“Perfect weekend getaway” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 47 Hotels in Fort Myers Beach
Fort Myers, Florida
“Perfect weekend getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

The resort donated a 2 night stay to our local school's silent auction which my family won, so I was impressed with their community spirit before checking in. We arrived on a Friday afternoon and were greeted immediately by the friendly staff. At check in we were upgraded to a gulf/pool view. We had a two room suite with an equipped kitchenette. The bedroom was newly carpeted and had a comfortable king bed with nice linens. My children,11 and 17, slept on a sofabed. Normally this would emit much groaning and complaining. But no, the mattress was very comfortable and both were pleasantly surprised. The bathroom appeared to have also been recently remodeled. One caveat to the tall, the shower head is rather low, but water pressure was good. The patio off our room was quite large with two lounge chairs and a table with four chair and plenty of room to spare! The pool has plenty of chairs and the Cabana restaurant serves tropical drinks and lighter food both in the pool area and under cover in an open-air but pleasantly cool spot overlooking the Gulf. As our stay was in August, weather was HOT. There is no shade except a few umbrellas at pool until late afternoon. The pool was the perfect temperature for cooling off. There were children, but not so many that a couple alone would be disturbed. The beach is beautiful. Chairs under umbrella are available to rent as are jetskis and the like. The resort is walking distance from Time Square where there are shops, entertainment and restaurants. We also had the chance to dine at their upscale restaurant, Chloe's and thoroughly enjoyed it. All in all it was the perfect weekend getaway.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Leslie H
, General Manager at DiamondHead Beach Resort Hotel, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear Leslie H,
Thank you very much for staying with us and congratulations on winning the silent auction! I'm happy to hear you and your family had a great time and enjoyed your suite. We try to make our guests feel as if they are at their home away from home. I'm glad you enjoyed your dining experiences at Cabanas and Chloes as well! Thank you again and we hope to see you back soon!

Neil Hopgood - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (313)
st joseph
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

My husband & I stayed at DiamondHead for four nights. Property is located close to the pier/time square area where there is lots of restaurants and shops. Walkable distance for most people. Staff was all very friendly. A bellhop is not always available when you arrive later in the day. I asked the front desk for a luggage cart, she called maintence. A very friendly gentleman showed up and assisted us with a cart. He helped us to our room with all our supplies. Our room was beach front. We had a large screened balcony with a table, chairs and loungers. The room is a living room with sofa sleeper, chair, cocktail table, high top dining table and kitchenette(sm fridge, microwave, dish washer, coffee pot, toaster, basic plates, cups & flatware). The bedroom had a king bed with tv. The bathroom is accessible from the bedroom or living room. Nice size bath with tub/shower. Rooms were always well cleaned. There was room renovation on the floor above us. Noise didn't start till 9am so it was bearable. Negatives: our room was looking in need of renovation. The carpet was clean but, had a few stains. The bathroom caulk was cracked & pulling from the wall. The bed mattress was needing replaced. I slept fine, but it reminded me of bedding most motels used in the past. The worst thing was the sofa sleeper. It was very worn. Parts of the fabric was loose from the structure. When I sat on it to watch TV, my body tilted forward and to the middle. After an hour of sitting, it caused my back to hurt. Positives: good location sitting close to the shoreline. Nice pool. Restaurant and outdoor bar(didn't use either). Perfect size room. Room key was great, you only had to hold your key to the lock. No swiping and re-swiping to get into your room. Rooms were clean. I believe they are working on renovating all rooms. A ceiling fan in the bedroom would be a nice addition. The pros out weigh the cons. I would stay here again.

5 Thank sightseesylvia P
Saint Francis, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

My husband and I took our first vacation alone in 15 years and we couldn't have been more pleased with Diamondhead Resort. We received wonderful customer service the moment we arrived. Everyone there was very helpful and personable. The room was fabulous! Great view of the Gulf and very clean. I also need to add that the food here was the best we ever had at a resort or hotel and that is not easy to find. We will definitely be returning to Diamondhead in the future and was very pleased to find out they also have a location in Daytona as we love Daytona Beach as well. Thank you Diamondhead for making our vacation such a wonderful one!

Room Tip: Definitely spend the extra for a beach front room.
7 Thank Stephanie S
SunStreamResorts, General Manager at DiamondHead Beach Resort Hotel, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear Stephanie S.
Thank you very much for staying with us and for taking the time to give us your review. I'm excited to hear that you and your husband had a wonderful time and that our staff was able to take great care of you. We truly do strive to give each guest a special experience during their stay at DiamondHead Beach Resort. Thank you again and we hope to see you back soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Okay, I'll start off with my only knock on it: it's in Ft. Myers Beach, an insanely low-key type of town that was not my scene (but could be yours!). Besides that though, everyone was nice, especially Mike in Parking, and I had no issues whatsoever. Our room was always clean, and we got upgraded to the beachview which was nice. It's in walking distance to a lot of areas, and the pool and beach were nice (except for the lake runoff that haunted our trip). This place was pretty cool, and if for some reason I found myself back here, I'd stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013
7 Thank MainCanePlane
SunStreamResorts, General Manager at DiamondHead Beach Resort Hotel, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear MainCanePlane,
Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us at DiamondHead Beach Resort. I'm happy to hear our staff was able to take such good care of you. We truly do strive to give each guest a special experience. I'm glad you enjoyed your upgrade to our beach view suites, the Gulf water is starting to clear up a bit now as well. Thank you again and if you do happen to find yourself on Fort Myers Beach in the future we would love to serve you again.

Warwick, Rhode Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

well we went back to diamond head and I must say I was disappointed this year. The friendly man at the desk when you walk in was gone, who knows who was there is time you never really seen him or if he was there his head was buried in a paper. Room service was ok but we were missing $40, and Vinny with money there was no mistake it was gone! The ocean was brown (we could get that at home) so we opted for the pool. Kids jumping in the pool every couple seconds doesn't make a fun pool stay along with having floats in the pool takes up people room. The bar tender Spike was great and makes a wonderful drink! The thought the food was very good. Needless to say next year we will not be going back.

1 Thank Penny M
SunStreamResorts, General Manager at DiamondHead Beach Resort Hotel, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Penny M,
Thank you for coming back to stay with us again and for taking the time to give us your feedback. I'm sorry you didn't receive the same type of quality you received on your first visit. I can assure you our entire staff goes out of their way to give each guest a special experience. That type of amazing service has kept us ranked as one of the top hotels on Fort Myers Beach. I would like to invite you back so that we can give you the same high quality experience you had the first time.

pittsburgh, pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay at Diamondhead!! The staff was all so friendly! Only issue that I had was the 200 hold they want to place on your card. I had no plans on charging anything to my room as I had cash planned out for every thing. The restaurant there had great food too that you could sit down at or order by pool to eat. The room we had was pool view and gulf view! Room was always clean all staff was nice! Lots of optional kid activities at pool!! We won a beach towel playing bingo. Great location too!

• Stayed June 2013
6 Thank ynljrl
Dear ynljrl,
Thank you very much for staying with us at DiamondHead Beach Resort. I'm excited to hear our staff was able to take such good care of you. We truly do strive to give each guest a memorable experience. Sounds like you had a great time by the pool with good food and fun activities! Guest happiness is our number one priority. Thank you again and we hope to see you back real soon.

Pewaukee, Wisconsin, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Diamondhead beach and resorts views are wonderful! The screened in balcony is a great place to relax and have breakfast, lunch, or dinner. The bed was comfortable and it was nice to have two rooms within the hotel room. However, don't be fooled by the pictures posted online. The hotel has converted a few floors into time shares. Those are the pictures of the newly renovated timeshares. The room we stayed in was very old and not updated. It did not have a stove cooktop and the bathroom was old and outdated. The shower was so small that my husband had to duck to wash his hair. The grout in the tiles looked dirty and the sink was rusty and gross. Also, the newly renovated timeshares did not update the showers and this is one of the reasons we did not purchase a timeshare here. When you look at the pictures you'll notice they don't show the showerhead.That is because they are not updated and gross. Overall we had a great experience at the diamondhead. We just feel a beachfront property would update the rooms fully, including the small showers.

7 Thank Mary Jo D
Dear Mary Jo D,
Thank you very much for staying with us at DiamondHead Beach Resort. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us. Yes, we do have a couple floors that are dedicated to the Vacation Club program, but we do have upgraded rooms that are not part of the Vacation Club as well. Also we are about ready to start at major room renovation project that will keep us positioned as one of the top resorts on Fort Myers Beach. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you back soon!