“One of the last of the genre”

Peking Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #38 of 188 Restaurants in Fort Pierce
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Well, how did you ring in the new year?
For us, it was with the happy folks at Peking Chinese, aka The Red Roof off US 1, across from Yates. We weren't alone - the place was packed and tables were turning for the duration of our visit in the 6:30-8:30 slot.
The food was delicious and freshly prepared. The decor is wonderfully kitschy, with Chinese lanterns, a live fish tank, and a unique Holiday shrine complete with well... you name it.
The Service was frantic, but entrees slow coming. It didn't detract from our experience.
We ordered the 1/2 Peking duck, prepared well with appetizer "pancakes" fired duck skin with all fat removed and followed by a terrific dish with the duck meat. Hot tea was served throughout.
For us, it a was a nice flashback to our childhood in NYC, specifically to a venerable old place across the street from Radio City Music Hall. Great memories of special events, replicated now in little 'ol Fort Pierce by friendly folks who know what they are doing with traditional American-Chinese food. We even received a vintage Chinese restaurant calender for 2014!
Who ever thought it would be hard to find good Chinese? Thankfully, Peking Chinese keeps the tradition alive.

Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

This is a very quiet unassuming place. The decor is 70's oriental. They have a very extensive menu and the prices are very reasonable. My wife opted for the Szechuan beef and I got the pork egg foo yung. Both portions were very large and we took much of the dinner home with us. Both plates were delicious. The entrees also come with choice of soup and egg roll. A pot of tea and rice is also included. All in all, this is a delightful and inexpensive restaurant . we will be back.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Good local Chinese. Great egg rolls, good hot and sour soup and the Mongolian pork is my favorite dish. There is plenty of food to share, so don't over order because the bill will be shocking. If you want to order a lot, got at lunch where the same large portions are half the price. The decor is typical gaudy Chinese restaurant, nothing fancy but not horrific either. The waiter is always friendly and helpful and there is plenty of parking.

Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

I have been to the Peking many times and it never fails to please me. Everything both my husband and I have tried is delicious. They have an early bird menu we try to get there for (before 6:30) which includes soup, egg roll, steamed or fried rice, your main dish, and ice cream or sherbet. This is all for prices ranging from $10 - $15. There is always way more food than I can eat and it's so tasty. I would highly recommend this restaraunt. The service is great as well!

Reviewed February 8, 2013

Peking has the best pork fried rice and egg rolls! I seldom stop long enough to dine in and take out is so quick there. I am always greeted in a friendly manner. The food is so good. This is my regular when hubby is out of town on business.

They use fresh veggies in their dishes....a nice change from most Asian restaurants.

Definitely worth trying!