“Waterside grub & libations”

Tiki Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 186 Restaurants in Fort Pierce
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Original Tiki Bar & Restaurant was built in early 1990 at the Fort Pierce City Marina. The Tiki Bar, as it is affectionately known, soon became a favorite destination for those in search of great food and drinks, all served in a tropical setting.Situated on the banks of the Indian River, the Tiki Bar boasts open-air dining under an authentic Tiki thatched roof. In August of 1998, the Lloyd family acquired the Tiki Bar and continues to operate the restaurant to this day. Carrying on the tradition that started in 1990, the Tiki Bar continues to offer excellent tropical fare in an atmosphere that will make you feel as though you are in the islands. Come to the Tiki Bar whereby . . . We overlook nothing . . . But the beautiful Indian River.
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Met some old friends passing through the area. Ordered the New England lobster roll and fish taco. Both were nothing to write home about. Same can be said of their drink of the day, a Margarita. The waitress was pleasant and we were not hurried as we reminisced with our friends. After lunch we strolled through the open air market set up alongside the Indian River bank.

There are newer reviews for Tiki Bar & Restaurant

Reviewed February 8, 2014

..... and this is a great spot from which to watch them. We've frequented this restaurant many enjoyable times but yesterday we stopped in for some of their excellent New England Clam Chowder which, while still delicious, was served barely warmed and the server was even icier. From reading the other reviews, they need to do some damage control with their staff.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

service worst was there for lunch today server was kim mid 30s short brown hair very short with us made us feel like we did not belong there dropped the check while we were still eating and we were going to order two key lime pres but because of that we said no way we will never be back due to this service we have been here before and have heard that the gm jonathan is no longer here and we are very upset to here he was let go never again will be be here and i am sure none of our friends will be there as well good job running a great place to the ground

4  Thank jeffrey d
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I loved the atmosphere, think is a very relaxed place to be with the family, food is good, a little greasy for my taste, but music feels good, and being next to the water is a great feeling, you get to feed the fish with the children, that's cool.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

The staff were extremely rude and full of attitude. After taking 10 minutes to be acknowledged we were seated at a table for 4 of us, there were 4 pillars so we could not see each other at the table. We asked to move and could clearly see there were many other tables available but she bluntly answered no.
The waitress handed us menus that were sticky and dirty then disappeared. We waited around 15 minutes until she returned for our drinks order. After our experience so far we decided to leave.
If this was her attitude when they were quiet I would hate to see her under pressure and busy.

Overall
Dirty
No atmosphere
Rude Staff

Original T, General Manager at Tiki Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Hello My name is Jonathan Leibowitz and I am the GM here at the Tiki Bar in Fort Pierce. I would first like to take the time to say sorry for your experience here at my restaurant and would like to get some more info from you in regards to your visit. I am wondering who your server was and a brief description of them. I am also wondering where you were sat in the restaurant and if you were sat by a server or a host. I am also wondering what time your party arrived at the Tiki Bar. All of this info will help me greatly as I am trying to find out why your party had such a bad experience at my restaurant.

Again I am greatly sorry for all of this and hope to here from you so I can get to the bottom of this situation.

Jonathan Leibowitz