“Would stay again but for a lower price.”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft. Pierce
Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Fort Pierce
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 2, 2014

We booked our room online and received a phone call the day of asking if we wanted an early or late check-in. My husband asked how early could we check- in the lady answered his question with "Okay, we'll see you then." Being confused and not wanting to deal with it we decided to spent the day at the beach (only 30 minutes from the hotel btw) until we could check in.

The hotel seem pretty nice at check-in; it smelled and looked clean. The staff was friendly but not very informative. (We were only told where the elevator was, no check out time, not when breakfast started.They didn't even offer us a crib for our 4 month old son.)

Our room needed some work. There were a few stains on the carpet (kind of looked like someone dropped a hot iron on it), a hole in the top sheets, a small amount of mold on the bottom corner of the shower curtain, none of the trash cans had liners, the couch and chair in the room both looked like they had seen better days (the chair was lopsided and the couch look as if someone sat in it for a week straight), the WiFi didn't reach our 4th floor room (we got better signal from the gas station next door) and the linens were a little to rough for my liking.

Other than that the room was clean and a pretty good size. The ac and mini-fridge were ice cold, the shower had hot water and good water pressure and the beds were pretty comfortable.

I would have expected the room to be nicer for the price we paid. We would stay again it the price was lower but we'd definitely stay somewhere else for the price it is now.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed February 25, 2014

Tried to check in tonight using a coupon from the coupon books you get at the state welcome centers. The girl at the desk said they had rooms but wouldn't honor the coupon as they had less than ten rooms left. I have a La Quinta "valued customer" membership card but apparently that means nothing as they quoted us $149 a night. We passed and went five minutes down the road to a Best Western where we got a really nice room for less than half the La Quinta rate. I sent La Quinta an e-mail saying they could put the membership where the sun doesn't shine and we'll look elsewhere during the rest of our two week stay in Florida. Thanks for nothing.

Room Tip: I wouldn't bother.
1  Thank Boone8
Reviewed February 22, 2014

This place didn't seem bad at first, but throughout our four day stay, the little annoyances really started adding up. I guess I will list the positives first-the rooms were relatively clean and a good size. it has a laundry facility for guests-very useful. (Though, please note the dryer is terrible, so if you do more than 3 pieces of laundry, you will probably have to put them through 2 two dollar cycles to get it dry.) The location is pretty good, right near I-95 and convenient to pretty much anything you would need. We booked our room through hotwire, so the price was excellent. Given the price we paid, I probably would have given the hotel three stars. However, the hotel regularly charges well over 100 dollars per night, and is somehow classified as 3 stars. This hotel is 2.5 stars on a good day. The bed was uncomfortable, the internet was wired, our key would randomly stop working, and the staff was disinterested at best and surly at worst. The breakfast was pretty chincy, particularly by Thursday or Friday, when they started running out of items and did not restock. Oh yes, and if you stay there, be prepared to have to walk a good distance to get to your car. This hotel apparently draws a large trucker population. If they parked in the back, I wouldn't mind, but there were several instances where a large truck was blocking 6-12 parking spaces near the front of a not so large lot. Ultimately, it wasn't the worst place I ever stayed, but I would not recommend it. If price is a huge issue for you, you could do worse, but don't go in expecting a 3 star hotel. I would imagine there are several hotels in the area that you can book for a comparable price and have a better experience.

Room Tip: Stay on the first floor, you'll be able to access the lobby wifi and won't have to worry abo...
1  Thank Bethany G
Reviewed February 19, 2014

We were on the 3rd floor in a standard room and it was clean with very comfortable beds and nice linens. The bathroom was roomy with the standard amenities, and the towels were plush and clean. Our room had a fridge (no freezer compartment) & micro, but like everyone else has said, the WiFi was extremely limited- you had to sit directly in front of the check-in desk to get reception! Even in their business room, there was no WiFi. The pool was outside (unheated) and although pretty, the water was too cold to swim in. There was no whirlpool like many other Laquinta's we've stayed at. The fitness room was limited to a few cardio machines. Breakfast was very good- cold cereals, scramble eggs, waffles, fruit, etc. and served 6 - 9. The time is way too early for people like us on vacation, and obviously is intended to primarily serve the business travelers. We appreciated that there was only one entrance to the hotel, but several exits, to provide security. If you stay here, visit the Fort Pierce Farmer's Market on Saturday 8 - 12 on the waterfront. Very Nice. Also, if you are a dog lover, check out Walton Rock's Dog Beach on Hutchinson Island. The 20 mile drive is well worth it.

A La Quinta traveler
Tarpon Springs, Florida
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed February 17, 2014

From the outside, lobby and halls, this hotel looks great. Once you get by the front desk (which is ok unless it is smoke break time and then you have to go searching for a front desk person)things go downhill quickly. We booked two rooms. Once in the rooms, there are doggie dodo spots on the carpet, the heater didn't work, the internet was locked up and didn't work and in the other room, the toilet didn't work. After we found the front desk person, we were told that maintenance was gone and would be back on Monday (This was late Friday night). Also there were no other rooms available nor would they adjust the room rate. As far as the doggie doo was concerned, they completely ignored that problem (after all, they are a pet friendly hotel). I noticed the other guests would let their dogs do their thing and just walk away. The breakfast was typical prepared food stuffs that were lukewarm if and when they weren't empty/completely out of the item. The breakfast area had 15 chairs (chairs not tables) for the entire hotel. In my opinion, this La Quinta has a serious management (or lack thereof) problem and could have some training in guest relations. All the hotels in the area were booked this weekend but I would now suggest you might be better off driving down the freeway a little farther.

Room Tip: Your best bet is to try other hotels in the area or go further down the freeway. If you stay there...
Reviewed February 15, 2014

I booked two rooms for this hotel online and got a pretty fair nightly rate. This hotel is not listed on bookings.com so go directly to the La Quinta website to make a reservation. I did not know what to expect, although most of the previous reviews were complimentary so that is why I took the chance.

To begin with, the hotel is off the main busy highway roads and set back in a very quiet area. That is a plus as many of the hotels for travelers on I-95 are directly on the main exit road. The hotel is within walking distance to the Cracker Barrel, which is a great place for breakfast. The hotel also serves a free breakfast between the hours of 6-9am. Would have been nice if the hours were a little later but we didn't eat here anyways.

The check-in was fast with no issues. The main lobby was clean, nicely decorated and gave the appearance of a well-maintained and safe hotel. Our room was on the 5th floor, which is the top floor and had a nice size refrigerator and microwave. We had two double beds and a large bathroom. The beds were comfortable, very clean and no sign of bed bugs. Does that sound strange. Well, I travel a lot and always check now because I stayed at a Super 8 in the past where I got bites all over my arms and neck. It is not pleasant to get these bites and have to go to the dermatologist.

Anyways, our room was great and my son's room was even nicer. I reserved he and his wife a king size bed and sleeper and it was like a small suite. The same price as mine but much more roomier.

When we checked in, the place seemed deserted. But in the evening the parking lot was filled to the max and full of semi's. The problem with the truckers is that they park and take over much of the close parking. We still had a parking place but not sure why that was allowed.

Overall, this is a very nice place-quiet, clean and comfortable. If you can get a good rate, you have it made in the Ft Pierce area. Ok, now this is the part of the review where I was somewhat upset. Let me first say that I had no problem with WIFI to address the other reviews left about the internet. I have an ipad and got on the internet right away and never lost the connection.

But as my husband and I were leaving the room to check out, we got in the elevator to go to the lobby. We press the floor button and nothing happened. It did not move and we could not get the door open. There is some sort of a call button inside but it did not seem to work. There was no way to notify the front desk. I was able to call my son on his cellphone to alert him. Sometime later, the lights went out in the elevator and we heard the desk clerk on the other side of the door, trying to open the door. She had not idea what she was doing so she said would call the Fire Dept. Yes, well to me, that should have been her first move made to get us out. Within 10 minutes the FD arrived and it took some time to open the door. After about 40 minutes, they got the door open and we were out. The FD was great but the hotel staff was so-so. The FD asked us if we were ok but the hotel staff was very nonchalant about the whole ordeal. This is me but I thought it would have been accommodating and apologetic if they had offered us some sort of compensation or discount.- especially when I found from the FD that another family got locked in the elevator the previous week. This was a repeat call for them.

What can I say except this whole ordeal put a damper on my opinion of the hotel. As far as elevator safety is concerned, they should get it together. The place is clean and accommodating but they should address this issues immediately.

Room Tip: Stay on first floor and reserve a room with a king size bed