“A pleasant experience for our first B&B”
Review of Mellon Patch Inn

Mellon Patch Inn
Ranked #1 of 6 Fort Pierce B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 12, 2011

My husband and I where visiting realitives this Feb and had the pleaure of our first B&B. My sister in law had made the arrangements and although we arrived later then expected she had the key. We let ourselves into a lovely open common room. So delightfully decorated with Floridian colors. As it was late we saw no other people although ther were cars in the yard. We let ourselves into a very large room with a oversized king bed (so comfortable!!!) and a hugh bath. The next morning Kathy was there cooking our breakfast we enjoyed a delightful conversation with her, some friends of her's and the other guest. The breakfast was wonderful. Perfectly cooked. Although I have to say I enjoyed the secpnd mornings breakfast (eggs Benedict) even more. My Husband and I stay 3 nights one as delightful as the other. I would recomend to friends and family

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Salis43
There are newer reviews for Mellon Patch Inn

Reviewed February 5, 2011

again another AWESOME ADVENTURE with our Canadian Family!! SO BLESSED to have the opportunity to stay at the MELLON PATCH; Gods little piece of Heaven on EARTH

CATHY and BUDD are the BEST!! its an honor to know them

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank sisbe
Reviewed February 1, 2011

We could not have had a more wonderful trip. The rooms, decorations, everything was perfect. The friendly conversation was worth and extra fee. Outstanding place to visit. Just kick back, put your feet up and let the world pass you by!
We will be reccomending and returning in the near future!
Thanks for a wonderful time Mellon Patch

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AnthonyKentucky
Reviewed September 12, 2010

When you have to work at being friendly, running a bed and breakfast is probably not the best business choice. Cathy, the owner, is gruff.

We were promised a level of service that was not delivered.

Beds were OK but breakfast was uneatable. No coffee, nothing, until Cathy shows after 9:00 am. Based on the low quality offering it would have been better if she had just stayed away.

Our party was catered, at extra cost, and the staff was seen eating our food and drinking our alcohol. Unbelievable.

I DO NOT recommend the Mellon Patch Inn. Two thumbs down.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank Fr8r1
mellonpatch, Owner at Mellon Patch Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2011

Mary Lynn did not stay at the Inn. Her brother in law had two servings of Breakfast. Her neice finially came out at 2:00 a.m. and asked her aunt to tone it down her baby had just woke up.

I am sure people you will be able to read between the lines.

Reviewed April 23, 2010

The Melon Patch was everything I was hoping for and more. The location was perfect...within a few minutes walking to the beautiful, pristine beach and trails to walk, jog, or ride your bikes on. Kathy and Bud the owners, made us feel so welcome that it felt like we were vacationing with good friends. We didn't feel confined to our room, Kathy made it clear that we should feel at home by giving us complete access to kitchen, dining room, or even the canoes for a ride in the bay. Our rooms were outstanding, from the beautiful decorative touches to the bathroom I'd love to take home with me. The Melon Patch was the last stop on our vacation and definitely the best. If I vacation again on the east coast of Florida I know that it would be foolish to stay anywhere other than the Melon Patch. Bob and Karen

• Stayed: April 2010
Reviewed February 22, 2010

Our family stayed for the weekend. Things that we were told in the beginning never happened they changed the rules as they went along. They said too much about their lives and talked about money problems. Cathy also replied that she was not happy with serving people anymore. That was written all over her face when we were there. She was very RUDE!! It's ashame because the house is beautiful and very clean but they were not pleasant. Make sure that when you come to this Bed & Breakfast you have a written contract so that she does not change things as she goes along. She will change in a second.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
mellonpatch, owner at Mellon Patch Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2010

the person writing this review was the problem with her children. She started out calling to inquire about stereo equipment to have a party at the BNB for her boyfriends parents. She was told there was none and I was unaware of any party scheduled.

The parents of her boyfriend had reserved a few rooms for family coming in for their anniversary. They were told there were other guest staying at the inn.

Upon check in the mother added her son and his girlfriend Nicole and there kids asked for cots. I accommodated however was very explecite that no teenagers were allowed on the North side where the other guest were staying. That evening the entire family with several others took over my inn including the kitchen and dining area.

One ofthe boys tried to enter the other guest rooms. The family was downstairs drinking and oblivious as to what the kids were doing. At 10:00 I finially ended the party.

The next evening Nicole proceeds to eneter my kitchen without asking or my knowledge and started preparing seafood and dinner for the famil. I was in the middle of preparing food for a wedding I had the following day. Which the family was aware of prior to booking. They again had all the family memers over and had a drunken party.

Nicole and her boyfriend become intoxicated spilling red wine all over the outside patio where I was setting up for the wedding. Her and her daughter had a confortation outside and her boyfriend had a arguement with his son and his son went across the street and was pulled over by the police for sleeping in his truck.

Again at 10:30 they were getting louder and in the great room area so I called the party which is when Nicole and her boyfriend became angry due to the alcohol consumption.

The next day was suppose to be the day of the celebration of his parents anniversary. They had a part planned at his parents condo. They were all back to the inn by 9:00.
I wanted to ask why so early because the condo people would have called the law?

The other family staying here apologozed on many occassions for their brother and his girlfriend. They said they told him they would have been kicked out ifthey were staying a a Holiday Inn and a BNB is suppose to be quiet and restfull.

Nicole's children trashed the room broke the window treatments and they left to go to the beach not checking out until after 3:00. Check out is at 11:00 they knew this so we were unable to clean the room.

They ere suppose to sleep here not have a drunken party. My other guest thank goodness are guest that have stayed with us for 5 years so they know tis is not the normal of our inn.

I hope people can read between the lines and see this is all due to immature self centering selfish guest. Obvioulsly ones tat have never stayed at a BNB. They are not classy enough.

The other couple that was staying here contacted me to say they wrote a review to tell their side and it has never been posted????

Reviewed December 2, 2009

Had my daughter's wedding and reception here. The place is beautiful. Cathy, the owner was very accommodating and instrumental in arranging everything. Food was excellent. I would recommend the Mellon Patch to anyone who needs a place for an event or just a weekend away.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple
Courtyard Hutchinson Island Oceanside/Jensen Beach
Dockside Inn & Resort
Dockside Inn & Resort
#7 of 24 in Fort Pierce

Been to Mellon Patch Inn? Share your experiences!