“Long, hot weekend”

Days Inn Fort Pierce Midtown
Ranked #20 of 24 Hotels in Fort Pierce
Reviewed February 20, 2012

First few days staying there were uneventful. Friendly, nice staff. Only that after refusing housekeeping services on my second day there, I was called by the staff informing me that I had to have room service every other day. I ended up extending my stay another week, only to find out that I had to change rooms. The following weekend, woke up that morning to hear the air conditioner make a popping noise and shut off. I immediately called the front desk to inform them and was told I would have to switch rooms once that found a room because they had been sold out that night before. I asked if they had someone to look at the air conditioner and was told no. Several hours later, I went to the front desk to be told that they were still working on the issue and that they were all sold out for that day and couldnt switch my room. (Even though when I stood in line, 2 people ahead of me inquired about rate and room and checked in) Due to the fact it was 80 something degrees outside and no windows, I did not remain in the room during that day. I advised them to contact me on cell phone when needed. I returned at 8pm, again went to the desk, spoke with the manager, who stated give him 15 min and he was going to try and call someone. AGAIN. 9pm, I called again and was told nothing could be done and I asked for a fan, which I did get. The next day, the same thing, up to front desk where my name and number was taken to call me when "something was found" or someone called. Later, again, ran into the manager who swiftly walked past me saying "I did not forget about you, let me try and call someone. Sorry." Another night with no air conditioner. Thankfully, Monday morning, someone showed up to fix the air conditioner.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Days Inn Fort Pierce Midtown

Reviewed January 22, 2012

Check-in was quick and the reservation was followed. The room was clean (and didn't have a smell to it!!). The bed was comfortable. The mini-refrigerator was nice. There is no breakfast included in the price. There were also about 30 channels on the TV. Overall, a typical Days Inn.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 15, 2012

Front desk staff went out of there way to make sure we had everything we wanted in the room.However we didn't know until we got there that the restaurant was closed for reburbishment - so no breakfast and couldn't buy any milk locally.
However we found a good bar within walking distance and which suited our needs after a long drive.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 31, 2011

If you are into nostalgia and you want to re-live that trip from 1968 you took with your family, including your great Aunt Edna, then this is the place for you. In particular, for those who appreciate the ambiance of a minimal security prison or psychiatric institution, you might like this place. The bullet proof glass at the reception area when you walk in may give you a clue that this Days Inn is modeled after either one of these types of institutions. The towels and sheets were “utilitarian” order; meaning that this Days Inn does not have to worry about people stealing their towels EVER….as they were more like rags than towels. The sheets might have had a thread count of 1. The rubber pad on the mattress felt like it was the original mattress from when the hotel opened up. We have never slept on a mattress that talked back…every time we moved it emitted a sound similar to the funny noise your lower body makes after you have had too many beans at the barbeque. A tooting mattress is not funny when all you want to do is sleep because you have been driving all day. Having a good sense of humor will help if you still decide to stay here after reading this review…..We particularly loved having coffee in the room, but….were unable to drink it because there was no coffee maker or cups to drink it from. We laughed about the headboard that came un-done and the half- filled shampoo container. Also, be aware that they take a photo copy of your driver’s license and credit card at check in. This felt odd to us, but then again, the bullet proof glass made us wonder about this place and its local reputation. Thankfully we were here for only 6.5 hours. Priceline gave this motel two stars, but we think that this hotel does not deserve any stars, as it is in a class by itself. Granted, you get what you pay for. Thankfully we made it out of Dodge alive.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 19, 2011

Everything was exceptional! The facilty and location were ideal. The front desk workers, Bella, Erica T, and Annie, were very courteous and perfermed excellent customer service. Everything was very clean and in order.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 23, 2011

Motel is old and shows it's age, but everything worked and was clean. No food onsite, not even a donut.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2011

This is a modest but very clean and well maintained facility. The staff is very cordial and assisted me several times with questions I had regarding the Fort Pierce area. The internet had no interruptions day or night. It is well located on US1 and relatively easy to get in and out of the site. Will stay here again the next time we are inthe area.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family