“Great Hospitality- from a Ritz-Carlton afficionado”

Royal Inn Beach Hutchinson Island
Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Fort Pierce
Stuart, Florida
“Great Hospitality- from a Ritz-Carlton afficionado”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

My wife recently stayed at the hotel for a month while she worked during our long relocation process to Florida. The hotel was perfect for her first bout of Florida living with the beach and restaurants close by (within walking distance). The room was clean, internet access was free, along with a nice patio upon which to enjoy breakfast, and a grill for guest use if wanting to grill a fresh catch or what have you.

Terri and her staff were extremely helpful and accommodating. Each and every member of the staff are to be commended for providing my wife the "home away from home" feeling. THANK YOU!

Room Tip: Not much of the Florida view from the west side of the hotel (overlooks residences), but how much ti...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Polish first
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

Super clean, friendly and most of all detail oriented!!!! Great deals and great customer service!!!!
thank you very much for taking care of us. Reservation Department is very accommodating, very very patient with all the changes we make and still find a way to help us!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Carson City, NV
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

My husband and I were visiting Florida and decided to travel along the Treasure Coast. We loved the feel of Hutchinson Island, even though there's a lot of construction going on during the off season. We decided to spend the night and stopped at the Royal Inn. The young lady who checked us in was very pleasant and helpful. She let us choose our room and, after giving us our room key, she went to get a supply of ice for us and delivered it to our room! The room itself was clean, with a fairly nice view of the beach. The bathroom was clean and well-stocked. The beds were HEAVENLY! I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Zephyrhills, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

I was told the hotel had rooms that were handicap accessible. They indeed do have two ramps and an elevator but that is where it ends. We had to remove furniture so that I could enter the room with my power chair. My husband then, (after permission) had to dismantle one of the beds removing the metal frame beneath the mattress, so I could get into the bed. I could not hope to use the bathroom as it was too small to get a power chair into.
Now for the friendliness of the cleaning lady or lack thereof. I requested pillows for my family, we were told to come get them ourselves if we wanted them. I later realized we had a partial roll of toilet paper and requested more, again told to come and get and was scolded by the maid upon receiving said toilet paper. Telling me we should of asked for it when we checked in.
I have never worked in a hotel before but common sense says the rooms should be stocked when cleaned. Extra bags in the bottom of the trash cans, a roll or two of extra toilet paper, and maybe a card on the desk with the address so if you order out and have it delivered.

Room Tip: while to location was great the service made the experience terrible
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Fort Pierce hotels

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

I normally stay in we'll chained hotels because I can trust they are reliable. This hotel was on the beach though, so I thought I'd give it a try. BAD idea!
First of all the room was muggy and my kids starting sneezing and coughing within two hours in the room. Went to give them a bath and there's no plug for the tub. Went to get them out of the tub and the towels had holes in them!! Then I noticed they were Hampton inn towels. Really!? Come on! At least the air worked well and I liked that fan in the room. Our kitchenette was literally a microwave on top of a fridge so don't expect what's in the picture! The next morning at breakfast I tried to make my 4 year old a waffle. Couldn't find any spray anywhere and the front desk lady was on the phone the whole time. So I put the batter on anyways because there was a note saying they come and spray it every 30 minutes or something. Yeah, the waffle was all slimy and stuck all over the waffle maker. So i had to peel it all off. Finally another GUEST came in and helped me by pulling out the spray from under the cabinet. So I sprayed and started over. Waited the 3 minutes it told me to. And sure enough it burnt to a crisp.
Ew! So my kid ate toast. Another reason I picked this hotel was because it had breakfast with this waffle maker. So I knew my kids would have that to eat. But that didn't end up working.
Finally, the beach access was completely blocked because there is construction ALL over!! So the closest access was like 4 blocks away instead of right across the street. The construction looks like it will be awhile so if you're coming for that, I would stay away for at least 3 months.

Room Tip: Don't get the "sunset view" it's a freaking view of people's backyard across t...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

This was a spur of the moment choice with my boyfriend for a weekend getaway and it couldn't have been a better one! Great view of the beach, right near awesome resturaunts and bars and excellent service. We were able to grill on the deck and enjoy the company and help of Miranda, one of the employees who was one of the reasons why the stay was so awesome. Terri, a manager, really worked with us when we decided to stay and move rooms and the maid was really nice. We will definitely make another appearance here and can't wait to interact with the staff again :)

• Stayed May 2013
Lecanto, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

We stayed at this hotel over the holiday weekend with our dog. Our room was very nice and overlooked the ocean. The bed was lovely but the pillows need replacing, they were very soft and in spite of having four it was difficult to get comfy. Overall I would suggest the carpet be replaced and also some of the towels could do with being upgraded but I understand from a staff member that there are to be some upgrades in the near future. Staff were very nice, as was the breakfast in the morning and the location could not be faulted.

Room Tip: Go for ocean facing rooms
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Palms Hotel Fort Pierce
#9 of 24 in Fort Pierce
La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft. Pierce
Hutchinson Island Plaza Hotel and Suites

Been to Royal Inn Beach Hutchinson Island? Share your experiences!