We spent 6 nights here. It had many ups and just a few downs. The service was outstanding. Everyone is very friendly and willing to help. You get the feeling that customer service was very important to them. We like to drink and socialize on vacation and the Tiki bar located here is the best. We stopped every night, even though we did not drink/party every night. There's a band there every evening and an the music was great. Mostly rock from the 70's to the 90's. The group "Soapbox" was the best!! and their from Ohio. My one complaint is that the bands stopped way too early in the evening, between 8-9.
Once again on service, Scott, a waiter at the Tiki bar, was the best. He just hustles the entire day/evening that he is working. My wife also noticed how nice he was when he was working with a table of small kids. Thanks for the great job, my man!! Also though, all the waiters were great at the bar, and the front desk people were very accomodating.
We did book this vacation 6 months in advance so we got it for a great price. I don't think I would have liked to pay $300 a night to stay here. The rooms were very small(but clean) and the lack of a private balcony was not good. We had an end room and this meant everyone had to pass through our balcony area coming and going. There was never a noise issue, but my wife and I like to sit outside and read in this beatiful weather we had. Made it tough sometimes.
We met some great people while we were here. Some were locals that just like to drink at the Tike bar and some were vacationing as well. Best of luck to you Hal on your second, and hopefully last, tour in Afganistan. You and Vanessa will be in our thoughts and prayers. Hope to here from you folks soon.
Overall, We will stay here again. We usually go different places on spring break every year, but we felt we may come back here soon. A hint to all spring break travelers coming to Ft Myers beach - enter the Island from the south!!! You may drive 10 miles father, but you will save massive amounts of time, which is important on Vaca!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Daydreaming about warm Tropical Nights and Spectacular Sunsets? You found it at the Wyndham Garden Fort Myers Beach Hotel. Dip your toes into the warm Gulf waters and relax oceanfront on one of the largest sugar white sand beaches in Southwest Florida. Our oceanfront Florida resort will make you feel miles away from all the hustle and bustle yet we are just a short drive from the SW Florida Int Airport (RSW) and activities of Fort Myers Beach. Enjoy the Florida sunshine by our outdoor heated pool surrounded by a spacious deck, comfortable chaise lounges and umbrellas. Our surroundings are tropically landscaped with Florida's natural beauty. Enjoy delectable Florida dining at Pinchers Beach Bar and Grill. Challenge yourself with our onsite recreational activities including Ping-Pong, shuffleboard, beach volleyball and scenic jogging trails. Along with free wireless access, our spacious guest rooms are equipped with refrigerators and microwaves. Relax on the balcony of one of our oceanfront rooms and marvel at all the colors of our Florida sunset. If you need a bit more space upgrade to one of our oceanfront suites featuring a panoramic view of the ocean from an over sized balcony. Paradise is just a click away at this magnificent oceanfront Florida resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and HotelsClick so you can book your Wyndham Garden Fort Myers Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Fort Myers Beach Hotel Fort Myers Beach
- Fort Myers Beach Holiday Inn