“We fell in love here!”

DiamondHead Beach Resort
Ranked #9 of 47 Hotels in Fort Myers Beach
Reviewed June 8, 2014

We had a wonderful experience at this hotel last summer. Its directly on the beach which is what we were looking for. The location of this hotel vs others on Estero Blvd is great. You can walk to the Times Square shopping/ dining area or you can take the trolley for only a quarter!

We had a lovely room with a separate bedroom. We had a kitchen, living area, and nice balcony. I enjoyed my coffee on the balcony every morning while listening to the waves! I ordered room service for breakfast one morning and it was good.

Room maintenance was an issue a little bit, as I think we may have been one of the last rooms they got to each day. Often we would go down to the beach for the morning, and would come back after lunch and the room still wasn't cleaned. It wasn't a terrible thing, we just went back out for a bit and it was cleaned while we were gone, just a little annoying.

Most important to us was the beach which was awesome. The water was so warm and the waves were a blast! You can walk all the way to the pier and Times Square area right on the beach. We will return here again, because it has special meaning to us. Overall, happy with this hotel, looks among the nicest mid price in the area. As you will see walking down Estero, many other hotels here look quote shady.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
SunStream-Management, General Manager at DiamondHead Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2014

Dear Karen K,
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us at and for taking the time to give us your feedback. I'm pleased to know that you had a great experience with us and happy you enjoyed our amazing beach. Fort Myers Beach truly is a paradise and I'm happy to hear you think the same way. Thank you again for staying with us and we do hope to see you back soon.

There are newer reviews for DiamondHead Beach Resort

Reviewed June 7, 2014

The place is beautiful and the staff were extremely helpful. Right on the beach! We've been there twice and can't wait to go back! There are several restaurants and we had great food at all of them. Poolside waiter service.The cabana bar restaurant sits right on the beach.

Room Tip: A great view from pool side or front. We didn't stay on the gulf side but I've heard good t...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SandyLS

Dear SandyLS,
Thank you very much for staying with us again at DiamondHead Beach Resort & Spa. I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed our poolside service and our newly renovated Cabana's Beach Bar and Grille. Give our guests the best beach vacation possible is what we love to do. Thank you again and we do hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed June 6, 2014

The service is excellent. Janet was our waitress in The Cabana and she gave us great service. Very friendly and always keeping up with our drinks and food. The food was very good and the atmosphere was very comfortable. Looking forward to going back.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
SunStream-Management, General Manager at DiamondHead Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

Dear Terry H,
Thank you very much for visiting our Cabana's Beach Bar & Grill. I'm excited to hear that you had a great experience and that Janet was able to take great care of you. She, as well as the rest of our team are simply amazing and they are all tremendous assets to our property. Thank you again and we do hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed June 6, 2014

The staff were very Nice & polite. We had no complaints, 2nd time here. The room made us feel like we were at home, cozy & clean, and the bonus....comfortable. The pool view awesome, great service as well. Nice get away. Clean, affordable rooms.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear AndTil,
Thank you very much for staying with us again at DiamondHead Beach Resort & Spa. I'm excited to know that our staff was polite and did a great job taking care of you. We truly do strive to give each guest a special experience. I'm also happy to hear that our rooms were able to make you feel comfortable and at home. We want all our guests to feel as if they are at their home away from home, only on the beach! Thank you again and we do hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed June 4, 2014

This is the third year we have stayed here during Memorial weekend. We usually come during the year at least twice and every time it seems like it can't get any better and it does!! First of all we had the BEST MOST AWESOME WAITER out by the pool!! His name was Daniel not only was he serving about 10 of his at one time but he was funny and very pleasant!! Diamond Head better keep this gem of a server!! My grand daughter LOVES coming down there with us because of all the kids activities. Our room view was beautiful they upgraded us to the beach view and it couldnt get any better than that!! Everybody that works there are friendly and will go out of your way to make sure your happy!! This is the only place we stay on Fort Myers Beach!! Thanks for the wonderful time!! We will be back!!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
SunStream-Management, General Manager at DiamondHead Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2014

Dear cburns101,
Thank you very much for staying with us throughout the years. Nothing makes me happier than being able to give you a wonderful experience time after time. I'm excited to hear that our staff did a great job of taking care of you, we truly do strive to exceed expectations at every opportunity. Daniel is fantastic and we are lucky to have him, I will be sure to pass along your kind words to him. Thank you again and we are already looking forward to seeing you back soon.

Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

I have lived in Ft Myers for 2.5 yrs and have heard from many people Diamondhead is a must if you want to stay anywhere in the city. I recently had family visit so we decided to get a couple rooms at the resort. It was so worth it! They have a monthly activity calendar (featuring volleyball, corn hole, Pilates and boot camp on the beach, etc)! There is a stand right outside on the beach that offers jet skiing, paddleboarding, and more. I was so impressed! It was overcast and rained the two days we stayed and we had the best time! I highly recommend Chloe's Lounge if you want a delicious meal (and a little more expensive)! Or if you want something more casual, Cabana's has the best bloody mary's and bar food! I will definitely be booking another room when I have more visitors! :)

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Sdhowk

Dear Sdhowk,
Thank you very much for staying with us at DiamondHead Beach Resort & Spa. I'm excited to hear that your first time with us lived up to all the positive reviews that you heard from other happy guests. We truly do strive to give each guest a special experience when staying with us. Your happiness is our number one goal. I'm also pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience at Chloes and Cabana's, having two restaurant options on property is great for our guests. Thank you again and we do hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

Please read and share the letter I sent to the President and CEO for Diamond Head Resorts. I've posted it to their Facebook page along with photos, only to have them removed 6 times. They stated on their page that if I would send them my phone number, they would call me and make it right. They have not called. They said they were only removing the redundant posts. There are no posts. I tried to post again on their website this morning and they've blocked me. If you would like to join me in not settling for being ripped off and then lied to, please feel free to share this letter and voice your opinion on their web page. They are Diamondhead Resorts in Ft. Meyers.

Here's the letter:

Good Afternoon,

I wanted to write and share with you our experience at your hotel this past weekend.

My fiancé and I were celebrating our 1 year anniversary of having met. My fiancé booked a room at your property to make the event memorable. It was. But, not in a positive way.

When we arrived, the interior of the room was beautiful. We were a bit disappointed with the view, but we thought it was probably fairly full and we could live with the view of the HVAC equipment. It wasn’t ideal, but we really aren’t that picky. Further into the weekend we could tell it was only at about half occupancy, if that.

Saturday evening we decided to have dinner at Chloe’s. We arrived around 8:20 and waited at the host stand for 10 minutes. There were very few diners, they were not busy. When the host finally came to seat us, he said “you probably just want a snack, right? And then whisked us into the bar around the corner. We had the distinct feeling that the staff was in a rush to close the restaurant. We didn’t want snacks, we wanted a romantic anniversary dinner. So, we decided to walk to a nearby restaurant. You had a very helpful young man at the entrance who called a shuttle for us to take us to a nearby restaurant. He was great. Truly the only positive experience of our visit. I wish I would have gotten his name.

The next morning, I went out to the balcony to have a quiet cup of coffee and listen to the ocean and the birds. What I heard was industrial noise from all of your HVAC equipment. The odor was terrible. It smelled like fuel. I couldn’t sit on the balcony at all. When I went back out to the balcony to show my fiancé how loud it was, he saw a huge wad of hair on the ledge.

I went down to the lobby and asked for the manager. I showed her a video of how loud the balcony was, and the blocked view and all she said was “oh, I’m sorry to hear that”. When my fiancé checked out, she offered him $15. This is on a $200+ room. That was an insult.

The beach in front of the hotel and down to the pier was littered with beer cans, plastic bags and other trash.

I have posted my video and my picture of the hairball on your Facebook page, only to have it taken down with no acknowledgement from your staff.

I find this entire experience so off-putting. I’m disappointed and disgusted. This is bar-none the worst experience I’ve ever had. We travel extensively and have stayed in everything from a thatched hut on a beach in Nicaragua to highly rated luxury properties and I can honestly say, this is the worst. I cannot image ever recommending this property to anyone.

I would appreciate if you would at least acknowledge the fact that we are disappointed and perhaps make a gesture to let us know you’re trying to improve things at this hotel.

Room Tip: I would not chose a room here at all. The rooms inside were beautiful, but the view was awful and t...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank TessFromSebring
SunStream-Management, General Manager at DiamondHead Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2014

Dear TessFromSebring,
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We do apologize for the experience you had and would like to show you why we are one of the top resorts on Fort Myers Beach. It was a pleasure to speak to you less than 24 hours after your first comment. Yes, we did remove a couple of the posts as they were duplicates of the same posts that were shared earlier in the day. I'm excited that we have corrected the experience and we are looking forward to giving you the stay you deserve.