“Visited friends here only but loved it....”

DiamondHead Beach Resort
Ranked #9 of 47 Hotels in Fort Myers Beach
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Our friends were in town staying here for a few days so we visited and spent the whole day with them on the property. The beach right behind the property is fantastic. All sorts of water activities are available for purchase. Lots of food and drink available as there is a restaurant in the hotel and a nice outdoor bar/restaurant on the sand by the beach. The pool was very nice with wait staff available to get you food/drinks. Ample parking and close to everything on the strip. Doesn't look run down like some other resorts close by. Next time we are in the area we will stay ourselves, possibly for a Florida residents rate.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank LVLN
SunStream-Management, General Manager at DiamondHead Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Dear LVLN,
Thank you very much for spending the day with us. I'm happy to hear you and your friends enjoyed your time on property. We try to anticipate every need and give each person a fantastic beach resort experience. We would love to see you again and please do take advantage of our Florida Resident Discount. Thank you again and we are looking forward to serving you soon.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

We had a suite on the top floor (12th) and couldn't fault any of it.

The view was superb, the bed comfortable, kitchen area clean, living area just what you need and the 'Buck Rogers' bath tub/pod/shower thing was... different.

Location brilliant, Cabanas food & drink service was excellent and you could even get them delivered to your sunbed!

The one negative point I have is that the pool area is very small for the size of the hotel and as half of it spends most of the day in the shade the beds get moved and become all on top of each other.

Would definitely recommend though.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mags72
SunStream-Management, General Manager at DiamondHead Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Dear Mags72,
Thank you very much for staying with us at DiamondHead Beach Resort. The 12th floor view is one of the best on the beach, I'm happy to hear you enjoyed it and the rest of your suite. Enjoying the warm Florida sun poolside with drinks and food delivered directly to you is a great way to spend a day. Your happiness is our number one priority. Thank you again and we do hope to see you back in the future.

Reviewed April 4, 2014

Just got home from Ft. Myers yesterday. Stayed at Diamond Head. Everything was fantastic. Had dinner twice and breakfast once at Chloe's. Food and service were excellent. Everything you need is right there. The only negative is that smoking is allowed on the patios of each suite. We are non smokers but people below us were heavy smokers. We would enjoy our patio and wonderful gulf view for a few minutes and then have to run inside and close the doors to avoid the smoke. We'd love to go back but honestly the smoking would deter us. Definitely recommend the premium suite for the straight on gulf view. Just spectacular. Please Diamond Head, make the resort (Except for Cabanas) a non smoking facility. Thanks for a great stay!

Room Tip: Go up high (7th floor and higher) looking straight on the water. Worth the extra $. If you are a no...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
SunStream-Management, General Manager at DiamondHead Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Dear Amy F,
Thank you very much for staying with us at DiamondHead Beach Resort. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and your upgraded suite. We really do try to make our guests feel as if they are at their home away from home, only on the beach! I'm glad you enjoyed your meals and service at our Chloes Restaurant, we have one of the top chefs in the area. Thank you for letting me know about your smoking concerns, I'll will be looking into solutions. Thank you again for staying with us and we do hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

I just returned from a short vacation with my daughter I cant say enough how great everything was , I recently was going to stay at the wyndham down 4 miles we had to leave it was so scary I got a room right away at the diamond head and they did there best to get the room ready and when they did the upgraded me because of my wait... the staff so nice, very clean and the best hotel on the beach, I will def stay again... I would def go back my daughter was so happy and so was i

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Dina848
SunStream-Management, General Manager at DiamondHead Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

Dear Dina848,
Thank you so much for staying with us at DiamondHead Beach Resort. Making sure our guests receive a quick and easy check-in is important to us. We want you to be able to relax and get comfortable as soon as possible. I'm happy to hear you and your daughter enjoyed your upgraded room and glad our staff was able to take great care of you. Thank you again and we do hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

This was our 2nd trip in three years to the DiamondHead Beach Resort Hotel. We found every member of the staff to be extremely helpful and hardworking. This was a pleasant surprise as we have had negative experiences when traveling elsewhere. We had a premium suite overlooking the ocean this time and loved it. We had breakfast each day onsite and the last day was room service. We had dinner one day and enjoyed it. Each server was friendly and efficient. The man at the entrance helped with our bags and was great! The front desk responded to each request quickly and with professionalism. The cleaning staff is among the best I have come across!
The room had an amazing view, I only wish there was a separate shower otherwise the room while slightly dated was comfortable and a great experience. We will be back and will tell our friends!

Room Tip: Premium Suites offer great views and you are not looking at other rooms.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear JoeNewEngland,
Thank you very much for staying with us again at DiamondHead Beach Resort. I'm please to hear that our staff did an excellent job of taking care of you. Each member of our team truly does strive to give each guest a special experience. You're happiness is our happiness. Thank you again for staying with us and we are looking forward to seeing you again next year.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

I have stayed at Diamond head 4 times, it's a great place. I suggest it to most of my friends that go to Florida on vacation. I just talked to one of my friend who spend a week there this month.
He really enjoyed it, but he said there is a 20% TIP ADDED TO THE BILLS. (food/drink) I'm sure that the person is mistaken, because, all of us tip well while were there. Can anyone tell me if this is true?
And if it is true,why was it added? Don't the employee's make enough, or is the mgt keeping a part of the tips? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Biil A

Dear Biil A,
Thank you very much for staying with us over the years. I'm happy to hear your friend had a great time. Let me try to explain what probably happened. The only situations that we add an 18% gratuity is if there is a dining party of 6 or more people, or if the guest opened up a tab at the bar and didn't come back to sign the credit card slip. Many guests leave without closing their check and this is when an 18% gratuity is added. Management never keeps any of this and it goes directly to the wait staff. I hope this helped answer your question and we do hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

We are owners at Diamondhead and have no regrets about investing in this premium resort. The staff is always accommodating, friendly and they go out of their way. There have been several updates to the resort in the last few years and we welcome them! The fitness center should be high on the priority list of needing the next update. The equipment is lacking and needs an update badly. The exercise bike barely works, is noisy and the controls are ready to fall off. Since there have been so many great improvements to this resort in recent years, we hope that the future holds a new fitness center for Diamondhead. Diamondhead is definitely a must see in Fort Myers Beach. Great place to bring your kids!! Thanks Diamondhead for another wonderful visit!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
SunStream-Management, General Manager at DiamondHead Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Dear Nancy G,
Thank you so much for being a Vacation Club owner! I'm very pleased to hear that you love the new improvements we have been making to DiamondHead Beach Resort, and we do plan to continue improving the property every year. Thank you for your suggestion about the fitness room, I will definitely add that to our list of possible improvements. Thank you again and we are looking forward to seeing you again soon.