“New ownership has improved one of our favorite local eateries”
Review of Ramp Raw Bar & Diner - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Ramp Raw Bar & Diner
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Description: Small seafood restaurant located in a strip center on South Hutchinson Island.
Florida
“New ownership has improved one of our favorite local eateries”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

We have been a regular here for many years. My last review stated the obvious, good food but not so nice atmosphere. Atmosphere greatly improved, it actually quite clean now, new tables, paint, and new menu. The food is even better now since the new owner took over. We stopped coming here for a while cause it was getting so run down and dirty but now were back.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank jga37

Vero Beach, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Local Seafood Favorite”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Staff very nice and friendly. Very small restaurant and coney type of atmosphere, but the seafood is good, the clam chowder tasted old and on the sour side. Best seafood you can find here in Fort Pierce. But Hey it is Fort pierce........

Grimsby, United Kingdom
“Greasy and a tad overpriced”
Reviewed November 29, 2012

Had the NE chowder and beer battered fish and chips. My partner had chowder and BLT w/fries.

Chowder was chunky, although lacked any real flavor. Had much better elsewhere. Consistency was a little thin, and some of the clams were gritty/sandy.

Beer battered fish was extremely pappy, both the fish and batter. Not at all crispy - had the feel of donut dough. Good fish ought to be flaky with crunchy batter... this sort of 'flopped' when you picked it up. Subtle beer flavor every 3rd or 4th bite.

Fries were obviously frozen and not home-made, and very greasy. Sticking a fork in them yielded a pool of oil.

The BLT was fine - thick chunks of bacon.

The bill came to $30 with a tip. I thought that was a little steep for lunch (portions were on par with $6-8 lunch specials elsewhere).

Probably wouldn't return. Left feeling very greasy!

Atlanta, GA
“Newly renovated opening day”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Based on good reviews we ventured out to this shopping mall restaurant. We passed a descent steak place, Cowboys and the scenic Seafood place on the water. My husband and I had stopped @ Ramp while traveling to Miami so just had an overnight stay. We had skipped lunch and wanting an early meal. We checked into our hotel and hit the restaurant about 5pm. Friendly greeting from a tired staff worker who explained they had just opened that day, after a two week renovation. It was freshly painted. Not much of a visual treat but from prior reviews we expected less. No music, a tv in the kitchen area. Booths of high wood backs on either side of a narrow space. pleasant oil paintings anove the tables. Having a special diet with food allergys, I asked that spice be avoided in preparation for my meal. Waitress spoke with chef then approached us with concern that trace amounts could not be eliminated from the grill. So I assured her that I would be fine with trace amounts and noted their concern as a plus. My husband ordered the blackened combo of grilled snapper, shrimp and scallop. I had grilled with garlic butter and we both had grilled vegetables. To the only table we had to wait on beer refill. Hot water for tea never came. I had to get a bottled water from my car as they didn't have any and my condition cautions agains any tap water. ( at least I wasn't denied my own water) waitress explained she was tired and hadn't had a break was why we had to get her for a refill. Our $24 meal was just so so on my husband and really not tasty at all on mine. His chowder was very good. My fish was cold and dry. Shrimp was done well but cold. Scallops were tasteless, over cooked chewy and tough. Hope they get their "sea legs" here. Wouldn't recommend going out of your way here.

Rockville, MD
“Fun, friendly place.”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Although the food was good, I was disappointed by the size of the shrimp. I am used to "restaurant sized" shrimp. I did think the fried shrimp was done "just right" with not too much breading.

You certainly got a lot of food for the money. A great value!

The waitress was extremely patient with our group which included a 93 year old. I would definitely recommend it.

• Visited October 2012