“View was good”
Review of Mangrove Mattie's - CLOSED

Mangrove Mattie's
Cuisines: French, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Our window table by the water was very nice. The view was spectacular. I ordered the early bird Salmon dinner. It was okay - not spectacular. My husband ordered the Prime Rib early bird special. I don't know who they get their "prime rib" from, but he was not served prime rib. We are from Kansas, and we know good prime rib....this wasn't even good beef. I would suggest they take a road trip and try some beef from the midwest, especially prime rib, before they serve it again. My friend ordered Coconut Shrimp, but it was mostly breading and the shrimp had no taste at all. The vegetable medley was overcooked. Our server was attentive and good...food has a long way to go to meet the service we received. Probably won't go back.

There are newer reviews for Mangrove Mattie's

Reviewed February 7, 2013

We love this restaurant... early bird menu is wonderful... I love the salmon blackened. Great atmosphere and they open the windows and Nature at it's best is at your finger tips. The early bird menu gives you a nice glass of white or red wine. It's plenty to eat and a varity to choose from. My favorite is "All the crab you can eat" Monday - Friday... It's only $24.00 and well worth it. You can also get happy hour in the bar with discounts on cocktails. OK, I think you can see we love this place. Enjoy and make memories...

Reviewed January 23, 2013

What a wonderful view of the Fort Pierce Inlet. This establishment should have a loyal customer base and a wait to get in with the setting and wide open windows space, but, with average or below average quality dinners being served you soon relize why this restaurant is not packed. Maybe the owner should retire because this place should be a local leader in dinning pleasure and it is not. What a Shame.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Large nautical restaurant by the water. It great to sit by windows that open so u get the outdoor feeling. Fun to watch boats, pelicans, etc cruise by.
Open for lunch & dinner. They do have happy hour & a Sunday brunch. Very nice selections & prices r reasonable.
We had a very enjoyable lunch with great atmosphere.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

We ate there yesterday with guests from S. Carolina. The four of us loved the food, the view and had absolutely no compaints. We plan to return next week and I will again have the nut-crusted flounder. It was wonderful and the prices were right. My husband said it was the best fish and chips he's had since moving to Florida 26 years ago. He is anxious to return as well. I love to cook so eating out has to be special.