“Just don't Know” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 24 Hotels in Fort Pierce
Bolton Canada
“Just don't Know”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

I spent 12 days at this hotel and found it was just not for me. The people are nice and the service is good, the price I thought was good too but the place just doesn't feel right to me. The water in the pools was too cold and there was quite a bit of sand or whatever at the bottom of one of the pools. I didn't look at the other one. If you are into fishing there are 5 docks you can fish from and a bait shop right on the property and you can bright your boat. There is no sand beach as such but a very nice one about a mile down the road. They have a Tiki bar type restaurant on the property but I found the prices high for the quality of the food they served. This is also a no smoking in the room premises.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank neenienooner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Vale
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

It's nothing fancy but perfect for a cheap safe clean place to stay. We have stayed at this inn every July fourth week for 4 years my dad has stayed w the inn for 6+ years over the fourth. It's on the river maintained very well and just a 5 min walk up sidewalk or along river to beach and jetty. It's like a min drive.

• Stayed July 2012
3 Thank Holly G
West Palm Beach, Florida, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

This is the perfect place to get away if you're looking to fish locally or on their docks, boat, relax on the beach down the street or just do nothing. Clean rooms, friendly staff. We stayed in the Inlet Suite, huge living room facing the water (balcony right on the water). On The Edge Restaurant and Bar is next door, although small, has great food and a friendly staff. Several nights a week there is live music at their outside newly built tiki bar. What a treat...cool breezes, a beautiful sunset and live music. We will be back.

Room Tip: Inlet Suite for couples only.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

My comments after my stay at the Dockside Inn and after reading some of the reviews, is the hotel reminded me of a river cabin (small apt size) with small liv rm, small basic kitchen and small bathroom, shower was a good size for being a small bathroom. The bedroom has king size bed, which I didnt sleep on, but was great per friends with me. The AC was great too, keeping room very cold. The floors are concrete through out, which makes it cleaner to me. There is a door to close bedroom off from living & kitchen. It is everything I expected. The hotel is on the water where people boat and fish. Imagine it with carpet and trying to keep fresh, clean and dry after people tracking in from fishing, boating & swimming. This place is perfect for what it is. Miss Lois at the front desk was very accommodating and kind when needing bed sheets for sleeper sofa. She was very helpful with reserving a room on the water for my next stay in May. She returned my call the next morning after I was calling back to book an addditional night for my next stay. If you are expecting more than what I have mentioned, then this is not the place for you. The sofa personally could use a vacuum on the used arms and the cushions, but it wasn't a deal breaker. The sofa matress was thin and older of course but slept good when turned laying widthwise so my ribs weren't pressing into the springs. It worked for me, no pain or crinks the next morning. Don't know anything about the TV working or not, other than there was one in room. I was happy with my stay at the Dockside Inn and that is why I made reservations for next time I'm in town! Hope my review can help someone in their decision.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Live2Ride-Ride2Live
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

We Travelled To Ft. Pierce And We Had Our Pets With Us We Found Dockeside Inn They Accepted Pets There Were Docks For Fishing Right Behind The Office What A Beautiful View Of The Water The Water Was Clear Enough To See The Jellyfish Floating By And The Fish ! The Staff Was Very Helpful And Friendly,The Property Was Very Well Kept And The Rooms Were Very Clean ,When I Travel Back To Ft. Pierce I Will Definately Revisit Dockside Inn!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank angelbear1019
Titusville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

This place is just beautiful. My hubby is in a Hoveround chair and loves to fish. He actually got tired of catching fish. Our room was excellent, equipped with a microwave and small refridgerator. It was all we needed. The on site resturant was awesome. Lois, the manager. made us feel right at home. We can't wait to come back, it was hard to leave this paradise on the water. Value that can't be beat in this area. One of the cleanest rooms I have ever been in.

Room Tip: Pool view 101, water view 109 are the best for handicapp. Some rooms have a small stove with oven so...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sandyshells2000
Orlando, FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

Great customer service, large clean rooms and the location on Ft. Pierce inlet has fishing right out the front door. You can tie up your boat to the dock or fish from the dock, there is a full service bait and tackle store along with guide service on the property.

• Stayed September 2012
Hampton Inn & Suites of Ft. Pierce
Courtyard Hutchinson Island Oceanside/Jensen Beach
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Pierce West
Prestige Hotel Vero Beach - Ocean Front

Been to Dockside Inn & Resort? Share your experiences!