“A nice clean place to stay”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Pierce
Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Fort Pierce
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Sandwiched between I-95 and the FL Turnpike, this hotel has a very convenient location for road weary travellers. Desk assocaites were very efficient and polite. Room was clean and comfortable. Couple minor items; ceiling fixturein bath was inop, and getting cold water from the bathroom sink was impossible. Nearby are a few of the usual chain restaurants, though did not eat there. Downtown Ft. Pierce is about 5-6 miles to the east.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 26, 2012

This hotel has all the basics and is clean with a friendly environment and staff. Just off I-95 in a cluster of road hotel chains, this hotel is newer, nice clean rooms, with nice sized bathroom, and an efficient staff. Continental breakfast in the morning with standard fare. Would have liked a Sunday paper, but none to be found. Local food chains nearby like McDonalds, Wendy's, Arby's and Waffle House. Good in room internet access. No fuss, and free (upscale hotels should take notice). I was able to get a good internet rate, so the value was excellent. Easy access to both the Florida Turnpike and I-95. Noisy in room HVAC systems (old school outside wall mounted units). Good HD flat screen TVs (with actual HD transmitted channels).

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 25, 2012

I stayed at this property August 16-18 for a quick business trip to Fort Pierce from California. It was recommended by my colleague at Indian River State College, and she was absolutely spot on: the location was good for getting to the campus, and it was easily accessible from the West Palm Beach airport and to the campus. But it was also a good base from which to go to a few spots in West Palm Beach too. Because of flight delays, I got in 6 hours later than anticipated, so I'd called ahead to let the staff know; the staff person at the front desk was alert and helpful, the room was clean and comfortable, and he'd even asked about a wake-up call knowing I'd have to be on campus by 8:30 am. He also promptly handed me a cold water bottle free of charge since I'm a Marriott Rewards member.

The in-room coffee maker and coffee were essential five hours later when I had to get up. The complimentary breakfast the next morning was sufficient for my needs: from the selection that included a microwaveable spicy omelet, muffins and pastries, make-it-yourself waffle station, hard-boiled eggs, fruit, cold cereals, and bread and muffins, the hard-boiled egg and toasted muffin with cream cheese were perfect. The staff watched the coffee, hot water, and food and kept everything in adequate supply as people wandered in for breakfast. An interesting touch is that the apples were wrapped in saran-wrap to keep the edible exterior clean from others' hands as people chose their bananas or oranges.

Upon my return from the campus, when I checked with the staff at the front desk about my plans for dinner and a next-morning excursion before my flight home, they gave me a thumbs-up about the two places I had chosen based on TripAdvisor reviews but also gave me realistic expectations about how brief my stay at the Manatee Observation and Education Center might take at this time of year (see review of that separately). After I returned from my dinner at 12A Buoy (reviewed separately--it was good), I easily did check-in for my flight at their modest business center and printed out my boarding pass for the next day. And check-out the next day after breakfast was easy and efficient, too. That day, with more time, I had a waffle, and it was light and airy--quite filling, actually.

The room had the customary work station, wi-fi in the room was complimentary, the flat-screen TV and channels kept me informed about the weather and traffic, the AC worked well (essential this time of year), and the parking for my rental car was free. All of these amenities, the location, and the professionalism and courtesy of the staff make it a great choice for a business trip. Because of the shortness of the trip, I never tried out the pool or the workout facility, but both looked to be sufficient for a person's needs. If I have business again, I'd probably choose this hotel again since the price was great for what I got (even less expensive than the rental car I ended up with the section available at 11:30 pm at the airport).

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Dr_SJ
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I selected this hotel for a business trip I had to take to Vero Beach. I got a great deal on the hotel through my company travel site.
The hotel is very clean and well kept. The service was great. My only problem with this hotel is that they charged the wrong credit card for my stay. I will be going back to this hotel if I have to go to this area again but I will make certain that they charge the correct card before I leave the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I couldn't help but feel sorry for the town of Ft. Pierce, FL. The economy seems to have taken its toll on the city. We found many restaurants closed down throughout the city. It's too bad because the city has much to offer. This hotel was a very comfortable stay for us. Wasn't the nicest hotel I've ever stayed in, but it was more than adequate. I would stay here again if traveling through.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Stayed overnight while returning from Savannah with our son from Philadelphia. Stayed in a King suite so we would have some additional space for the three of us and better sleeping arrangements.

Bedroom is not completely separate. There is a privacy wall that goes halfway across the room, but not really very private due to the overall layout. Perhaps in other King Suites there is more privacy between the areas. Had to move table in the living area to the hallway so we could open the sofa bed and then had to be careful walking around it to get to the bathroom.

However, the room including the bathroom, was spotless, odor free, with everything in working order. Bed was very comfortable, and A/C worked well. Front desk staff was very friendly, and we were greeted warmly.

There was a family reunion of over 200 using the hotel the night we stayed there. Everyone we met was friendly and happy to be part of the reunion. Most of the family reunion group went to breakfast the next morning (8:30AM), at the same time. In the "cooking area" there were at least 3o+ people waiting for the waffle machine, needing coffee, or looking for some of the normal items. The air was smoky due to the constantly used waffle iron and burning bagels. Trash receptacles were overflowing and supplies were being depleted faster than the ONE attendant could refill them, if she was able to at all. She did her best to cope with the crowd and maintained a pleasant attitude while trying to fulfill every request. We gave up and went out for breakfast. We checked out shortly thereafter and there were two individuals at the front desk.

Knowing there was a large family group staying at the hotel and that they would probably look to have breakfast together, the management should have had additional staff in the dining area.

Other than the breakfast issue, the hotel was fine and for a night’s stay a good value.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Comfy clean modern suite, attentive staff, close walk to Red Lobster, will stay again & again

• Stayed: June 2012