“nice place but bed not great”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft. Pierce
Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Fort Pierce
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 27, 2013

hotel was nice and clean ,didnt like the bed ,not as good as it looked .overall very nice place .it is in the middle of nowhere but the place is very nice .looks fairly new.not alot of places to eat ,we ate at red lobster and prices were sky high and long wait .not a reflection on hotel at all but be advised

Room Tip: ask for first floor
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft. Pierce

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Had a nice stay at this LQ property. Friendly, helpful staff. Nice sized suite. Clean and comfortable. There were a lot of dogs there. Not sure what was going on, but I've never seen that many dogs at a La Quinta before. LQ is one of the few hotel chains that allows pets. I love dogs, but if you have allergies or are bothered by that, consider it before booking. WiFi didn't work in the room. 3 others traveling with me had the same issue in their rooms. Thankfully they have LAN cable in the room which worked just fine. If you are on an iPad you will be S.O.L. Standard breakfast bar. Waffle iron, fake eggs and cereal. Small fitness room. Good internet rate. Overall a very good stay.

Room Tip: Ask about pet free room if you have dog allergies.
Reviewed February 20, 2013

A TripAdvisor Member
Tampa, Florida, USA
Reviewed February 20, 2013

The location is a little weird but really convenient to gas, and food. The hotel was really clean, modern and the rooms were really nice. I always try to stay at LaQuinta for the rewards and I'm never disappointed in my room or service.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

this is a very nice and clean hotel that is dog friendly. however, it was farther away for beaches than i expected. there are no good dog beaches anywhere around and we ended up taking our dog out where we weren't really supposed to. an older couple gave us permission to stay on the part of the beach that was right in front of their condo. we did a lot of driving while staying at this la quinta, but that was our fault. the room was excellent and the rates were fair. all indoor access so bailey had to ride the elevator.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Nicely appointed hotel. The staff were very helpful, the rooms very modern and our room appeared clean.

I do have a couple of minor complaints:

Sheets with Holes

The bottom fitted sheet had a thinned out areas one bigger and one smaller that were just threads. I noticed it before I even pulled back the bed, but did not want to complain as we had come in at 9pm and it was only one night. Well, during the night my finger got caught in the larger of the areas which kind of freaked me out a bit, as I tussled to remove it in the dark, and still half asleep.

House keeping should not put any sheet on a bed if it has a worn or thread bare. The areas were clearly in view, so I'm not sure how housekeeping did not see it. As the bed is the main component of staying in a hotel, something this blatant should not be ignored as it effects my perspective & judgment of this particular La Quinta.

The beds themselves were very firm with just a mattress on a platform which is actually fine for me because I have a bad back, but if you like a softer bed than this might not be the place for you.

PETS
This hotel allows pets....and when I mean pets I mean giant dogs and dogs of all sizes. There were labs, St. Bernards, and more.

I'm not sure which or if all rooms are pet rooms, but I personally have allergies and would ask if you have allergies before staying here. My husband checked in so I'm not sure if they asked him if we wanted a room that was a pet room, but I am deathly allergic to cats, and this could have been a big problem for me. Also, how do you know who puts on flea or tick medicine or baths their pets? You could have flea and tick bites if you have someone who neglects this. I'm sure they are not steam cleaning every room that has pets, so this is a concern for me returning to this location.Maybe the holes in the sheets were from pets sleeping, and scratching in the beds?

Anyway, If you have pets it is a very nice place to stay, and If you have pet allergies ask for a pet free room if they have them.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Stayed overnight at the la Quinta inn in Fort pierce with our golden retriever in December of 2012 and were very pleased.

Not only was the room was spacious and well decorated, but it came with a mini refrigerator and microwave which always comes in handy when eating on the road.

There are a wide variety of restaurants within walking distance and gas stations nearby to fill up on your way out the next morning.

For those of you without your own computer, there is a business center located on the ground floor for guests to use. A nice breakfast is included but because we were leaving very early we did not get a chance to fully enjoy it. We were able to get some coffee and that was very much appreciated.

One of the reasons we chose this hotel was because it was pet friendly. Our dog was made to feel like a guest just as much as we were and that was really nice to see.

We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple