Pointe Estero Beach Resort
The Neptune Resort(Fort Myers Beach)
$190
$184
$121
$109
Wyndham Garden Fort Myers Beach(Fort Myers Beach)(Great Value!)
$152
Carousel Inn on the Beach(Fort Myers Beach)(Great Value!)
$139
$125
$75
Pink Shell Beach Resort & Marina(Fort Myers Beach)
$284
$204
DiamondHead Beach Resort(Fort Myers Beach)
$334
$279
DiamondHead Beach
  • Pool
Lovers Key Resort(Fort Myers Beach)
$159
Sandpiper Gulf Resort(Fort Myers Beach)
$209
$199
Hotels.com
GullWing Beach Resort(Fort Myers Beach)
$226
$219
Travelocity
All reviewsmaster bathwrap around balconyfull kitchenwasher and dryerpool areathe penthousesantini plazagulf view roomhot tubhigher floorliving roomtennis courtsfort myersrent chairsnice poolevery morningquiet end
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 21, 2009

Great service, friendly and helpful staff. Room was excellent! Wrap around patio balcony had views of the beach and pool area. Jacuzzi bath in master bathroom. Great furnished kitchen with modern appliances. Nice pool area with well manicure grounds. Barbecues located near the pool. Walk out the back and the beach is right there. Beach chairs/umbrellas available for $20. Great shelling along the beach with parasailing/wave runner rentals next door. Only thing lacking was a restaurant on site but there is one next door. Also, less then a 1/2 mile is a strip mall with restaurants/gift shops. My recommendation is the Bayside Bistro which is located a little north of the resort. A Publix is also located there. Definitely rent a car since the trolley runs every hour.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2009

I have just returned from a 3 week stay in a 2 bed beachfront condo. Whilst the condo was spacious and comfortable, the decor, furnishings and equipments were rather aged and tired. Situated on the "widest stretch of Fort Myers Beach" it is certainly in the best part of town however the wide stretch of beach does mean you are subjected to a good 5 - 10 min walk across the sands to reach the water's edge and following any heavy rain, the majority of this is waterlogged. There is a pool area which is quite small and fairly basic. The area itself was disappointing with few decent shops and NO decent places to eat other than the Sandbar and Grill. We did try a few, specifically the Gulfshore Grill and Bayfront Bistro, both of which were abysmal with the rudest and most unfriendly staff I have ever encountered in the US. Instead, we hung out and ate inland or at Bonita /Hickory. Coconut Point has lots of good restaurants and a movie theatre which I would recommend. Avoid the Beach Movie Theatre on Fort Myers Beach as it is basically a tiny room with a tiny screen and is laid out like a science lab in a school room, with bench style desks and wheely chairs ... for the bargain price of $9.50 pp. Overall we made the most of our vacation and did enjoy the beach but would not return.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sjdon
Reviewed June 10, 2009

My wife and I have stayed here on two seperate occasions and depending on the time of year you stay it can be a really great value.

It is a Condo, so you don't have all the amenities of a hotel, such as maid service, etc. But I don't care anything about that anyway. The size of the rooms make up for the lacking amenities you may receive at a hotel.

The pool area is nicely landscaping and it is a decent size, however, I am not sure who made the architectual decision to place the pool in the FRONT of the resort instead of right on the beach on the backside of the resort. That to me is a downside, I always enjoy relaxing at the pool but still being able to look out over the ocean.

As for the beach, while it wasn't a problem for me, I heard others complaining on how long of a walk it is from say the pool to the actual ocean water. It is a good 100 plus yard of beach before you hit the ocean, so if you are out on the beach and a Florida Thunderstorm pops up it is a decent walk back up to the resort, just a thought. I mention this because it is a very long walk. I have stayed at many beach resorts, and by far this one has the longest walk from resort property. So if you are lazy or just want to be closer to the actual water this may not be the place for you. Again, didn't bother me personally just what I heard others saying both times I have stayed.

We have stayed both in May and July, always in the Beachfront two Bedroom Suite. The view is beautiful if you are on the right side of the building, you can see a gorgeous sunset, if you are on the left side of the building you cannot see it as well. The balconies/patios are completely screened end so don't expect to be able to take good pictures from your balcony of the beach, sunset, etc.

The resort is a little further south on Ft. Myers Beach than some would like, but I like how it is a bit further down the strip. Be aware, there are not a lot of good restaurants close by, at least in my opinion. You will be driving back up toward the pier or further south and for anyone who has been to Ft. Myers Beach before knows the main drag is a two lane road that can get quite backed up depending on the time of year. My wife and I stop by Publix right up the street and buy food for the week and just cook most of our meals, take some steaks done to the resorts grilling area with a couple drinks, it doesn't get much better. A grilled steak, beer, and a sunset view.

I would go back to Pointe Estero again, in fact thinking about going in February of 2010.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 7, 2009

We are just home from a great but short vacation to Fort Myers, FL. We chose the Pointe Estero Resort in Fort Myers Beach based on price. The website was appealing but in the past have gotten burnt by depending on advertisement alone. I came to Trip Advisor to read the review. This is what I, personally, found to be the truth.

The resort is lovely. It is well cared for and well maintained. The pool area is very nice. The landscaping is, again, well maintained. There were seasonal bugs everywhere - no see'ms or something. No big deal. The beach area is huge. Our condo unit was beachfront, an extra cost but well worth it for us. We had two screened in balconies that were so nice, day and night. We used our kitchen for the fridge alone! Although we did cook outside on the grill one night. This is a great extra! 4 outdoor grills for people to use.

Someone complained about having no beach towels available. We were told the resort provides them and they would be under the sink in the master bathroom. They gave us 6. No problem there.

Someone else complained about having to pay for a beach chair and umbrella. Yes, that's a fact. The private contractor that provides this service needs to feed his family too! Imagine that?! We only spent one full day on this beach so we paid the $$$. It was fun to do. A complete luxury. If we were there for a longer period of time I would buy my own chairs and umbrella.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed March 15, 2009

Perfect spot for a vacation with young families. My daughter slept great in the crib, much better than a pack and play. The resort also provided a high chair which was a lifesaver. I also liked how the patio was screened in. We left the doors to the room open most of the time. There was nothing to complain about as far as the resort goes. Fort Myers beach sees a lot of traffic and sometimes car barely moved at all. This ate away a lot of hours on our vacation. If you plan to stay this far south on the island, plan on at least a half an hour to get off the island and into Fort Myers or to the interstate. Take advantage of the trolley just outside the resort too.
One other thing I noticed is that things really seem to wrap up at 10:00. We had a hard time finding a bar that stayed open later.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family