“Very Nice”

Wyndham Garden Fort Myers Beach
Ranked #12 of 47 Hotels in Fort Myers Beach
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Great location on beach which is very wide. Rooms were clean and comfortable. The woman Bartender was very nice and friendly. Maxine, the desk clerk, was great as she did my online Southwest Airline pre-boarding for me the day before we left for the Ft Lauderdale airport!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank robho40
Write a ReviewReviews (1,727)

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed at the Holiday Inn for 4 nights in September. It brought flashbacks from 36 years ago
when my then boss used to hold employee meetings at the Holiday Inn near Albany, NY.

This Holiday Inn must have been built around the same time and has the same configuration
in both the building lay-out and the room configuration. I was put off a little until I realized
how lovingly this facility has been restored. Everything looks (and well may be) original, but
it has been remarkably cleaned, polished and re-glazed to look like the original room(s) when they were new.

I was comfortable with good bedding and comfortable air conditioning. My room was on the first floor near the pool and the beach. The room also had a good-sized refrigerator.

The staff at this hotel were very pleasant and well-trained. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who enjoys an updated retro look.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband and I stayed here the end of October for a quiet get away. It was just that, the hotel is on the south end but htere was very light traffic and easy to navigate to any of the other Islands. The hotel is a little run down, but very clean and the rooms are a little small but for just the two of us it was just fine. Alot of comments were made about how it was a long walk to the water, it was a little walk but all the neighboring condos or motels were the same. Our package included free bfast, it was just ok and the staff was friendly. Truely no big complaints and if in the area I would stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Perfect location for a relaxing vacation. The hotel is right on the beach and has an unobstructed view of the sunset. Plus the Tiki Bar serves very good food with lots of drink specials. The main dining and room service also served very good food with a nice variety and reasonable prices. Staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel pool is also nice with outdoor games. The rooms were clean and spacious. One of the two double beds was not comfortable. But overall, thumbs up to this hotel! We were pleasantly surprised and plan to return.

1  Thank Arizona211
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I had a very late flight and arrived at approxinately 11:30pm. Upon check in I noticed the reception area dark and old, service was average. I got to my room door and was not impressed, the first thing I noticed was the room next to mine was undergoing some sort of construction or clean-up which was visible through the uncovered windows & disarray.

Once I entered my room it mirrored the reception area and was old with a dingy feeling. I decided that it was too late to do anything other than go to bed and wake with fresh eyes. All night I felt itchy in the blankets like there was either sand in the bed (though none was visible).

The next morning, while I was coming out of the bathroom, a very large cockroach crawled out from under my bed, went into the bathroom, came back out to circle under the sink and then returned to under the bed. I believe that explains the itchy feeling the night before.

When I went to the front desk to cancel the rest of my stay, I told the woman that the room had large roaches. She said they weren't roaches, they were "Palmetto bugs." She then went to speak to someone in the back room and tell them that I was canceling my reservation. While she was gone, I googled "palmetto bugs" and lo and behold - they are roaches. I read the page to her and indicated that adding a colorful name to the pest didn't change what it was.

I will not be back - ever.

Room Tip: Pick somewhere else to stay!
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank R0ckieS
MichaelPatterson, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Fort Myers Beach, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear of your encounter with the Palmetto bug, which is indigenous to tropical regions such as ours. We strive to make each and every guest stay a pleasurable one and apologize your stay was abbreviated by this negative encounter. I would like the opportunity to discuss your stay further if you are willing. I can be reached directly at the hotel at your convenience.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

The Holiday Inn in Ft Meyers Beach really has everything you could want from a vacation spot. Located right on the beach ~ all you have to do is walk out your door and head to the Gulf. This is a motel ~ your door opens to outside. There is a restaurant inside the hotel plus a tiki bar with restaurant and deck outside. Friday and Saturday nights local bands play anything from Southern Rock to Blues to Motown. I recommend the grouper and a margarita. A pool, shuffle boards and ping pong tables complete the set up. Conveniently located at the end of the strip ~ CVS, 7-11, local shops and several very nice restaurants are within walking distance. Very clean, incredibly pleasant and helpful employees. They are currently in the process of updating bathrooms and rooms. Our bathroom was brand new tile surround ~ wonderful. We have stayed at this hotel two years in a row and will stay again next year.

Room Tip: Rooms on the inside ground floor are a bit more busy due to the traffic to and from the beach and ti...
Reviewed October 27, 2012

They were fabulously accommodating to our whims and changing our mind about amounts of people and food. We had our wedding ceremony and reception on the sand. We took advantage of their great band at the tiki bar and that allowed extra cash for an open bar for our guests. The best mojitos on the planet are made by Bob and the other bartenders. The staff was so nice to all of us all four days. The rooms were big and easy to enjoy. We opted for the rooms overlooking the preserve rather than the beach for a feel of our own beach house. We monopolized much of the building for a night or two. The pool is big and fun right next to the food and beverages. The breakfasts were filling although not free. If you like an inclusive breakfast you may be disappointed. All of our guests seemed to love the casual and professionally tended venue for our special day. Leslie Mink organized a wonderful experience for us and our friends and family. The only reason I didn't give the place an excellent rating was because the front desk staff was inconsistent. Some of Karla's front desk staff were clueless and uncaring and some of them were wonderful and kind. Karla was very good but some of her front desk staff were indifferent and uncaring. That is the only glitch we seemed to have.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for your review. We have a great location for a beach wedding here at the Holiday Inn on Fort Myers Beach. The tiki bar is a great place to listen to live music while looking out on to beach. We strive to provide our guests with impeccable customer service. Thank you for recognizing Leslie and Karla, they do a great job with weddings and other special events here on property. On your next trip to the Holiday Inn on Fort Myers Beach please ask about our hotel package offerings, in which some packages include breakfast. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to seeing you in the future.