“When it rains its happy hour” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of On The Edge Bar & Grill

On The Edge Bar & Grill
Ranked #5 of 181 Restaurants in Fort Pierce
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Bar scene, Kids, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“When it rains its happy hour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2014 via mobile

Great spot on the inlet with own fishing jetty, so you will often find families fishing into the night...

Inside its a lively bar with several tables with the sea-beautiful sunset views, outside a tiki bar with numerous tables in the sand and a small bandatand for live music...

All in very nice feel, all welcome, food good and happy hour when it rains...!!!!;-)

Ottawa
“Wonderful views”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2014

I have often driven by this spot because the small parking lot was full. I wish I had paid attention to the overflow parking across the street. There is a modest sized tiki bar. Although hot out the breeze served to keep us feeling comfortable. There is ample seating outside with good sun shading so you can sit right on the water. Regardless the view of the inlet and the boat traffic are worth taking a photo or two. As an added bonus the view to the West is open allowing for great sunset views.

The catch of the day was grouper and was cooked to perfection as were the sides (the vegetable textures were spot on). I had my grouper grilled with the beurre blanc sauce which worked well. I had the choice of mango sauce.

Happy hour is from 2 to 6 or whenever it is raining. Aside from the discounted drinks, they serve wonderful tacos for $3 each. A great by.

Our waitress was very pleasant and cheerful. Give it a try.

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank bulroc
“Terrible service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

Went here tonight with my family as my son just graduated from Marine boot camp. We were gonna go to Shuckers on Hutchinson Island, but someone recommended this place. Took an hour to get food. 16.95 for a Grouper sandwich, which was smaller that the bun! Pretty disappointing for the price. My wife ordered the Penne Pasta. The Alfredo sauce was separated and not flavorful at all. Take my word, Shuckers has a better menu, better food and great service. Stay away from this place. We could barely get refills on our drinks!

• Visited August 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Jacksonville, Florida
“Cool setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2014

Great food, wonderful setting on water, sand, beach chairs, TiKi Bar, live music. What else do you need?

Visited July 2014
glenwood, nj
“Not as it used to be. Sad”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2014

I loved On the Edge. It was the first restaurant we attended after buying our vacation home. We always took friends there when they visited and our children loved it too. It is still has the same lovely feeling, but the service and food are not the same. The menu has changed and I only just like the food, not love it. We went again this July and it was just ok and the wait is much longer. I hope they can restore it to how it used to be. Not sure if new owners or new chef, but I just don't feel as welcome there as I used to. I am still going to go on occasion when I am in the area as I just love ambiance and location.

• Visited July 2014