Just got back from 9 days at the Diamondhead Beach Resort. Hotel was clean, staff was friendly and courteous and very accommodating. The beach area is nice and just steps from the rooms.
The beach bar and grill (cabanas): food not very tasty, bland and service was pretty poor.
Chloes: Dinner was excellent and service was great, however, breakfast there was quite different. I don't know what kind of breakfast sausage they use, but I have never tasted anything so bad in my life. I took breakfast to go up to the room for my husband and he asked why the sausage tasted so terrible, so I know it wasn't just me. there was quite a difference in quality and service between breakfast and dinner at Chloes.
We used Holiday Watersports located at Diamonhead and they were fantastic. Kelly who runs the booth and the boys who work there were wonderful every day.
We had a beachfront suite (#409) and the view was terrific. However, I don't think there is a single suite at Diamonhead where you can't view the Gulf. Sooooo, don't know if it was worth it, price wise, to upgrade to an ocean view. No matter where you are, you have a good view.
Housekeeping was wonderful, efficient and timely. Upon arriving in our suite, we soon received a call from the front desk asking if everything was suitable and asking if there was anything we needed.
Diamondhead is a reasonable walk to Times Square, which we soon found out was a much better walk down the beach rather than walking Estero Blvd.
All in all I would definately recommend this hotel to travelers. Just be aware and don't expect a 4 star resort. Great hotel for the price, location and size of suites. We really didn't have a single complaint the entire time we were there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- DiamondHead Beach Resort is a landmark beach resort in the entertainment district of Fort Myers Beach, featuring spacious 1-bedroom suites, Cabañas Beach Bar & Grille, Chloës Seafood & Steaks, spa services, beachfront pool, guest bicycles, fitness centers, and endless recreation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your DiamondHead Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Diamondhead Beach Hotel Fort Myers Beach
- Diamondhead Resort In Fort Myers Fl
- Diamond Head Beach Resort