“Clean, Stylish and Comfortable”

DiamondHead Beach Resort
Ranked #9 of 47 Hotels in Fort Myers Beach
Reviewed February 6, 2009

Clean, Stylish and Comfortable

I like the modern style through out the resort. My room was a 1 bedroom with a kitchen and living room area. It had a pull out couch. Every thing was very new looking and well decorated. They pay attention to detail. It reminded me of the cruise ship but nicer. The food at the pool deck was very good and not too much money.

I would recommend it to every one of all ages and backgrounds.

They have meeting rooms for events, meetings and weddings.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
3  Thank Resort_Trainer

Reviewed January 30, 2009

We have been 3 years in a row!!
A wonderful beach hotel.. So much room in the suites.. All the restaurants our great...We have never had a bad experience...My daughter who is 8 goes and has a great time...
We live in the Tampa area just miles from the beach...this is a gorgeous location at an affordable cost....
Can't wait to go again!!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
4  Thank jmauro3
Reviewed January 13, 2009

Overpriced, dirty, and incompent!

My new wife and I booked this hotel for one night so that we could stay over for the ferry to Key West to start our honeymoon. Thank God we just booked for that one night! The place was incredibly overpriced, dingy, dirty, and on top of everything else the woman who checked us in at the front desk was rude and completely incompetent. She kept insisting that we were staying for seven days and were from Ontario (we were from Florida and staying one night), Two days later, I had to interrupt my honeymoon to call and dispute a 350 dollar charge on my checking account that I had not authorized. The nasty manager who answered the phone argued with me for ten minutes before finally admitting it was the resort's fault, but I still had to jump through all kinds of hoops (while on my honeymoon) to take care of the problem. The room was subpar and dirty and the entire experience was miserable. I strongly suggest that guests look elsewhere.

• Stayed: January 2009
2  Thank 1ofakind72
Reviewed January 10, 2009

Came to Ft. Myer area to look at real estate. Was only supposed to stay one night. Ventured down to Ft. Myers Beach just to look around and decided to stay another night. Found rate for Diamondhead on my mobile phone and my husband booked the room - just stayed one night but this is a fine hotel. Great room/suite, great pool, great location. Will go back.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank concrete-escape
Reviewed December 16, 2008

I absolutely love this hotel. I went with my family of four and we met up with another family of four while we were there. The pool area was perfect for relaxing under the sun. We went from the beach to the pool all day long. The cabana was nice but slow, but it was fine for us because we weren't in any hurry. We had a view facing directly toward the ocean on the third floor. It was amazing. The only problem with that spot was the door to that hall slammed if the balcony door was open, so be aware of that. This is a perfect vacation spot if your just in the need for some relaxation and tanning in the day, and good restaurants and fun near the hotel at night.

Also, there is a great dolphin tour available on jet skis. It is absolutely worth the cost!! check it out

great for all family's, especially with teenagers!

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
5  Thank Greathotels1234513
Reviewed December 8, 2008

We've stayed at the Diamondhead twice - Sept 2006 and Sept 2007. Both for 4 nights as part of a fly-drive holiday.

The hotels is nice with plenty of car parking, right on the beach. the rooms are a suite with kitchen, lounge, bedroom and bathroom. the hotel is one of few high rise hotels along the beach so is easy to find when you know what to look for.

Always ask for a gulf view room and the sunsets are amazing! last time we were there we got a room on the opposite side of the hotel but we asked to be moved and reception were happy to do so. i think the beach also has turtles and you're asked not to leave balcony lights on as this distracts them but unfortunatly we didn't get to see any

the hotel restaurant, think its called Choles, was also nice and we ate here a couple of times both trips, other food options meant a drive up the road.

The location is great for travelling, just off the main road through Fort Myers. The hotels of nearby sanibel and captivia might be a bit posher but they're also a lot more expensive and this had everything we needed

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank cityblue1966
Reviewed November 17, 2008

4 girls stayed at the Diamondhead Beach Resort for a girls vacation in mid October. It was a really nice resort... Great Service, Friendly Staff... Only issue was poolside service and bar there, the staff there was really rude and refused to ackowlege we were there. Other than that, great hotel... Would stay again.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with friends