“An Adventure” 4 of 5 bubbles

The S&S Takeout
Ranked #18 of 181 Restaurants in Fort Pierce
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Offering homemade soups, specials, cold case items and baked goods daily. All our items are made with real food ingredients! Delicious, eco-friendly, comfort food awaits you. Ready to go when you are, we look forward to serving you. We are proud to support local farmers!
Fort Pierce, Florida
“An Adventure”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

What I like about S&S is that the food is fresh and local. It's mainly a takeout that caters to downtown business people, but is a nice alternative to run of the mill kind of places.
There are a few tables if you want to eat in, but don't go expecting atmosphere. S&S is all about food, and the chef/owner's passion for food speaks volumes.
Another thing I appreciate is that prior to going I can find their menu, which changes daily, on Facebook. Everything I've tried there has been tasty, and fairly close to my own home cooking. I am a retired chef so I am not the easiest to please.
If you're in Fort Pierce, check this little place out, near the railroad tracks.

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank itsbygrayce

The Villages, Florida
“Great find!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

Based on other reviews on TripAdvisor, my husband and I recently used our GPS, wound our way into downtown Fort Pierce, FL, and went into the S&S Takeout. What a wonderful find! Upon entering the small establishment, the young man and woman behind the counter greeted us graciously and asked how they could help us. They pointed to their hand printed menu on a chalkboard. Everything looked delicious even though they said some of their offerings were taken down due to its being a Friday evening and at the end of the day.

My husband had the Shepard's Pie: two huge servings that even he had trouble eating. He declared it to be so good. I had an Italian dish whose name escapes me now; it was a mild white fish wrapped around a seasoned mixture, baked and with a sauce over it. The portions were most generous, the food was fresh, and we dined in. As we ate, we continued to "visit" with the couple, who were most kind in their conversations.

My regret is that their desserts were minimal due to almost closing time, so I didn't get anything. Wish I had tried something, though. I know it would have been a winner. So glad we went!

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank TN_Girl40
Gainesville, FL
“No longer best friend of vegetarians.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

Sad to say that S&S has scaled back their vegetarian entree options. They still consistently have hot soups/beans and rice/salad for the veg-heads, but we can make that at home.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful fresh homemade food and unbeatable service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

Great stop on the way from Miami/Fort Lauderdale to Orlando! Delicious! The food is made fresh daily. The quiche was incredible. The service was friendly and inviting. Perfect, really.

1 Thank SAReibling
Bluffton, SC
“Love this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

We read the other positive reviews on ta and decided to find it....it was sooooo good. My wife had the baked ziti, I had the black bean soup, a roast pork with a salsa verde....then dessert....banana bread with cranberries and walnuts, and my wife had the Carmel custard. Everything was excellent. And the bill came to $13. The place did have a good vibe....the two young folks who were taking care of us, were very friendly and let me have a sample of all the soups to see which one i liked best. There are a few tables, so you don't have to take out as the name may imply to some people. I wish fort pierce was closer to sc.

• Visited December 2012