“Real flordia restaurant and bar”
Review of Pineapple Joe's

Pineapple Joe's
Ranked #29 of 187 Restaurants in Fort Pierce
Cuisines: American
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Went out for fresh seafood and got tasty shrimp dinners. We walked in about 5:30 and place was packed with locals, always a good sign. I like to keep it simple with the fry shrimp platter that was great. Wife got the shrimp special, a pasta tomato bisque style dish that was awesome. The pineapple fritters appetizer were also a wonderful new taste we had never had. Good bar drinks. Affordable price for delicious food at a real Florida restaurant. Won't hesitate to go back.

1  Thank Brad K

Reviewed April 4, 2014

I go to a lot of restaurants and the sandwich I use to gauge a place on my first visit is the Philly cheese steak , ( or variant thereof ). This place nailed it. The cook had everything perfect, the bread was soft and fresh and the ingredients were each cooked to the perfect consistency . The cheese was melted just right with out being over heated and separated. The presentation was worthy of a menu picture or tv ad. They make their own chips there and they were very tasty and of the right crispness.
My girlfriend had the fried scallops and they were hand breaded and cooked expertly . They seemed to be very fresh and not over breaded. The only drawback was the portion size was a little small on that dish but I know from being on the other side of the counter as a former cook and restaurant manager they are fairly pricey and the profit margin is somewhat smaller.
We had an appetizer of conch fritters and they were served with the usual Jamaican relish/ mayo dipping sauce. They were very large fritters but they were cooked perfectly and I have to say the grease in the fryer must be changed daily as the fried portions of our meal were better then what you come to expect in most places .
All in all the food was a great surprise after months (years?) of having our hearts broken and our stomachs dissapointed by over priced sub standard food that has seemed to become the norm in most places. I would strongly recommend getting food from this place.

2  Thank JadedEater
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Very friendly waitress! Their tilapia sandwich was excellent, also the Mahi Mahi sandwich. The servings are large (enough to take home). After the great lunch, we ordered key lime pie--so delish! No outdoor seating (didn't mean to check that box). It is conveniently off highway 1. Had some interesting antiques.

1  Thank schatzedog
Reviewed January 23, 2014

One of our favorite places to go for dinner. It can get busy during the winter months but it is well worth the wait. Or try to get there before 5. We love their pasta dishes and garlic bread! We had our last meal there before we headed back to Michigan...

Reviewed December 26, 2013

Great fun place, good food and music a bit north of town but worth the trip ! Mabel iis quite the
friendly hostess/owner. Took the time to say hello ! I will go back on my next visit to Ft Pierce
The burger and nachos were well presented and VERY good.