“Amazing time with family and friends!”

Motorized Kayak Adventures
Ranked #1 of 30 Tours in Fort Pierce
More attraction details
Owner description: Motorized Kayak Tours! Enjoy a breath-taking guided three hour motorized kayak tour of part of Florida's Indian River Lagoon. With over 4000 species of plants and animals, it is the most diverse estuary in North America. Easy to use, our kayaks come with small pollution-free electric motors and a simple steering system that will allow you to relax and enjoy the scenic beauty of the lagoon’s wildlife.
San Angelo, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing time with family and friends!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2011

I was told about this thru family friends. I figured I would go ahead and go for a midnight tour. I didn't know what to expect and was a bit skeptical, but when I got there and started the journey it was absolutely mind blowing. I knew it was gonna be beautiful and all that jazz, but was not expecting it to be at such an intriguing level. Even if you are not sure if it is for you, try it, it will definitely remove any doubts you may have had. Once and a life time experience in the water.

Visited February 2011
1 Thank BraddRoberson

Port St. Lucie
“Great Trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2011

Did the Lagoon tip in August. It was a beautiful trip and we all enjoyed it. We own our own paddle kayaks but wanted to try something new and different. The mangrove tunnels were great and on the open water we saw a lot of birds. The motor was especially appreciated when going againt the current and wind. The guides were very nice and knew their way around the lagoon. Sun screen is a must and a hat is recommended. Owner provides only water so bring drinks and food/snacks. Overall great relaxing trip. Would recommend. Marge

Florida
“We have a lot of fun...it was a great experience...We recommend to all”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2011

It was a unique experience. Everyone enjoyed it. Even our teenagers said they have a lot of fun. Great summer trip.

Geneva, Florida, USA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The Real Florida few folks get to see”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2011

South Florida is about the only place in North America where you can kayak a sub-tropical mangrove forest, and the guys at Motorized Kayak Adventures in Ft. Pierce have found a way to make it accessible to more than just the hardcore adventurer. Their kayaks are equipped with really quiet battery-powered motors which they will show you how to use in a matter of minutes. These kayaks are extremely stable, so you don't have to be an experienced kayaker to enjoy this trip. It's a great adventure for a family or a bunch of friends who like to see nature up close. The trip starts with some careful and thorough instruction with emphasis on safety. Unlike some nature tours I've been on, the guys are really knowledgeable about the flora and fauna of these saltwater coastal forests. Once you're into the mangroves, you will see few if any other boaters. On the day I was out, soon after we launched we were cruising quietly over turtle and eel grass flats which serve as the spawning grounds for most saltwater gamefish, including the beautiful tarpon. And with the abundance of fish eggs and small fish, you are pretty much guaranteed some beautiful feeding egrets, herons, and even the amazing roseatte spoonbills. The day I went, I saw 5 or 6 night herons, 4 of the amazing pink spoonbills, and even 1 wood stork, among lots of other wading birds. Ospreys ("fish hawks") are abundant, and also keep your eyes open for bald eagles soaring overhead. You also have a good chance of seeing sea turtles, rays, and even a manatee or two, one of the latter of which drifted harmlessly almost under my kayak the day I went. Other highlights are the mysterious mangrove tunnels that wind through some of the islands and the "roosting" island that becomes a heron/egret rookery during nesting season. Finally, one of the best things about the trip is the personable and knowledgable guides whose enthusiasm for sharing the beauties of nature is really obvious. I think you'll agree that this is a 5 Star experience to write home about. BE SURE TO TAKE A CAMERA AND BINOCULARS IF YOU HAVE THEM.

1 Thank Gary M
Allentown, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Family Adventure!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2011

We took our kids 11 & 16 tandem (because they’re both wimps). We saw a manatee which swam underneath our kayak and surfaced between two kayaks an Amazing sight to see! This was very educational and a very informative trip. Take a camera because the pictures and videos turned out to be excellent. The Tour Guides were great! We will (and plan) to do this again while in Ft. Pierce.

1 Thank KPandDP