“Newly renovated opening day”
Review of Ramp Raw Bar & Diner - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Ramp Raw Bar & Diner
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: Small seafood restaurant located in a strip center on South Hutchinson Island.
Atlanta, GA
“Newly renovated opening day”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Based on good reviews we ventured out to this shopping mall restaurant. We passed a descent steak place, Cowboys and the scenic Seafood place on the water. My husband and I had stopped @ Ramp while traveling to Miami so just had an overnight stay. We had skipped lunch and wanting an early meal. We checked into our hotel and hit the restaurant about 5pm. Friendly greeting from a tired staff worker who explained they had just opened that day, after a two week renovation. It was freshly painted. Not much of a visual treat but from prior reviews we expected less. No music, a tv in the kitchen area. Booths of high wood backs on either side of a narrow space. pleasant oil paintings anove the tables. Having a special diet with food allergys, I asked that spice be avoided in preparation for my meal. Waitress spoke with chef then approached us with concern that trace amounts could not be eliminated from the grill. So I assured her that I would be fine with trace amounts and noted their concern as a plus. My husband ordered the blackened combo of grilled snapper, shrimp and scallop. I had grilled with garlic butter and we both had grilled vegetables. To the only table we had to wait on beer refill. Hot water for tea never came. I had to get a bottled water from my car as they didn't have any and my condition cautions agains any tap water. ( at least I wasn't denied my own water) waitress explained she was tired and hadn't had a break was why we had to get her for a refill. Our $24 meal was just so so on my husband and really not tasty at all on mine. His chowder was very good. My fish was cold and dry. Shrimp was done well but cold. Scallops were tasteless, over cooked chewy and tough. Hope they get their "sea legs" here. Wouldn't recommend going out of your way here.

• Visited November 2012

Rockville, MD
“Fun, friendly place.”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Although the food was good, I was disappointed by the size of the shrimp. I am used to "restaurant sized" shrimp. I did think the fried shrimp was done "just right" with not too much breading.

You certainly got a lot of food for the money. A great value!

The waitress was extremely patient with our group which included a 93 year old. I would definitely recommend it.

• Visited October 2012
Manchester, Connecticut
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“"The Best Ever!"”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Great food and personable staff. If you're looking for posh surroundings and high priced foods, don't go to The Ramp! It's a nice, casual Florida setting with terrific food. I can honestly say I've never had a meal I didn't like there. Their clam chowder is by far the best I've ever had. It's a great place to go for a leisurely dinner with friends. Although it's small, we have never felt rushed or hurried.

• Visited July 2012
Fort Pierce, Florida
“Best kept secret in town!”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Fresh seafood served the way you want it! They serve the most delicious meals, have outstanding service and the coldest beers! Try the Rampchos for a great alternative to your average nachos.

• Visited October 2012
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“Great experience”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Hadn't been there in a while. And I will definately be coming back soon! Had the grouper melt Yumm!!! My Husband has the seafood pasta. Awesome! The service was excellent! We will definately be making this restaurant a regular dining spot!!

• Visited September 2012