First- what I liked. Convenient location-right on the beach. Very friendly and helpful staff. Nice, open air, beachside casual restaurant/bar adjacent to the pool. (I LOVED the fact that they don't allow people to "reserve" chairs by putting towels on them.) More formal restaurant upstairs seemed quite nice although we only went there for breakfast. We stayed in an oceanfront one bedroom suite on the second floor. It was a little pricey at $330 per night for the quality of the hotel, but was spacious enough and had a nice screened in patio. The beach is a beautiful white sand beach and all water sports activities are available right there. You can rent 2 chaise lounge chairs and an umbrella for $25.00 per day ($20.00 per day for three days or more) and it's $5.00 per day for additional chairs.
The negatives on this place are few. It is a little dated and would more likely be rated as a three star vs.a four star quality. The drinks at Cabanas seemed weak and weren't cheap. The food there was not great either(although the wings are pretty good). The ocean at Fort Myers Beach is hard to enjoy for me. It's shallow, a little murky, and just sort of boring. That's not Diamond Head's fault- it's just the way the water is on the gulf.
We had a really nice dinner at The Nauti Turtle which is just over the bridge on he Fort myers side and had a great happy hour and meal at Parrot Key which is a lively place at the end of the day.
Anyhow, FMB is not my favorite vacation destination, but it's nearby where my mother lives and when I go there again I'll likely stay at Diamond Head again. There really isn't a lot of quality hotels there and given the choices, this is not a bad bet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- DiamondHead Beach Resort is a landmark beach resort in the entertainment district of Fort Myers Beach, featuring spacious 1-bedroom suites, Cabañas Beach Bar & Grille, Chloës Seafood & Steaks, spa services, beachfront pool, guest bicycles, fitness centers, and endless recreation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TravelClick, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your DiamondHead Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Diamondhead Beach Hotel Fort Myers Beach
- Diamondhead Resort In Fort Myers Fl
- Diamond Head Beach Resort