“Beach + Screened Porch + Amazing Room!”

Pointe Estero Beach Resort
Ranked #12 of 47 Hotels in Fort Myers Beach
Reviewed February 12, 2007

This place was incredible! Kitchen was very nice as well as the oversized bathroom and bedroom (s)... however, you can't put bubbles in the bathtub (don't know why)??? The rooms were great and you really cannot beat the price for an amazing Florida vacation. It's right on the strip of Ft. Myers beach!

I recommend getting a car while you are staying, Naples and Sanibel Island are within a half an hour drive of the resort.

This isn't a full on luxury place to go, but if you are looking for a great place to Chill, I recommed it!

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank NachoTraveler
There are newer reviews for Pointe Estero Beach Resort

Reviewed January 29, 2007

Beautiful resort and nicely re-done. Great balconies, a very nice condo. Out of the main area of congestion on Ft. Myers Beach with a lovely deep beach.

My only complaint about Pointe Estero and Gullwing after multiple stays is they don't ever seem to grant late checkouts. Check out is 10am, and mid-January on a Tuesday I somehow doubt they are full. But every time I've stayed at a Sunstream resort and asked for a late checkout, even one hour, they have not agreed. When I'm on vacation I plan to make the most of my days there; this would be reason for me to consider staying somewhere else.

If that's not important to you, this is a great place to stay.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
4  Thank mizlori
Reviewed January 10, 2007

We rented a 2 bed/2 bath suite. It was huge! The master bath is amazing. We had a partial ocean view, which was nice. The furnished patio is huge as well. The entire suite was very new looking and clean. The kitchen is a nice size with all the cooking and eating utensils you could possibly need. There is a nice pool and pretty waterfall on the grounds. The beach is nice and big. The downfall of this resort is the proximity to restraunts. There is really nothing within close walking distance.

Stayed: January 2007
4  Thank KAT615
Reviewed May 31, 2006

NOTE: Pointe Estero is closing from June-November 2006 for renovations.

This is my third year staying at the Pointe Estero. First two we booked beachfronts. This year, I called Sunstream directly in January to book my last-week-of-April vacation. I wanted to book on the phone to be sure I received the return guest rate. I called the Friday before my Sunday arrival to see what floor they had put us on as this was the first year I had not requested "above Floor 8." They told me I was on Floor 15. When we arrived two days later, we were told we were now on Floor 3. When we got out of the elevator, our reservation was incorrectly booked as a Gulfview instead of a Beachfront. I hadn't noticed this error on my February confirmation letter. I was disappointed but the room was still decent. Only problems were that the tub in the master was filthy dirty with dried on soap scum, which we later realized was caused by the tub taking over two hours to drain from a routine shower. (We called to request a snake or something, which seemed to help a little.) Also, the slider in our master did not work, there was a lot of dust on the ceiling fan over the bed, and there were very very tiny bugs sometimes in the kitchen. We also were so low that we could hear a lot of pool noise during the quiet evening hours and I hated that the master bath jacuzzi tub had a huge window overlooking the pool with a flimsy white horizontal blind covering the window, so I felt like folks outside could look in. (I now wonder if someone else was originally booked in this room, complained and ended up in our room on Floor 15?) Hotel had no full-week vacancies so we were not able to be moved.

I love this resort and would definitely stay again. I am happy that they are undergoing further renovations. In the future, I will definitely be sure to request a Beachfront on Floor 5 or Above and be sure to check and double-check my confirmation letter (learned a valuable lesson). Gulfview room is still really nice but nothing beats unobstructed beachfront views. There are four suites on each floor except the penthouse. I would request an 02 or an 04 beachfront room. We were in 301 (01s face the pool in the back and condo and beach on the front side; 03s face the Gullwing in the back and Gullwing and beach on the front side)

9  Thank cheereeo70
Reviewed May 28, 2006

After finding out that our first two choices did not have rooms available for the dates we were going to be on Ft. Myers Beach, we were able to book our third choice, the Pointe Estero. Boy were we really glad we ended up with our third choice!

We orignally wanted to stay at the Edison Beach House because it got great reviews and was close to the water and close to shopping and dining. But when they didn't have availability we decided on the Gull Wing because it looked really nice and also got good reviews. They didn't have any beachfront rooms available for our dates so we finally called the Pointe Estero which is right next door to the Gull Wing. We were able to book a beachfront one-bedroom suite for all three nights, and I requested a room on the 10th floor or higher based on other reviewers' suggestions.

When we checked in, we were upgraded to a two-bedroom suite on the 12th floor. The view was spectacular. We had a panoramic view of the Gulf of Mexico off the wrap around balcony. The suite itself exceeded our expectations. The photos on the Pointe Estero website don't really do it justice. Our suite was spacious and nicely furnished and decorated. The bathroom was huge with an enormous jacuzzi tub that could probably fit about 4 people!

The beach was absolutely gorgeous. It was quite a walk to the water from the resort because the beach is so wide there, but we didn't mind. The soft, white sand was so nice to walk on, and the beach was well groomed every morning. It wasn't crowded at all either, although we were there in May.

We were a little worried about the location because it's not close to a lot of shopping or dining, but we discovered it really didn't matter because there's a trolley that runs up and down Estero Blvd that you can ride for 25 cents. We did walk to Charley's Boathouse Grill the first night because it is close to the Pointe Estero, but we took the trolley to Anthony's on the Gulf and to Matanzas Inn which is near Times Square. The only bad thing about the trolley is that it was always ten minutes late, and we were never sure whether we had missed it or if it was just running late. It also only runs every hour in the summertime instead of every fifteen minutes, and the last stop is a bit early so if the trolley is your only means of transportaion, you can't stay out past 9:00 PM.

We actually liked the fact that the Pointe Estero was in a more secluded location. The beach was wider and prettier, and the area was more private and less touristy than places closer to Times Square.

The Pointe Estero Bech Resort will now be our first choice when we return to Ft. Myers Beach. We absolutely loved it!

14  Thank Marscellus
A TripAdvisor Member
Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed May 17, 2006

My family travels each year in May, and this year we went to Fort Myers Beach. We stayed at Pointe Estero for 9 nights, and it was outstanding. Absolutely wonderful. We had a 2-bedroom oceanfront suite, and every evening we watched the sunset over the ocean while eating dinner on our screened-in balcony. The resort is nicely situated, centrally located for a SW FLorida vacation... we went south to the Everglades, north to Sanibel, Captiva and Cayo Costa islands. May is the perfect time to go to SW FLorida... the beaches were quiet, it felt like we had our own private beach and resort. The facilities were clean, nicely appointed. If I had to find a fault, it would be that daily housekeeping isn't provided, which means you have to do more of your own cleaning, etc. Not a big deal. It was an outstanding vacation at an outstanding resort.

8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 30, 2006

Perfect vacation for the whole family. The rooms were very clean, plenty of towels, lots of space for our family of 4. The beach was beautiful (although a long walk down the sand to the water), staff was very friendly and pool area was great and never to crowded. My family will be back again.

• Stayed: April 2006