“Wonderful waterside place”

Ranked #3 of 186 Restaurants in Fort Pierce
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Seafood menu. Lunch, dinner. Closed holidays. Bar. Children's menu. Outdoor seating.
Reviewed May 10, 2014

Though this place did not live up to some of the more superlative reviews to us, it is a very good place to eat. The hostess was not at all friendly when we entered and was busily chatting on the phone with someone about a booking and never even acknowledged us or made eye contact. When she was off the phone there was no apology for the wait either. Not the best first impression.
We did want to sit outside by the water and went upstairs and had a great view of the water and a wonderful sunset. (But be aware, the mosquitoes were out in force). Our waitress was very good and friendly. The shrimp lived up to the hype and the fried platter was also very good. The portions were fine and everything was very good. We did think it was perhaps a bit overpriced; but it was close to where we were staying and after a long drive we decided to go somewhere close by. Weather permitting, my advice is to try and sit outside, but watch out for the mosquitoes!

There are newer reviews for Chuck's Restaurant

Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

When to happy hour on Friday with my wife & son. Happy Hour Menu has a great selection for only 6.00 per order. We had the famous fried shrimp ( outstanding ) . Fish Dip as good as any I've had and Conch Fritters. Loaded with conch and golden brown. Oh and 2.00 drafts
Who could ask for anything more .
We will be back soon. Happy Hour from 3 to 5. See you there !!

2  Thank CBOWVBO
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Have visited this restaurant every year we are in FP. Always fantastic food and excellent service. Their catch of the day is always fresh and prepared just the way you want it. Will continue to visit each time we are in the area.

Reviewed April 10, 2014

This restaurant is located on South Hutchinson Island, right near the first roundabout. They have both indoor and outdoor seating. I chose to sit outside and had something off the specials menu. It was a mahi mahi sandwich and sweet potato fries. The mahi mahi tasted fresh and was cooked very well. My meal was very filling.
The outdoor area is completely covered, so it stayed cool in the warm sun. There are only a few restaurants in the area that offer such a view and it was a nice treat along with my meal. I would recommend this restaurant, but must warn you that I do not think they had an entree on the menu that did not start below $19. But as mentioned before, I picked something off the specials menu and was more than pleased with what I had to eat. I am not sure I will be back because of the prices, but I have a feeling that because of their location, they stay quite busy all the time.

Reviewed April 9, 2014

We were very satisfied with Chuck's. In fact, we went back a second time. We found that the Fort Pierce restaurants we visited,including Chuck's, are informal and offer great seafood. That suited us just fine. The service was excellent, the menu offered variety, and the food was delicious. We thought the portions were just right. The seafood is terrific, and the key lime pie is not to be missed!