“Family friendly overview of Citrus Processing”
Review of Al's Family Farms

Al's Family Farms
Ranked #6 of 89 things to do in Fort Pierce
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Welcome to Al's Family Farms in Fort Pierce, Florida - the heart of the Indian River Citrus District. Guided citrus packinghouse tours are available January 2 through April 6, 2018 - Keep reading for tour times, below. AL’s Red Barn Grill is open year around. Our historic Red Barn Packinghouse and Citrus Shop are open November through June. Come sample & purchase local Florida citrus, fresh squeezed orange juice & Sharon's homemade fudge. Not here during tour time? Short video tour running in our lobby and the OJ Corral is open during Citrus Shop hours. Citrus Shop open Monday through Friday: 9-6 and Saturdays 9-5. Always closed Sundays. The 2018 tour schedule is as follows: One hour guided citrus packinghouse tours are given Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays at 10:30 a.m. from January 2 through April 6, 2018. Call ahead as tours fill quickly. Watch us wash, sanitize and pack Indian River Citrus to send to your freezin' friends up north! Walk along our wash line where we was
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children
Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

Tour guides do a great job of taking everybody through citrus processing - picking the fruit, sorting sizes, washing, polishing and packaging. You get samples of fruits & juices on tour and everybody gets a fruit to take home. We were 2 adults and we enjoyed the tour as much as the kids & families!

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Thank you to Sherri and her team for the fun, educational trip!
I had the privileged of working with Sheri organizing a home school field trip!
I was provided an email with all the tools and information needed. Emails were answered in a timely fashion. The team at Al's family farms was great working with a wide range of ages 5-17, providing an educational experience in Indian river citrus including samples and orange ice cream to end the experience.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Great tour, wish we could have visited an orchard. There was also a misinterpretation with a coupon special.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Took the tour with my wife & our 10 year old son. It was a wonderful time & I would have enjoyed it by myself. Shari & Angie are fabulous hosteses and spokes people for Al's and the Indian River Fruit District. The tour is a wealth of information on Indian River Citrus and best of all you get to taste everything. Samples are free and plentiful. Only downside is you'll never be able to eat any other type of citrus again. Thank you for a great time & I look forward to receiving my fruit from Al's in the fall.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

My boys and I recently enjoyed a field trip to Al's with our homeschool group. I have to say it was one of the best field trips we have been on. It was obvious that the staff/tour guides really enjoy what they do and love educating others. We learned a ton! The tour was engaging and informative. We enjoyed samples and delicious homemade ice cream. We will most definitely be returning to Al's!!

Shari0, Guest Relations Manager at Al's Family Farms, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

So glad to hear that you will be returning to Al's! We're happy we could give your group a tour of our wash-line and historic citrus packinghouse and yes, we really do enjoy what we do here! Thanks for telling others about a fun family Florida thing to do, and we hope to see you again real soon.

Been to Al's Family Farms? Share your experiences!