“Horrible customer service” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 47 Hotels in Fort Myers Beach
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Horrible customer service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2011

We've stayed at Diamondhead twice before and loved it. This time the people above us were extremely loud until 3 am. We made a complaint, but nothing was done.
The exhaust vent on top of the building needs serious work, about every 15 minutes you hear what sounds like a vacume cleaner running for about a minute. During the day its not an issue but we had a terrible time trying to fall asleep at night.
Worst of all, their trying to sell vacation packages for the top 3 floors... we stayed 5 days and were approached at least once each day, they even have a person circling the pool area like a hawk. I was on vacation and wanted to relax, the sales pitch was annoying beyond words. When we complained about all this, we got 2 free drink tickets... whoop de do. Will find another place for next year!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank nanner40
SunStreamMgmt, Manager at DiamondHead Beach Resort, responded to this review, April 13, 2011
Dear nanner40,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at DiamondHead. It is important for us to hear about our guests experiences, both good and bad, so that we can always strive to do better.

I am extremely sorry that you had such a terrible experience, especially since you have stayed with us 2 times previously and had an enjoyable enough time to return a 3rd time. I will absolutely have maintenance look into the exhaust vent, as well as look into the process that the Vacation Club uses in order to "pitch" potential owners, as we understand (and hope) that you are able to enjoy a relaxing experience while staying with us..

We strive to provide exceptional service to all guests and I apologize that we did not meet your expectations, as well as our own. We greatly appreciate the feedback would love the opportunity to have you stay with us again and hope you will give us another chance to exceed your expectations in the future.

DiamondHead Management Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (338)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2011

We had a great time here with a very nice view of the Gulf. I was able to really relax. The people were friendly and they were able to tell us were to go and what to do, the restaurant wasn't good and it was expensive. The weather was perfect.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank jazhays
West Boylston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2011

We just returned from a wonderful stay at The Diamond Head Resort. The suite was very nice....super clean and beautifully decorated. We stayed on the 10th floor overlooking the pool and the beach. The first night we arrived, we enjoyed dinner in the restaurant. The food was fabulous. We had the prime Rib dinner and Key lime pie for dessert.
We decided to try room service for the next morning and were pleasantly surprised. Having breakfast on the screened-in balcony overlooking the beach was fantastic!!
The entire staff of the resort should be commended on there fabulous customer service skills.....above and beyond!!

2 Thank Laurelmg
Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2011

I had reservations to stay a weekend but never made it due to a medical problem that prevented me from traveling. I don't recall being told that their cancellation policy is 72 hours when I made the reservation, but they were sure to remind me about it when I called to cancel the reservation 54 hours before I was due to check in. After bouncing me around to four different people I ended up speaking with a snotty women who claimed to be the "supervisor." I was told there was nothing they could do and I would not receive a refund of my $305 deposit. For all I know this may be the nicest place in Fort Myers Beach but as I see it they stole my money and they will never see me or anyone I know step foot in their resort.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank Karl053
cleveland ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2011

The hotel was very nice. We enjoyed dining outdoors for dinner as well as lunch. The hotel is right on the beach and a 10 minute walk to the "times square" area of shops. Had an opportunity to have my hair cut in the hotel salon and was very satisfied. The rooms are spacious suits and have great views of the gulf and a large screened in lanai. The staff was friendly and helpful. I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank travelingmom47
Excelsior Springs, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2011

What a great place ! The staff is super friendly and the suites are very clean. All the suites have thier own private balconys. We were fortunate enough to have a gulf view room. I never shut those doors one time. There's nothing like hearing the surf aas you fall asleep. When we go back to Fort Myeres Beach this is the only place i'll be staying at. It is a little pricey but you do get whet you pay for !

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank BeachGirl73_11
Garfield, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2011

Our stay at Diamond Head was great. The view is awesome the rooms were great although we did hear the chairs on the floor above us at times but we didn't stay in the room very much we were either on the beach or walking and taking in the views.
The staff members were great. Dave (bell man) was especialy great he helped us with our fishing trip and guide which turned out to be great with captian Bob.
We also went to the Everglades with Jody, Bob's wife, we had a great time.
Everything you want is with in walking distance for us anyway.
We do have a few cons although; We booked our trip in Nov of 2010 paid in full. An oversight on our part our departure flight didn't leave until 8:50 pm, we asked 3 differant times about the 4 pm checkout time we were very williing to pay the $50.00 they were asking. The morning of our check out day I called early to the front desk to ask about the 4pm check out and Vicki said she couldn't do it, my husband went down to talk to her and she then says she couldn't because she just gave out 3 other 4pm check out prior. They also had VACANCY on their sigh our front. Also the renting of the chairs and umbrellas, when you pay as much as we did for a 7 day trip you shoud get the chairs and umb for no charge. And then they take them away at 5pm, we like to sit out later than 5pm. It wasen't very noisy while we were there thank heavens. All in all it was a very nice stay. We will be back next year.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple