“Clean as a whistle”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Gainesville, Florida
“Clean as a whistle”
Reviewed October 19, 2010

I stayed at the Fort Pierce La Quinta, between I-95 and the Florida Turnpike on 3 occasions between August and October 2010. The hotel is one of the larger LQ properties that I have frequented. It was immaculately clean. The rooms are reasonably spacious with a small refrigerator, flat-screen television, and free Internet. Routine breakfast is free between 6 and 9 AM. The cost is modest, in the $50 range, and less with a walk-in coupon when rooms are available. Discounts are available for AAA, seniors, others. The front desk was friendly and efficient.
I feel this La Quinta represents a better value than others in the chain.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank artful_listener

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
USA
Reviewed July 19, 2010

A good place to spend a night if you are stopping in Fort Pierce. Large comfortable room with wired and wireless internet access. A few mildew stains on wall tile grout in shower but a little chlorine bleach can fix that. Breakfast is standard LQ fare served in a pleasant seating area but only from 6-9AM, 7 days a week. Overall a good value for a decent hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
Gainesville FL
Reviewed June 1, 2010

We paid cash for the room and then learned that a $25 cash deposit was required, despite the fact that we are Returns members and LQ has all of our info on file. In the morning at checkout I was told that the room had to be physically inspected, presumably to count the washcloths, before the deposit could be returned. Incredibly insulting! The only chair in the room had stains on it which precluded actually sitting on the chair, and the bed was uncomfortable enough that we both had back aches in the morning. I was not pleased that the staff members spoke to each other in Spanish the entire time we checked in, particularly as I know just enough Spanish to understand that they were complaining bitterly about their jobs and having to work the night shift.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank akacratsin
england
Reviewed May 19, 2010

Stayed here for 1 night to break up the journey from Miami to Orlando. The hotel is situated about 15 mins drive from downtown Fort Pierce, there are a number of hotels/ restaurants in this vicinity just off the Florida Turnpike. The hotel is brand new and the staff are working hard to keep it looking that way. Very spacious room with two big beds, which were very comfortable, with nice linens. Huge flat screen tv, big fridge & micro. Only negatives: No disney channel :( No safe which was a bit odd. Used the laundry facilities here, $2 and could fit plenty of washing in! Front desk staff were very pleasant and quickly resolved a problem with the iron in our room. The hotel is in a peaceful location, it felt secure as everyone had to pass the front desk. Free wifi! overall, a great hotel. On departure staff asked me to rate the hotel a 10 which I do! (In Fort Pierce, check out the marina & the manatee observation centre, and the beaches)

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank rheebs
Walker, Minnesota
Reviewed March 26, 2010

Seems like a fairly new hotel and is being kept in good shape from what I could see. Hotel is a little off the beaten path but not hard to find.

Only two negatives to mention:

An ottoman in our room had staples or small nail brads sticking out of a couple of the edges. My wife found this out when she sliced her foot on it. Nothing major but enough so it bled.

The hotel is non-smoking but pets are allowed. I love animals but have a general problem with pets in hotels based on cleanliness and noise. I know some will take offense at this but I didn't pay to hear barking during the night or to end up with pet hair on my clothes. Having said that, I will say that this hotel seems to deal with the issue much better than most do.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Fruitport, Michigan
Reviewed March 2, 2010

We had never stayed at a La Quina before, but saw very reasonable Senior Rate online, so called as we traveled and reserved a room for the night. The young lady at the desk when we arrived on January 29, 2010, was most pleasant and helpful. The place was very clean and we were impressed with the beautiful lobby filled with Japanese decor, and the pretty breakfast room. Lovely! Our room was a nice size, pleasantly decorated and very clean. It was a sunny day, so we enjoyed the pool for an hour or so. The pool is thoughtfully placed outside to the west of the hotel so you can enjoy the sun in the afternoon. It was a great start to our Florida vacation. We are on our way home now and have stayed on many hotels since the end of January. This La Quinta Inn was by far the prettiest place, excellent service and best value. Highly recommend!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Goshen, Indiana
Reviewed February 28, 2010

We decided to take a quick trip to Florida to see some sun and get away from the snow. We chose this hotel based on the previous reviews and were not disappointed. The hotel is located on the west side of Ft. Pierce between the Turnpike and I95, but is only about 30 minutes from the beaches and golf courses. There are several empty business buildings in the area but the hotel is in a nice quiet spot off the highway and many great restaurants are close by.

The entire hotel is very clean and the staff was wonderful. The rooms were insulated well enough that we did not hear our neighbors. We would definitely stay there again! In fact, due to a mechanical problem our flight was canceled and we were put up in a Hilton Garden by the airport. The rooms had the exact same layout but their bathroom was smaller and it was $60 more (the bed was softer)! There is a small but adequate fitness room and a beautiful outdoor pool with lounge chairs and tables. The business center has two computers but one is very old and very slow. There is wifi in the rooms and my husband had few problems with his laptop.

We stayed in Room 103 which had a king size bed, microwave oven, decent sized fridge (I put a gallon of water in ours with room to spare), a desk with chair and a side chair with ottoman - that being said there was plenty of room. The only downside to the room was the bed was so hard it felt like a table top! Since we were there for six days by the end of our stay both my husband and I had back aches. The breakfasts were decent - I've had worse, I've had better, but often the hot food - bacon, sausage, gravy, eggs, etc. were not very hot. We would take the food back to our room and warm it up in the microwave.

We would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple