“Is this true?”

DiamondHead Beach Resort
Ranked #9 of 47 Hotels in Fort Myers Beach
“Is this true?”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I have stayed at Diamond head 4 times, it's a great place. I suggest it to most of my friends that go to Florida on vacation. I just talked to one of my friend who spend a week there this month.
He really enjoyed it, but he said there is a 20% TIP ADDED TO THE BILLS. (food/drink) I'm sure that the person is mistaken, because, all of us tip well while were there. Can anyone tell me if this is true?
And if it is true,why was it added? Don't the employee's make enough, or is the mgt keeping a part of the tips? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Biil A
SunStream-Management, General Manager at DiamondHead Beach Resort, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Dear Biil A,
Thank you very much for staying with us over the years. I'm happy to hear your friend had a great time. Let me try to explain what probably happened. The only situations that we add an 18% gratuity is if there is a dining party of 6 or more people, or if the guest opened up a tab at the bar and didn't come back to sign the credit card slip. Many guests leave without closing their check and this is when an 18% gratuity is added. Management never keeps any of this and it goes directly to the wait staff. I hope this helped answer your question and we do hope to see you back soon.

Neil Hopgood - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (369)
Fort Myers Beach, Florida
Reviewed March 29, 2014

We are owners at Diamondhead and have no regrets about investing in this premium resort. The staff is always accommodating, friendly and they go out of their way. There have been several updates to the resort in the last few years and we welcome them! The fitness center should be high on the priority list of needing the next update. The equipment is lacking and needs an update badly. The exercise bike barely works, is noisy and the controls are ready to fall off. Since there have been so many great improvements to this resort in recent years, we hope that the future holds a new fitness center for Diamondhead. Diamondhead is definitely a must see in Fort Myers Beach. Great place to bring your kids!! Thanks Diamondhead for another wonderful visit!!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
SunStream-Management, General Manager at DiamondHead Beach Resort, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Dear Nancy G,
Thank you so much for being a Vacation Club owner! I'm very pleased to hear that you love the new improvements we have been making to DiamondHead Beach Resort, and we do plan to continue improving the property every year. Thank you for your suggestion about the fitness room, I will definitely add that to our list of possible improvements. Thank you again and we are looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Great place for a family vacation. We confirmed 3 premium ocean view suites and 1 oceanfront suite. Book the premium suites as it is worth it for the updated furnishings. They were able to place the 3 premium rooms together with the balcony doors opened to connect all 3 rooms, perfect for the kids. The staff were all very friendly and efficient. Daniel at Cabana's beach and pool bar was the best, making sure we had everything we needed even finding an extra umbrella to shade one of the kids that fell asleep on a lounge chair. Our one complaint was dinner Sat night. Reservations had been made for our large party 2 weeks prior requesting outside seating, unfortunately we were told when we arrived that the terrace at Chloes was not available due to a wedding.(had we known in advance we would have rearranged our dinner reservations and visited Chloes on a different night) We were seated inside at 2 separate tables with 2 different waitresses therefore getting our dinners served 20-25 min apart. Dinner at Chloes was not bad but the food and ambiance was just not worth the cost. Overall it was a great vacation and I would go back.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Laurie O
Dear Laurie O,
Thank you very much for staying with us at DiamondHead Beach Resort and Spa. I'm excited to hear that your party loved your suites and the enjoyed the fact that they were able to connect. Daniel at Cabana's Beach Bar is great, we get many compliments about him and I will be sure to pass yours along to him. I do apologize we weren't able to host your party on the outside terrace due to a wedding. Our restaurant staff should have know the terrace was book for the night you requested. We would love to make it up to you during your next visit. Thank you again for staying with us and we do look forward to seeing you back soon.

Brighton, Michigan
Reviewed March 23, 2014

We had a very nice short vacation at Diamond Head, we just booked on line, a bit pricey but it was high season. Room was a bit dated, but very clean. We had an ocean front King, view was wonderful, we saw dolphins on the first morning along with the fishing boats. Coupons for breakfast, which I realize now, was a great deal for the island. Beach was very clean, and we were close enough to town to walk to the pier, but away from the spring breakers. Only thing keeping me from rating them higher was the bar area/pool wait staff, they were very nice, but the length of time for service was sub standard. While we did get served nicely when it happened, they are understaffed at the time we were visiting. Hopefully management will see this and hire a few more! Getting to the hotel was a bit difficult, long waits for all hotels on this strip, it took us over 1 hour to go 3/4 of a mile, due to the bridge that connects the main land to the beach area, nothing that would ding the hotel. Just be prepared to be stuck in traffic when approaching the beach area.

Room Tip: We were in 1008, nice view!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank janet s
Dear Janet S,
Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us at DiamondHead Beach Resort. I'm pleased you enjoyed your spacious suite over looking the beautiful Gulf of Mexico. We do have upgraded suites that are newly remodel, be sure to take a look at one of those room next year. I'm sure you will love it. Thank you for letting me know about the wait time for service by the pool. We will look to correct that with increased staffing. Yes, March is our busiest time of year and traffic can be slow. Luckily we are conveniently located within walking distance of the main hub on Fort Myers Beach, so there's no real need to drive anywhere for entertainment. Thank you again for staying with us and we do hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

This hotel is right on the stunning white sands in fort myers beach. Our balcony has a wonderful view overlooking the pool and beach. Our 1 bed suite is spacious clean and has a good standard of furniture.The bed and bathroom are large and great to have a safe in the room. The pool is lovely and warm and the jacuzzi very hot. The staff round the pool area are very good at getting drinks and food for you to save you leaving the pool side. The free towels are a real bonus with no limit to how many you can take. We had dinner in the restaurant which had good value food that was very tasty. Our waitress was very helpful and jolly. I had a massage in the spa which was very relaxing and tailor made to my aches and pains! We really like this hotel and location and will be sorry to move on.

Room Tip: High up on 12 storey building has amazing views.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank nandjm
Dear Nandjm,
Thank you very much for staying with us during your time on Fort Myers Beach. I'm excited to hear that you enjoyed everything from the white sand beach and our large balcony views to the wonderful food and poolside service. We truly do try to exceed all expectations. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you during your next visit to beautiful Fort Myers Beach.

florida
Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

Due to the hoards of Spring breakers we were not able to get a reservation here or anywhere else on the beach but as we live fairly close decided on a day trip. We have stayed here before and love the location and atmosphere. The staff is very welcoming from the moment you park. We had breakfast at Chloe's and it was very good, waitress was awesome and very patient with the three girls, my mom and myself. Beach staff was also terrific, the young man putting up the umbrellas was very engaging and chatted and laughed with us as he did his work, worth every penny to have someone else handle that! Water was still frigid but the sun was shining so no one seemed to mind. I had a little mishap and dropped my phone in a bucket of salt water, ugh! Ran up to Chloe's at the urging of the bar manager even though I was sandy and barefoot, they immediately got me a bag of rice to plop my phone in in order to dry it out, happy to report it worked! Had lunch at the pool bar, not being hotel guests we did not use the pool but it got too windy and we were getting cold so the staff let us move to the pool area to sit in the sun. We were much more comfortable and very grateful! Lunch was very good, kids portions were adequate and I had a very tasty wrap, prices were fair and staff is wonderful! We can't wait to go back, I highly recommend a visit! Thank you Diamond Head Staff for a great day!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank mrsv28
Hicksville, New York
Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

Everyone/everything about this place is nice! It's a little pricey but I am a firm believer you get what you pay for. Beautiful views, walking distance to Times Square, rm service excellent, Fab BEACH spot. Traffic SLOW, add 1hr to you trip.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RedheadedMenace
SunStream-Management, General Manager at DiamondHead Beach Resort, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Dear RedheadedMenace,
Thank you very much for staying with us at DiamondHead Beach Resort. I'm excited to hear you had a wonderful stay and enjoyed the location. We put our guests within a short walk of all the fun Fort Myers Beach offers, yet far enough to give you a quiet place to relax. This is our busiest time of year and traffic can be stop and go, but it is clear most of the year. Come visit us this summer and it will be free flowing. Thank you again for staying with us and we do hope to serve you again in the future.