“Horrible”

GreenLeadersBronze level
34698, United States
“Horrible”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Room was clean but the grounds SUCKED! broken beer bottle glass on the pool deck and weeds growing every place it looked unkempt and that the employees couldn't care less. The breakfast was horrid and I am not picky but this was horrible! I will not EVER EVER go back again! I own property in the area that I have to check on and I would rather sleep in my car than here again!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Key West, Florida
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Average..best explains everything about this hotel. The pros - pet friendly and the front desk associate(s) are quick and efficient. The cons - breakfast of over at 9AM even on the weekends. These are days to sleep in - at least extend to 10AM. The food and choices are not worth the early wake up. The breakfast room was always crowed and items ran out quickly. The availablity of tables are marginal at best with everyone attempting to beat the 9AM cut-off. Rooms were OK but nothing special. The cleaning staff spoke no English so we made due with my poor Spanish and alot of pointing.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed April 5, 2014

The Hotel was Clean, New Comfortable and a Good Value, Location was Convenient to I-95, and food, the beds were large and firm yet comfy. , Overall a great Value. Good spot to stop Travelling<I would recommernt it.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank michaelpH6112WK
Ft Pierce, United States
Reviewed April 1, 2014

They refused to honor reservation from the LaQuinta website. No explination just sorry those rooms are booked, having conformation on website did not help. Rooms are nice but do not trust reservations made

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Saint Augustine Beach, Florida
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I will start with the positives. We travel quite a bit and stayed in a motel or hotel 63 nights last year. We choose La Quinta when one is available because they generally provide a very nice, clean room, a decent breakfast, and efficient friendly service at a good price. They also universally accept pets and we travel with our dogs. I also require handicap accessibility and La Quinta provides convenient accessible rooms. The Fort Pierce La Quinta is relatively new. The rooms are spacious, well appointed and very clean. The location is just off of I 95 and near several restaurants. The area is very quiet, as was our room, and there are good places to walk dogs if you are traveling with one. One comment on handicapped accessibility is in order. The website for the Inn indicates walk-in showers. These may exist in some of the accessible rooms, but not the one we were given. I can get in and out of a tub shower, but for those who can't make sure you talk with the desk when you make the reservation.

The prices vary substantially depending on the season and demand. We had to be in the Ft. Pierce area for a funeral and had no option as to date so we paid more than $140 a night over a weekend. That is pretty high for a La Quinta regardless of location and is certainly high for one near a town like Ft. Pierce by which I mean one that is not a tourist destination.

The service rates a 1 and that's being generous. There was no one at the desk when I came to check in and when someone did appear they were arrogant to the point I felt like they were doing me favor letting me stay. There was also no one in evidence when I checked out. After about 10 minutes a clerk came down the hall. She was very friendly, but I have the sense that they don't have enough staff. The maid's do a good job, but if you are staying more than one night and need the room made up before 3 o'clock make sure you check back to ensure your request is being acted on. We had the same problems with breakfast that are noted in other reviews. The room has too few chairs and the breakfast bar is not maintained in a timely manner. For example, the first morning we ate breakfast we were there for about 30 minutes but the fruit, eggs and juice was not replaced during that period, although it was only 8 o'clock.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ml W
blessedwife1
Reviewed March 25, 2014

This hotel needs some serious management. The room had a musty smell and they allow pets which totally turned me off but I got passed that. The hotel we would have stayed in was full and we were really tired from driving. The rate was 148.00 a night which was ridiculous! The worst thing I hated was there was absolutely no management on the premises so if you had a problem you are SOL! The breakfast was only served until 9 am and was empty when we got there at 8:10am. There were many people who came after us and the food was already scarce and cold if you were lucky to get anything that was supposed to be hot. But the most frustrating thing of all was there are only 2 chairs at every table and there were people having to sit on the couches in the foyer to eat. It was awful. I was lucky to get a tiny discount but not much considering the rate was high to begin with. They said the management would contact me but I'm not holding my breathe. The staff said the management manages other places so I got the impression that the management was just taking the money and running without fixing any problems. They let the woman at the counter take all the problems. I will never stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family