“Excellent” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 47 Hotels in Fort Myers Beach
Roselle, Illinois
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014

I just returned from a short vacation with my daughter I cant say enough how great everything was , I recently was going to stay at the wyndham down 4 miles we had to leave it was so scary I got a room right away at the diamond head and they did there best to get the room ready and when they did the upgraded me because of my wait... the staff so nice, very clean and the best hotel on the beach, I will def stay again... I would def go back my daughter was so happy and so was i

1 Thank Dina848
SunStream-Management, General Manager at Diamondhead Beach Resort, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Dear Dina848,
Thank you so much for staying with us at DiamondHead Beach Resort. Making sure our guests receive a quick and easy check-in is important to us. We want you to be able to relax and get comfortable as soon as possible. I'm happy to hear you and your daughter enjoyed your upgraded room and glad our staff was able to take great care of you. Thank you again and we do hope to see you back soon.

Neil Hopgood - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (349)
new england
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014

This was our 2nd trip in three years to the DiamondHead Beach Resort Hotel. We found every member of the staff to be extremely helpful and hardworking. This was a pleasant surprise as we have had negative experiences when traveling elsewhere. We had a premium suite overlooking the ocean this time and loved it. We had breakfast each day onsite and the last day was room service. We had dinner one day and enjoyed it. Each server was friendly and efficient. The man at the entrance helped with our bags and was great! The front desk responded to each request quickly and with professionalism. The cleaning staff is among the best I have come across!
The room had an amazing view, I only wish there was a separate shower otherwise the room while slightly dated was comfortable and a great experience. We will be back and will tell our friends!

Room Tip: Premium Suites offer great views and you are not looking at other rooms.
Dear JoeNewEngland,
Thank you very much for staying with us again at DiamondHead Beach Resort. I'm please to hear that our staff did an excellent job of taking care of you. Each member of our team truly does strive to give each guest a special experience. You're happiness is our happiness. Thank you again for staying with us and we are looking forward to seeing you again next year.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

I have stayed at Diamond head 4 times, it's a great place. I suggest it to most of my friends that go to Florida on vacation. I just talked to one of my friend who spend a week there this month.
He really enjoyed it, but he said there is a 20% TIP ADDED TO THE BILLS. (food/drink) I'm sure that the person is mistaken, because, all of us tip well while were there. Can anyone tell me if this is true?
And if it is true,why was it added? Don't the employee's make enough, or is the mgt keeping a part of the tips? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Biil A
Dear Biil A,
Thank you very much for staying with us over the years. I'm happy to hear your friend had a great time. Let me try to explain what probably happened. The only situations that we add an 18% gratuity is if there is a dining party of 6 or more people, or if the guest opened up a tab at the bar and didn't come back to sign the credit card slip. Many guests leave without closing their check and this is when an 18% gratuity is added. Management never keeps any of this and it goes directly to the wait staff. I hope this helped answer your question and we do hope to see you back soon.

Fort Myers Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014

We are owners at Diamondhead and have no regrets about investing in this premium resort. The staff is always accommodating, friendly and they go out of their way. There have been several updates to the resort in the last few years and we welcome them! The fitness center should be high on the priority list of needing the next update. The equipment is lacking and needs an update badly. The exercise bike barely works, is noisy and the controls are ready to fall off. Since there have been so many great improvements to this resort in recent years, we hope that the future holds a new fitness center for Diamondhead. Diamondhead is definitely a must see in Fort Myers Beach. Great place to bring your kids!! Thanks Diamondhead for another wonderful visit!!!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
SunStream-Management, General Manager at Diamondhead Beach Resort, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Dear Nancy G,
Thank you so much for being a Vacation Club owner! I'm very pleased to hear that you love the new improvements we have been making to DiamondHead Beach Resort, and we do plan to continue improving the property every year. Thank you for your suggestion about the fitness room, I will definitely add that to our list of possible improvements. Thank you again and we are looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014

Great place for a family vacation. We confirmed 3 premium ocean view suites and 1 oceanfront suite. Book the premium suites as it is worth it for the updated furnishings. They were able to place the 3 premium rooms together with the balcony doors opened to connect all 3 rooms, perfect for the kids. The staff were all very friendly and efficient. Daniel at Cabana's beach and pool bar was the best, making sure we had everything we needed even finding an extra umbrella to shade one of the kids that fell asleep on a lounge chair. Our one complaint was dinner Sat night. Reservations had been made for our large party 2 weeks prior requesting outside seating, unfortunately we were told when we arrived that the terrace at Chloes was not available due to a wedding.(had we known in advance we would have rearranged our dinner reservations and visited Chloes on a different night) We were seated inside at 2 separate tables with 2 different waitresses therefore getting our dinners served 20-25 min apart. Dinner at Chloes was not bad but the food and ambiance was just not worth the cost. Overall it was a great vacation and I would go back.

2 Thank Laurie O
Dear Laurie O,
Thank you very much for staying with us at DiamondHead Beach Resort and Spa. I'm excited to hear that your party loved your suites and the enjoyed the fact that they were able to connect. Daniel at Cabana's Beach Bar is great, we get many compliments about him and I will be sure to pass yours along to him. I do apologize we weren't able to host your party on the outside terrace due to a wedding. Our restaurant staff should have know the terrace was book for the night you requested. We would love to make it up to you during your next visit. Thank you again for staying with us and we do look forward to seeing you back soon.

Brighton, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

We had a very nice short vacation at Diamond Head, we just booked on line, a bit pricey but it was high season. Room was a bit dated, but very clean. We had an ocean front King, view was wonderful, we saw dolphins on the first morning along with the fishing boats. Coupons for breakfast, which I realize now, was a great deal for the island. Beach was very clean, and we were close enough to town to walk to the pier, but away from the spring breakers. Only thing keeping me from rating them higher was the bar area/pool wait staff, they were very nice, but the length of time for service was sub standard. While we did get served nicely when it happened, they are understaffed at the time we were visiting. Hopefully management will see this and hire a few more! Getting to the hotel was a bit difficult, long waits for all hotels on this strip, it took us over 1 hour to go 3/4 of a mile, due to the bridge that connects the main land to the beach area, nothing that would ding the hotel. Just be prepared to be stuck in traffic when approaching the beach area.

Room Tip: We were in 1008, nice view!
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank janet s
Dear Janet S,
Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us at DiamondHead Beach Resort. I'm pleased you enjoyed your spacious suite over looking the beautiful Gulf of Mexico. We do have upgraded suites that are newly remodel, be sure to take a look at one of those room next year. I'm sure you will love it. Thank you for letting me know about the wait time for service by the pool. We will look to correct that with increased staffing. Yes, March is our busiest time of year and traffic can be slow. Luckily we are conveniently located within walking distance of the main hub on Fort Myers Beach, so there's no real need to drive anywhere for entertainment. Thank you again for staying with us and we do hope to see you back soon.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014

This hotel is right on the stunning white sands in fort myers beach. Our balcony has a wonderful view overlooking the pool and beach. Our 1 bed suite is spacious clean and has a good standard of furniture.The bed and bathroom are large and great to have a safe in the room. The pool is lovely and warm and the jacuzzi very hot. The staff round the pool area are very good at getting drinks and food for you to save you leaving the pool side. The free towels are a real bonus with no limit to how many you can take. We had dinner in the restaurant which had good value food that was very tasty. Our waitress was very helpful and jolly. I had a massage in the spa which was very relaxing and tailor made to my aches and pains! We really like this hotel and location and will be sorry to move on.

Room Tip: High up on 12 storey building has amazing views.
1 Thank nandjm
Dear Nandjm,
Thank you very much for staying with us during your time on Fort Myers Beach. I'm excited to hear that you enjoyed everything from the white sand beach and our large balcony views to the wonderful food and poolside service. We truly do try to exceed all expectations. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you during your next visit to beautiful Fort Myers Beach.