“Nice view....but you pay for it!”
Review of Manatee Island

Manatee Island
Ranked #13 of 183 Restaurants in Fort Pierce
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Fort Pierce, Florida
“Nice view....but you pay for it!”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

This tiki bar is new to the area..but not new to tiki bars...outside tables and some with umbrellas for us sun sensitive floridians..has a marvelous view of the inlet...you can get the same view from the inside air conditioned bar....you know...for us who live here year round..the happy hour 1/2 price appetizers draws a good local crowd...limited choice but nice portions...and of course the view...the rest of the menu has nice choices and the service is good...and did I mention the view?!?

• Visited June 2014

Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida, United States
“If you want to pay for the view”
Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

Too many great restaurants on the island to bother eating here. We had the fish/chips(get better in freezer section at the grocery store, it was bad), a grouper
reuben (it was edible nothing special) and a salmon salad. The salmon
was dry. I also had a bloody mary. It had not much taste like watered
down mixer.

• Visited June 2014
Florida
“Good seafood, on the water”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Great place to go to by boat. Also good food and nice atmosphere. Adequate parking. Open air atmosphere (bar, dining) as well as inside dining. A little a la Key West style.

Fort Walton Beach, Florida
“Good food, great view”
Reviewed May 22, 2014

I almost did not go here because it is not rated high on Tripadvisor, and there are several reviews about so-so food. But on this particular day, it was starting to rain, and so I chose it because I would be protected from the rain coming here to eat. And I was pleasantly surprised and glad I came here.
When you walk in, you get the feel of being at the beach. Nice, bright, cheery feel. The ceilings are tall and the back half of the restaurant is all glass. It gives you a great view of the inlet. The windows do open to allow for a breeze. There is a small area for outdoor seating, located next to the Tiki bar.
I decided on this day to try something I had never had before. Go outside my comfort zone.I ordered the grouper reuben. It was really good. Although I am not a big fan of coleslaw on my sandwiches, I liked using the rye bread on the grouper with thousand island dressing and melted cheese. I also decided to switch my sides and tried the coconut jasmine rice. Wow. Very good. And it was all washed down with iced raspberry tea.
My waiter was Sam, and he was very attentive. All-in-all, I enjoyed my meal and the relaxing view while eating. I can only say that I had a positive experience and I do plan to go back. With a tip, I walked away paying around $20 for my lunch. While not cheap, I have eaten at multiple restaurants on the Hutchinson Island location, and that is about average for that area.
I think most people coming here will find it a good experience, and enjoy themselves.

1 Thank maxona
Fort Pierce, Florida
“Dinner with beautiful view of waterway”
Reviewed May 19, 2014

We had dinner at Manatee Island with our extended family to celebrate a special occasion. Beautiful location, great staff and very good food. This was our first visit and we plan to go back very soon.