cleanest hotel with the friendliest staff in Fort Pierce. I'm glad you were able to take advantage of our deluxe continental breakfast, and enjoyed our brand new high quality linen. We've also recently added flat acreen TV's to every room, and a fitness center to our property. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future, hopefully for more than two nights! Thank you again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Pierce
Hampton Inn & Suites of Ft. Pierce
Prestige Hotel Vero Beach
Prestige Hotel Vero Beach
#7 of 27 in Vero Beach

Been to Hutchinson Island Plaza Hotel and Suites? Share your experiences!