“Not too shabby”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 29, 2014

After reading all of the rave reviews, we were somewhat disappointed. After waiting for about 45 minutes we were seated and a paper menu was given. My husband ordered a grouper sandwich, but the waitress said that grouper was not in season now. OK, this was a paper copied menu, easily changed from time to time, so no big deal. They were substituting flounder. Crunchy but tasteless and of course, flounder is thin and not as meaty as grouper. Cole slaw was much too heavy on the mayo. I ordered their daily special, swordfish with a pineapple type of garnish, rice and broccoli. The broccoli was fresh and not overcooked, the rice tasty, but the fish was not memorable and if the pineapple was not there, would have been pretty lame. We shared an amazing key lime pie though. It was frozen and fabulous.

It was awfully loud and things echoed. They need a few cushions, curtains or something to absorb the loudness.

2  Thank LindaVA1
Write a ReviewReviews (1,261)

Reviewed January 28, 2014

We regularly come to Ft. Pierce to visit family and have lunch at the same few places that they like. This time we suggested let us pick a place based on TripAdvisor top rated restaurants in town. 12A Buoy was a winner. The food was great and the service was snappy. Lisa did a great job of quickly explaining the menu and specials.

My aunt had the crispy tile fish, both my wife and cousin had the lobster club sandwiches which Lisa said they usually sell out of and I had a blackened dolphin sandwich and all were excellent. The fries and coleslaw were first rate as well. My cousin said she plans to introduce the rest of the family to 12A Buoy when they have their next family gathering in Ft. Pierce. We opted for outdoor dining which added to the overall experience.

I have used TripAdvisor extensively during this trip to Florida and haven't had one bad meal as a result.

Bill B.

3  Thank Bill B
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Great food, great atmosphere, great service. Wonderful fresh seafood. Went for both lunch and dinner while we were here on our last visit. Can't wait to get back!

2  Thank igdi11m
Reviewed January 26, 2014

The food was very yummy. They had a dock with pelicans that the youngest daughter enjoyed. The only problem was it was not very clean and smelled of rotting fish.It was very packed,and it was a small restraunt,only a couple tables. the food also took a long time. But is was actually worth it, the food was great.

1  Thank Ola G
Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

Cute place... My boyfriend and I sat outside- seemed WAY too loud inside because it's pretty small.

Despite the reviews saying anything about the wait time and even the menu saying that with the little kitchen they have that it might take a while, we got our food pretty fast!

Only negative thing I can say is that they were out of rock shrimp... Butttt they substituted with regular shrimp and it was delicious (the rock shrimp app w a sweet chili sauce)... If you like shrimp- it's a must have!

They were also out of the lobster salad for the sub we ordered... It was only 2:30pm so that was a disappointment. The tasty shrimp app made up for that alone though!

We also ordered the lobster Mac and cheese... SO. GOOD. The conch fritters were delicious... The conch sandwich my boyfriend got had a few tough pieces but good overall.

I'd go here again for sure. Loved it besides the few hiccups!

1  Thank SaraNicole77

Been to 12A Buoy? Share your experiences!