“No evolving here”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed June 28, 2013

As a customer off and on with Dales for about 50 years, I need to state that this is not St Louis, Kansas City, Carolina, or Texas Bar B Que. This is Fort Pierce Bar B Que like no other place on earth. There are two Dales locations and the two owners do not speak with each other (long story) and it is amazing how similar the two sister locations are. However, the West location has evolved little in 50 years.

There is only a choice of two sauces (the South location has added more) and forget about substituting beans for cole slaw at the West location (you can at the South location). They offer two sandwich specials at lunch time, one with drink and fries and one without drink, but with chips. Forget about substituting chips for fries. There is no pulled pork or beef (it is all sliced) and the sliced beef is not brisket. The only change in 50 years is that they offer a "St Louis baby back" rib dinner. Oh yes...they now offer a sirloin steak instead of a "Delmonico steak".

Dales has lasted the test of time and should be tried for its uniqueness. I like Texas bar b que better, but as a part time Texan, I do enjoy the uniqueness of the bar b que at Dales several times a year.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Place was packed you I was expecting something special. Bar B Q was good but nothing special. Fries were tasty. Price was right. But BBQ beans had a mustard base which is not a favorite of mine. Small, noisy place

Reviewed April 27, 2013

We lived in Denver for 20 years, always had to go to Dales when we visited. Took back their BBQ sauce as well. Now we live in Fort Pierce and wouldn't be without their sauce. Their Cole slaw is special, I buy it for all my BBQ's. My favorite is the pork sandwich.

1  Thank Sue_Dannahower
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Phenomenal lunch special (sandwich, fries, iced tea, and small slaw). Very good pork and beef. Vinegar based sauce with a good tangy kick, not your kansas city sweet sauce in the least. Well worth driving from the interstate exits (10 min at most) and a must if you are visiting Fort Pierce.

1  Thank Cody H
Reviewed March 28, 2013

One of our dear friends introduced us to the restaurant. I dont eat much pork so you may really appreciate this review. I believe they have the best BBQ in the area. And one of the best pull pork sandwiches. There ice tea is the best around. In fact, it the best and consistent ever. I drink a lot of tea and there's is second to none. I gave it a very good only because the other items are good but not the best I ever had. HOWEVER, I ALWAYS STOP IN THIS RESTAURANT TO EAT EVERY TIME I AM IN THE AREA.