“Pleasantly surprised by the Fountain Resort”

Fountains Hotel & Resort
Fountains Hotel & Resort
Ranked #17 of 24 Hotels in Fort Pierce
Ocala, Florida
Reviewed January 15, 2006

Not one for overpriced hotels, I went on-line to seek out something different - a bed and breakfast perhaps. I found that due to the New Year's weekend, of the very few B and B's in the area, they all required a three night stay. I continued to search and found the Fountain Resort in Ft. Pierce. The price was fabulous which caused some concern and the pictures on-line looked pleasant enough. Located north of Ft. Pierce and south of Vero Beach, we found the Fountain Resort to be most accomodating. I was very pleasantly surprised! Our Innkeeper, Neil was by far the most enthusiastic person I have had the pleasure of meeting and our room (although not his favorite) reminded me of my childhood growing up in south Florida with Terrazzo floors (to keep you cool), a window unit air conditioner and a tropical decor. I highly recommend the Fountain Resort to those travelers who wish to experience the local flavor as opposed to the hotel conglomerates that assembly line their daily businesses!

Reviewed December 11, 2005

My son and I were traveling for tennis and when I do this, I don't want to spend a lot of money of our accommodations. Sometimes, I am very disappointed. In this case, I was quite pleased. The Fountain Resort is nicely located, small and charming. Very well maintained. It has a sort of 50's charm. The rooms are nicely furnished and the bathrooms were very clean and felt more like I was in my home. Nice, fun tile colors and big showers. The management was excellent. We were taken care of from the time to got there until we checked out. I only wish I had had more time to just relax by the pool. I would stay again and recommend it to others.

Reviewed November 7, 2005

I too decided to give the Fountain Resort after reading other reviews and I'm glad I did. It's located just north of Fort Pierce on U.S.1. It's not on the ocean and is not at all "fancy". But I found it to be comfortable and very relaxing. The pool area is nice and the owners are very friendly and helpful. I'd stay here again if I'm in the area.

• Stayed: October 2005, traveled on business
San Antonio
Reviewed July 31, 2005

I decided to stay at the Fountain after reading the reviews here on Trip Advisor and after having done so I can concur with previous guests that this is really relaxing, pleasant place to spend a night. The room was ultra clean and full of little amenities like digital TV, DVD player (with movie rentals in the office), tons of fresh towels, nice smelling bath products and even a small kitchenette area complete with microwave, fridge, stovetop, plates, silverware etc. Outside I enjoyed a refreshing dip in the well maintained pool and then soaked in the hot tub under the stars (both stay open until late). To top it off, the owners are charming and very hospitable!

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 26, 2005

Our stay at the Fountain Resort was nothing short of wonderful. Neil Goetze, the Manager, provided us with personalized service from my first telephone call to make the reservation until the time we checked out.
A very pleasant surprise was the room decor. This is NOT your average hotel room. The room could not have been nicer and was more like a beautiful guest room in someone's home than an hotel room. All the little touches---dark wicker furniture, throw pillows, quilted bedspread, even a rocking chair ---made the room very inviting. The designer bath gel and shampoo in an immaculately clean bathroom with a huge shower and fluffy (not your average hotel) towels was an extra delight.
The Continental Breakfast that was included in the very reasonable price was served in an immaculately clean and airy breakfast room and was more than enough food. Again, Neil checked to make sure we had everything we needed or wanted and that we were satisfied.
The Fountain Resort gets 5 Stars in my book, and the highest recommendation I can give is to say, "I'll Be Back!"

1  Thank Barbara B
Reviewed July 6, 2005

My husband and I found the Fountain Resort by accident while driving south on US1 and we are glad we did! The room we got for $71 was clean and cozy, with a BIG shower. After a day at the beach we came back to the resort to find a BBQ at the pool! Later that night we had the hot tub all to ourselves. We had great time and will go back; the resort is clean, friendly, and well worth the price.

• Stayed: July 2005
1  Thank NRG
Deltona, Florida
Reviewed July 3, 2005

We were fortunate enough to choose this lodging from an online list of motels in Ft. Pierce, Fl. We were going there for a long weekend of fishing and relaxing. From the very beginning, the phone call for reservations, we were treated kindly and politely. I was most comfortable immediately. Had to call back for further information and directions and Neil was always a pleasure to talk to. Upon our arrival we were greeted and treated like family. The room was large, clean had a kitchenette and oversized shower. The rate of $79.00 per night was most reasonable. They also have large suites. Everything had a tropical Key West feeling. A continental breakfast was available each morning. There was a large pool and spa. There was also an exercise room and game room. The most appealing thing was Neil and Tammy. You were at ease from the moment you met them. What ever your needs were they were right there. From directions to the nearest ice cream parlor to advise on what to apply to the horrendous sunburn I was dumb enough to get. Hats off to them and there resort. The gated grounds gave us assurance that our boat and equipment would be safe while we slept. Ample parking was available for large boats and trailers. Thanks Neil and Tammy. The rooms were nice the management was outstanding. In my opinion they deserve recognition and a raise.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
#13 of 24 in Fort Pierce
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Vero Beach-I-95
The Caribbean Court Boutique Hotel
Kimpton Vero Beach Hotel & Spa

Been to Fountains Hotel & Resort? Share your experiences!