“Trip for father's funeral”

Days Inn Fort Pierce Midtown
Ranked #20 of 24 Hotels in Fort Pierce
Reviewed March 7, 2011

I would not choose this hotel it is not a good place from home. First you got to pick up your iron and board from the office they will not bring to you. I had problems getting into my room with the key. After the funeral I was already upset and the key did not work. I did not have it near my cell phone at the time because that is what the receptionist said before why it was not working. My grandson, cousins and nephews had problems with their keys as well. Being in a strange place you do want to be able to access your room immediatley. Ice machine near my room did not work. No plugs near dewst to plug in laptop. Why have a desk and no where to plug in things. I have stayed in many hotels and this was the worst. I advise you not to go even though the rate was good. I did not feel comfortble and the hospitaltiy was not that great. WSometines a customer need to be treated as a guest .

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed February 28, 2011

We were on a three week auto vacation through Florida and stopped to see if they had any rooms available. The rate was great, the room was clean, the bed comfortable and the staff more than friendly and accomodating - in fact, they went out of their way to be helpful. Restaurants very close by and customer laundry very, very clean!!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 16, 2011

An acceptable stay. Lobby furniture is dirty and worn

Room was clean enough.

Guest Laundry was clean and useful

At first clerk said due to high occupancey, could not honor coupon price, but due to poor directions over the phone, she did honor it. Hotel did NOT appear to be high occupancy, so it sounded like a "canned response" to try to get more $$ from the guest if they can, in my opinion. Green coupon book shows $34 a very good bargain - I'd fight for it or walk away unless money no object.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nysq1
Reviewed December 29, 2010

after staying not even a whole night woke up with butts from cigarettes poured in front of door and manager accosted me with a nasty attitude accussing me of dumping them & the 3 teenage girls with me of smoking also. We were passing through going home from Orlando & I have never smoked a day in my life.He came at me with such attitude & refused to give me my change that was owed me when I got the room.I see other reviews where they had the same experience with that man ( Spanish or Indian)...seems like something he do all the time to travelers

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank tavelingwoman45
Reviewed November 29, 2010

Im a mother with 3 children under the age of 6 including a baby.i payed for a weeks stay.but the first night we were there me and my kids started sneezing.the next day i called the front desk and they moved us to another room.we were still sneezing and sniffling and i couldnt breath.I checked around the whole room to look for somethng that might of been causing us to sneeze like a clump of dust maybe.I did not notice anythng but i knew it was somethng in the room just like the last.the next day i called the front desk and asked for my money back.after refusing to give me my money i asked to speak to the manager.First they told me that i couldnt talk to him. Then finally the manager-an indian or spanish man@@ came up to my room.I told him the situation and he rudely suggested that me and my kids go to the hospital because we were just sick.We were not sick and did not have a cold.He threatened to have me kicked out.i got my money back thankgod and went to motel6 with my kids and we didnt sneeze anymore.

• Stayed: August 2010
1  Thank Coolmommy2
Reviewed June 23, 2010

It is true; I did pay $26 a night through Priceline.

The good:

$26 a night, wow super cheap...I went to this same site to check the reviews (fair) so I was feeling pretty good about my 'name your price' offer.

The front desk staff (very young) are quite nice to deal with; helpful with directions, answering questions over the phone and getting things to your room.

Room service: yeah, I was messy, no way to cover that up; these guys made the room 'look new'.

It did come w/ a mini fridge.

Nice to have two supermarkets real close and it was interesting to have both a Sears + a KMart close by.

The poor:

No microwave

No continental breakfast

ANTS all over the freaki* place, I'm talking about when you go eat on the table for two, these guys were waiting for you to get there so they can chow down on YOU. And the bathroom was silly; it was covered with them allll over the floor! I asked the front desk to spray, they did send a worker up to the room but The results did nothing, these meanie red ants had no sole and kept chomping away, Ouch!

The sheets were not the fitted type these were the ones you use for the box spring, but instead were used as the mattress sheet, tucked underneath the bed (it did no good).

The front desk area: This place was real hot, sure it was heat wave hot outside, but the front desk area was sooooo hot as well, I put my head through where the front desk workers are and that area was quite cool, errr.

Lack of restaurants near by...sure there were many fast food places left and right but that's about it, unless you wanted to drive at least 8, 9 miles north or south.

Final thought, if this place wants to get me as a return customer, they seriously need to get rid of these ants...I am no pest control guru, but I would hope they would do something to eliminate these things from their premises; it's obvious that I am not the only reviewer talking about these ants, nor in the same time period....this is a bad problem they choose not to deal with (correctly).

BTW If you need a hot spot...be sure to be roomed very near the front desk, otherwise signal will be too weak.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed February 27, 2010

You get what you pay for. My husband booked this hotel on hotel.com for $38 per nite. When I arrived to check in I drove around the parking lot, tired cracked pavement, no landscaping, pool surrounded by chain link fence, I thought, don't be a snob, it can't be that bad. The front desk has bulletproof glass. Very dated, 1960's lobby. I was given an interior room, first room next to the front desk. The room was dated but clean. The indoor outdoor carpet didn't stretch to cover the entire concrete floor. There were cigarette butts in the sliding door track and outside the door of this "non-smoking" room. The lock on the sliding glass door that went to the outside "courtyard" and "pool area" was flimsy and I didn't feel safe. One towel provided for a family of four. My daughters cried when they thought that we would be spending a night of our vacation here. I checked out 5 minutes after I checked in. We still haven't been reimbursed for my husband's online internet purchase.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family