“Five stars! Great hotel & dog friendly!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft. Pierce
Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Fort Pierce
GreenLeadersBronze level
Plantation, Florida
“Five stars! Great hotel & dog friendly!”
Reviewed December 11, 2011

Very nice hotel! It is not often you find a dog friendly hotel like this one. Desk clerk was very friendly and competent. The room couldn't have been nicer. It had the feel and look of an upscale hotel room. It was clean, very pretty and well-appointed. The beds were extremely comfortable. The fact that they allowed our two big dogs was a real plus.

MAny times we've stayed at hotels where you can hear noise coming from the rooms next door or from the hallway in the early morning hours, when some people are checking out and we heard nothing at all, so we got a very good nights sleep.

I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Starrchar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Reviewed November 18, 2011

6th day here and Internet has been down three separate days.

No garbage bags in garbage cans.

Beds are very stiff.

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank Nuke123
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 4, 2011

I was visiting Fort pierce for a family event. A really reasonable group rate was arranged in advance. i thought the room was nice, clean and everything i needed. It even had a free breakfast. I stay there again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank 128Mary
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed October 23, 2011

I stayed at the La Quinta Inn and Suites in Fort Pierce Florida during October 2011 and all I can say is your money is much better spent elsewhere. The "free" morning breakfast was horrid, the doors slammed so loudly in the hallway that the walls shook, the noise from the frat boys coming in drunk at 2 am and small children being allowed to run up and down the halls at all hours was unbelievable!! I was afraid to let anyone clean my room while I was not there because I had a laptop stolen in the past and of course the hotel never claims responsibility. When I asked that housekeeping only come in to clean when I was there, I received a nasty voice message from one of the desk clerks telling me I had to let someone in to clean my room. I told them they were more than welcome to come in at any time to check the room but that I did not want them in there cleaning while I was not there. When I arrived back to my room that evening, the desk clerk had deactivated my cards so I could not get into my room....and no they weren't deactivated by my cell phone since neither were anywhere near it all day. After working 14 hours, I really was in no mood to come home to that. I went down to the front desk and explained why I didn't want anyone in the room while I was not there and the front desk clerk informed me it was not a problem and they would make an exception. When I checked out, I made sure the room was clean, I wiped down the shower and the sink, I wiped off the furniture and left everything very neat and tidy as I always do when I leave. Two hours after check out I received a voicemail message from the desk clerk telling me she had charged my card an additional $150 since I had a pet in the room and it would cost that to "clean the comforter" where the pet hair was found. I explained I did not have an animal with me and that she had no right to charge my card for anything since I had not signed anything giving her authorization to do so, either at check in or out. She told me she would have her manager give me call and he never did. I called back several times since I was told he would be "in and out". She called back a short time later and informed me she would reverse the charge to my card and that they would "pursue other measures to be compensated for the damages". I asked her "what damages?" since the room was in good condition when I left. She informed me that "housekeeping" had taken pictures of the animal hair on the bed and when asked if I could be sent a copy to see what she was talking about, I was abruptly told "no". I stated once again that they could not charge my card without my permission and that there was no damage to the room and again asked to speak to the manager. I was again told she would "give him the message". I finally got fed up and contacted the corporate office to file a complaint. Shortly thereafter, I received a very nasty call from the general manager who informed me very rudely that he had reversed the charge to my account. When I explained that they had charged not only $150 but two additional $150 charges against my account, he told me that is the way all of the vendors do. I explained that is not the way things are done and according to the corporate office, they should not have done what they did either. He would not let me speak and kept interrupting during the entire conversation. He slipped up and told me he had heard all of the conversations that I had with his desk clerk (even though he supposedly was not at the hotel) and then quickly recanted and said that they had all been recorded. I told him very good since he needed to see the attitude his desk clerk had with customers. He became irrate and informed me we had nothing more to discuss and hung up the phone on me. I filed an additional complaint about his behavior with the corporate office and plan to follow up with them this week. I have never had an issue in the two years of traveling with being told my room required additional cleaning and this certainly would have been no exception. I have never been treated so rudely and unprofessionally by anyone in my entire life and I have been speaking with my attorney to see what he can do to ensure this nonsense doesn't happen to anyone else. There are many nice places to stay in this area and I can assure you that while this hotel may "appear" nice in the pictures, it is honestly not worth the money nor the hassle of having someone illegally place charges to your card and making up some nonsense reason for doing so.....not only illegal but unethical. A truly pathetic way of doing business!! I know times are hard, but when a business deliberately makes up nonsense to charge its customers for things that are not warranted and then has the audacity to treat them so unprofessionally when they complain, something needs to be done. I am hopeful that the corporate office will remedy the situation, but with this being an individually owned franchise, I am not quite sure what if anything they can actually do to make sure this doesn't happen to anyone else.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else if you don't want unauthorized charges to your credit card!!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
8 Thank deacaro
Tarpon Springs, Florida
Reviewed October 18, 2011

I was not familiar with this area of Floria. We were in the area for an event with our dog. They were dog friendly, the price was right, and the place is brand new and very clean. Free breakfast, as well, and right off 95.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Melbourne, Florida
Reviewed October 13, 2011

We stayed at this location over the last past weekend for 2 nights and checked out on Sunday. The front desk staff was great I loved that everytime we passed by them they always greeted us and smiled made us feel welcomed.
I would reccomend anyone to stay at this hotel rooms are nice and clean. I was surprised of how many breakfast item choices there were including Hot Breakfast I will definatly stay there again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Clarisse0000
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 23, 2011

I spent almost a month in St. Lucie County FL in 2010 and stayed the entire time (three different trips) at La Quinta in Ft. Pierce FL. The location is great, less than a mile from FL turnpike and I95. The accommodations were great, the swimming pool was always clean and refreshing. The rooms were clean and service was top notch. It is a very affordable facility and I would recommend this location!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business