“Bare Bones”

Hampton Inn & Suites of Ft. Pierce
Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Fort Pierce
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We were in Ft. Pierce for one night and spent it at the Hampton Inn. This hotel is very convenient to the FL Turnpike and to I-95. Upon check-in we were assigned a first floor room behind the office and across from the laundry. Despite this, the room was fairly quiet. My husband thought the hallway had a musty odor. Our room, on the other hand, was overwhelming with highly scented perfumed cleaning products. Ugh! The room was sparse with no refrigerator or microwave. There was a huge floodlight outside our room. It lit the room with an eerie glow all night around the blackout curtains. Judging from the parking lot, the hotel is very popular with government travelers. It does offer wired internet for those in the need. It was OK for one night, a longer stay, I would look elsewhere.

Room Tip: Make sure there is not a floodlight outside your window.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 6, 2013

This is not a typical Hampton Inn that I am used to. What I look for in a hotel is smoke free, pet free, quiet location and clean. After asking for a smoke free room I got a room on the 4th floor which had a strong smoke odor. I called the front desk to complain and was told that the hotel rooms were all sold out. I then went down to the lobby to state that I was going to take advantage of their 100% satisfaction guarantee. Well all of a sudden they were able to find me a smoke free room on a smoke free floor. Next problem I saw was a little white poodle in the pet free hotel. I asked the desk why this dog was in the hotel. The clerk said she didn't see any dog. I saw the dog come into the hotel 3 times. I love dogs but don't want to use a room where they have been.

Room Tip: Don't go on the 4th floor unless you are a smoker.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel on business many times and have never been disappointed. Kelly at the desk is a real gem. She is very helpful with whatever you need, such as a restaurant, etc. If you are on I-95 at the Turnpike, your in the right spot, because "Nothing Sleeps Like a Hampton Bed"

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank 767rwhite767
Reviewed March 9, 2013

The location is conveniently located between the FL Turnpike and Interstate 95. There are gas stations and restaurants nearby. We were welcomed pleasantly and our reservations were exactly as we requested. The staff was friendly and efficient. The room was clean and well furnished. We had numerous choices at breakfast and the items were presented fresh and in an appealing manner. We travel this route frequently and will definitely consider staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

If going to/from Miami or Key West, this hotel is half way. Located at junction of 95 and the Florida Turnpike, it's perfect. Easy to get in & out of. Lots of dining options. Truck stops for fuel, wash, or service. Staff great, rooms great, breakfast great. A complete winner.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We needed a convenient stop over and a great rate on our way to the Keys. The breakfast was very very good. Comfortable and clean. My only complaint was that there was no soap or shampoo provided in the rooms. you could ask for it at the desk. I carry my own shampoo, but you need soap to wash your hands and none was provided.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank SunnyRiders
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We had a great stay at this Hampton. Our room was very comfortable and the front dress staff were extremely kind and helpful. This hotel was central to shopping and restaurants. Very clean and comfortable hotel.

Room Tip: Very quiet room over looking the parking lot. Great to be able to see our vehicle as we were travel...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple