“Fabulous Hotel with Amazing View!”

DiamondHead Beach Resort
Ranked #9 of 47 Hotels in Fort Myers Beach
Reviewed July 27, 2013

The Diamondhead Beach Resort is a fantastic place to stay. It has the room of a condo with all the amenities of a hotel. My son was worried about having to sleep on a pull out sofa, but the thick memory foam mattress on it was extremely comfortable. My favorite part was the huge balcony with an exceptional view. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful and the cabana bar and restaurant over looking the ocean had good food and reasonable prices. My only complaint is that the cabana bar closed at 8:00. I highly recommend staying here if you're in Ft. Meyers Beach. You can't beat the location.

10  Thank rms466
SunStreamResorts, General Manager at DiamondHead Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Dear rms466,
Thank you very much for staying with us. I'm excited to here you had a great time and enjoyed our suite style rooms with large balconies. Nothing beats waking up and looking out over the Gulf of Mexico! I'm glad our hotel staff was able to take good care of you, we strive to give each guest special experience. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you back in the future.

There are newer reviews for DiamondHead Beach Resort

Reviewed July 27, 2013

This hotel was very clean, loved the location close to the boardwalk, yet not too close to the noise. We would have liked the water sports but there was fee for these. They also needed to offer their guests free umbrella chairs on the beach. The staff was friendly, and they did offer towels for the pool on a daily basis. We will go back, we stayed on the 9th floor and the view we had was beautiful!

Room Tip: Choose a room on the higher floor, we were on the 9th floor corner suite
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
8  Thank TOhio

Dear TOhio,
Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us at DiamondHead Beach Resort. I'm happy to hear you had a great time and enjoyed our location and friendly staff. The watersports and beach chair rentals are run by a third party company, so unfortunately we don't have control over pricing. Thank you again and we hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed July 21, 2013

We stayed here for 1 week and absolutely loved it. Brilliant location, friendly staff. The rooms are massive with huge balconies. We were overlooking the gulf and the whole of fort myers beach. It is on the best part of the beach. Already booked to go back.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank sarah_sadler18
SunStreamResorts, General Manager at DiamondHead Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Dear Sarah_sadler18,
Thank you very much for staying with us at DiamondHead Beach Resort. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed the large balconies overlooking the Gulf and beach. Thank you for already booking another vacation! We are looking forward to serving you again.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

We just returned from a fantastic 7 day stay and were overly impressed with everything. The staff was amazing and helpful. NOTHING was dirty here. Aside from having no 2 bedroom suites, this resort has it all. We took two teenage boys with and they were both comfortable sleeping on the pull out couch in the living room. Make sure you do the Dolphin tour available right at the resort. Great family getaway:)

6  Thank Kerry E
SunStreamResorts, General Manager at DiamondHead Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Dear Kerry E,
Thank you very much for staying with us at DiamondHead Beach Resort. I'm so happy to hear you and your family had a great time with us and enjoyed everything that Fort Myers Beach has to offer. Glad you did the dolphin tour, that's one of the best activities to do in my opinion. Thank you again and please come back and see us soon.

Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

We just came back from a week stay at the diamond head resort on fort Meyers beach... This hotel is all suites - king bed in a separate bedroom and a sofa sleeper in living area - we have a teenage son who found it impossible to sleep on the thin, lumpy mattress, I traded places with him and was up all night - the next morning I complained and asked for a room w two beds - this hotel does not have any - they did exchange the sofa mattress which was improved but still lumpy and saggy - the hotel did not offer discount or anything else - as for location - it is right on the beach - however - it is south of the pier - I recommend staying north of the pier - the neighborhood is nicer there - there are many bars, liquor stores, loud music on this side of the pier - the pool at this hotel is smaller than the pictures in all Internet photos but it was clean water - lots of nice deck chairs- nice decor - beach toy rental site was only open 1 day in our week stay - not sure why...- hotel maid was very good at cleaning beds and towels but, I use hairspray and it leaves a film on counters - this was never wiped off - I did it myself... So I knew she did not " clean"
The counters in the barhroom... Parking was ample... Balcony screened and great ... However, please know that fort Meyers beach itself is not very clean, the water is murky and even brown on some days we were there - also a bad methane odor was present on the beach for 5 days - we did not swim in this water and couldn't tolerate a walk on the beach due to horrible odor - not the hotels issue - but, if u are considering FMB I suggest north of the pier - the comfort inn looked Wonderful! Otherwise, try Siesta Key near Sarasota - we drove there beach so clean and shot and clear water there; or try sanibel we went swimming there twice loved it so much !

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank Sandybeach777
SunStreamResorts, General Manager at DiamondHead Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Dear Sandybeach777,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at DiamondHead Beach Resort. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. Our location south of the pier is one of the best on the beach. It's far enough from all the action that you won't hear any noise, yet only a 10 minute walk away from the fun. It is our summer rainy season right now which does hurt our water clarity sometimes. Our beautiful water returns after a day or two. Thank you again, we hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

This is not the Four Seasons or The Breakers. That's why I like it. I have been coming here for 7 years. I stay twice per year. The rooms are a great value. They are not fancy but clean and functional. You get a great screened-in porch and wonderful views on the gulf side. The staff is always friendly and responsive. The food is good in the pool area. Drinks are served to you as you lounge around the pool and hot tubs. The beach is clean and they have amenities like wave runners, beach chairs and para sailing right on the property. As I said, it is not a ritzy hotel. It is just a great value, friendly people, free parking, separate bedroom from living/dining area that has pull out couch, great views, helpful concierge and family friendly . If you are looking for a luxury hotel, pay twice as much to go to Naples. I travel a lot for business and have stayed at a number of luxury hotels. I am perfectly comfortable here and will be returning as soon as I can.

9  Thank Tom_S_1980
SunStreamResorts, General Manager at DiamondHead Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Dear Tom_S_1980,
Thank you very much for staying with us over the years and for taking the time to give us your review. I'm happy to hear you enjoy the pool-side service, beach amenities and friendly staff. Our staff truly strives to give each guest a special experience and I'm glad we could do that for you. Thank you again and we are looking forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Except the dining room and bar staff (wich was wonderfull), very unhelpfull staff. Dirty lobby, dirty swimingpool, cleaned room but nothing exceptional. Nice location and beautifull view. Enough space in the rooms. Noisy airco. Very bad wifi. Deco to update. Will never come back

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank panguo
SunStreamResorts, General Manager at DiamondHead Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Dear Panguo,
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to give us your feedback. I'm sorry you didn't completely enjoy your experience. I can assure you that we do everything we can to keep the property clean, we are consistently ranked as the best resort on Fort Myers Beach. Thank you again and we hope to see you back soon.