“Average at best...”

Fountains Hotel & Resort
Ranked #17 of 24 Hotels in Fort Pierce
Florida
Reviewed May 2, 2006

After reading some of the other reviews here, I was expecting more. Perhaps I caught them on a bad day, but the room had dead bugs, and the person who checked me in was less than helpful suggesting a good restaurant. The breakfast would have been fine if there had been enough milk for both of us to have the cereal. There was no staff around to ask for more, or at the desk when checking out.

• Stayed: May 2006
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Management response:Responded May 5, 2006

I want to thank this customer for your valuable feedback. Please accept my apology for the any inconvenience that interfered with a relaxing stay.

At the Fountain Resort, our customer is always right. We welcome the opportunity to serve you. We only ask that if we are not in the office, please, call one of the two telephone numbers posted at the entrance to the main guest house.

Our service guarantee states that if we fail to correct a problem we will comp that nights stay. Concerns must be communicated to a resort employee and be within our control to correct.

Reviewed April 27, 2006

I must have a little higher expectations than most people because I found the resort to be just OK. I didn't find the room overerly clean, maybe the regular housekeeper was on vacation. It was just OK. The rug really needed replacing as it had alot of stains on it. I was happy to have a frig & a microwave but from the descriptions, thought they would be at least in a little separate section. Didn't realize they were in place of my night stand right next to the bed. Since there were only 2 of us we only had 1 room. The pool & the hot tub were nice though & they were clean. All in all, it was Ok but we didn't find anything to rave about. Maybe we should have just had a different room since we stayed there 5 nights.

• Stayed: February 2006
1  Thank dwellbrock
Tucson, AZ
Reviewed April 21, 2006

The rooms were clean & spacious. Neil Goetze the manager was very courteous & he did everything he could to make our stay special, & it was. The pool was beautiful & heated. We brought our two year old & he loved it! I would return again. We had a great nights sleep as the bed was very comfortable. It was also easy to find & close to the beaches.

• Stayed: April 2006
Reviewed March 17, 2006

We tried this place because of all the positive reviews on this site. We usually stay away from independent motels because you never know what you'll find. This lived up to the previous reviews written. Neal was most helpful and pleasant. It is the older style motel that has been completely renovated. The rooms were spacious and very clean. The shower in our room was huge. I do agree with the one comment about the inconvenience of using several remotes for the TV. If you hit the wrong button on the wrong remote, you could lose half the TV program by the time you got it back on. However, the mgr or someone is always available for help if you don't want to try to fix it on your own. The only negative thing I can say that I haven't seen mentioned is the slowness of the computer. However, that is the fault of the service provider, not the motel. Just don't plan to do a lot of important business on the computer while there. Checking e-mails takes long enough. I was just happy not to have to lug my laptop and still have access to a computer. Stay there for pleasure not if you plan to conduct business requiring a lot of computer use. Things were well lighted and I would feel safe there if traveling alone. I got a much better rate by calling then using the online reservation system. They are willing to work with whatever discounts you have available to you. Thumbs up all the way for this place.

Stayed: March 2006
Edgewater, FL
Reviewed March 8, 2006

This is probably the best medium priced motel I have ever stayed in. The room was spacious, very clean, well furnished, and decorated very well. The complex as a whole is attractive, has a pool and hot tub, and large parking areas. I was there with a reunion of Michigan US Power and Sail Squadron members and everyone enjoyed the stay. If I had one complaint it would be the difficulty operating the Satalite TV, probably because I'm to old for modern technology. When I called for help they came quickly to teach me how to use their system. Our group used the social and meeting rooms which were very clean and designed for their purposes, and the coffee is always on. When you stay there check out Norris's Resturant. It is great, and I assure you that you will be full and satisfied when you leave. The manager Neal was very helpful during our stay, and even added a bit of humor, and is very clever with a computer. We all enjoyed our stay so much we have reserved 10 rooms for next year.
Thank You Neal for a great stay.
P/C William Myers, SN

• Stayed: March 2006
Ocala, Florida
Reviewed January 15, 2006

Not one for overpriced hotels, I went on-line to seek out something different - a bed and breakfast perhaps. I found that due to the New Year's weekend, of the very few B and B's in the area, they all required a three night stay. I continued to search and found the Fountain Resort in Ft. Pierce. The price was fabulous which caused some concern and the pictures on-line looked pleasant enough. Located north of Ft. Pierce and south of Vero Beach, we found the Fountain Resort to be most accomodating. I was very pleasantly surprised! Our Innkeeper, Neil was by far the most enthusiastic person I have had the pleasure of meeting and our room (although not his favorite) reminded me of my childhood growing up in south Florida with Terrazzo floors (to keep you cool), a window unit air conditioner and a tropical decor. I highly recommend the Fountain Resort to those travelers who wish to experience the local flavor as opposed to the hotel conglomerates that assembly line their daily businesses!

Reviewed December 11, 2005

My son and I were traveling for tennis and when I do this, I don't want to spend a lot of money of our accommodations. Sometimes, I am very disappointed. In this case, I was quite pleased. The Fountain Resort is nicely located, small and charming. Very well maintained. It has a sort of 50's charm. The rooms are nicely furnished and the bathrooms were very clean and felt more like I was in my home. Nice, fun tile colors and big showers. The management was excellent. We were taken care of from the time to got there until we checked out. I only wish I had had more time to just relax by the pool. I would stay again and recommend it to others.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Pierce
#13 of 24 in Fort Pierce
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Vero Beach-I-95
The Caribbean Court Boutique Hotel
Kimpton Vero Beach Hotel & Spa

Been to Fountains Hotel & Resort? Share your experiences!