“A true gem in paradise”

Pointe Estero Beach Resort
Ranked #15 of 47 Hotels in Fort Myers Beach
Reviewed January 14, 2014

An absolute wonderful place to stay at. We stayed here for 10 days and it was a great get away. Excellent facilities, clean, beautiful. Great location right at the beach. Nice and large pool for kids, good area with several grills for BBQ, close to shopping centers but far away to offer seclusion and quiet peace. The beach outside is truly amazing with powdery white sand. Enjoyed many early morning walks and jogs a long the beach front. Great amenities and the living apartments feel luxurious and fresh. Full size kitchen with all necessary utilities makes it easy to cook if you wish. This place makes dreams come true and your vacation just as special as you dream for.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank 393Desiree
SunStream-Management, General Manager at Pointe Estero Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Dear 393Desiree,
Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us at Pointe Estero Beach Resort. I'm excited to hear you had a great experience. With our large multiple bedroom suites and fully stocked kitchens, we try to make you feel as if you are at your home away from home, only on the beach. Your comfort and happiness is our number one priority. Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you back in the future.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

My husbands family owns a condo right next door, but we wanted to stay somewhere where we didn't have to clean up. Also, we were just getting engaged and I didn't want to step on anyones feet and look bad ;) This place is such an amazing place and holds a special place in my heart. I was super upset my husband didn't book the diamond head resort (which is owned by the same resort company as pointe estero). I was disappointed we didn't have a swim up bar, which was a stupid complaint. My husband purposed to me right on the beach which was so breath taking. We got upgraded to an Oceanfront room because they weren't into the peak season which was super nice of them. If we ever have to stay in Fort Myers Beach Florida again and are not able to use the condo. We will be coming back to this resort. It was super nice, clean, the staff made awesome recommendations about restaurants in the area, things to do. We loved it here. We actually staying at the La Playa beach resort in Naples after, and we kind of regretted leaving the Pointe Estero because we fell in love with it so much.

Room Tip: Get the beach front rooms. It is worth it every morning to wake up and have a cup of coffee out on...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nicole S

Dear Nicole S,
Thank you so much for staying with us at Pointe Estero Resort and we are honored to be a part of your special day. We strive to give each guest a special experience and I'm glad we could do that for you. Nothing makes us happier than making you happy. Thank you again and we hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

The rooms are large and well furnished. We had 3 adults and a 3 year old and had plenty of room. The master bedroom and bathroom are amazing. The beach is large and runs for miles. The trolley is cheap and is an easy way to get around the island. The kitchen is also well equipped with lots of cupboards and a large refrigerator. Great pool and beach towels are provided. Wireless internet is free and there is cable TV in all rooms. Great restaurants and a supermarket are nearby. Really nice library on island, too. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Beach front is best -- looks right on the beach and the gulf and the sunsets. I'd suggest getti...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Barbara A
SunStream-Management, General Manager at Pointe Estero Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Dear Barbara A,
Thank you very much for staying with us at Pointe Estero Beach Resort. I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed your time with us and found your room to be spacious and well equipped. We like to make our guests feel as if they are at their home away from home when staying with us. Giving you a special experience is our top priority and I'm glad we could do that for you. Thank you again and we hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

We stayed at Pointe Estero Resort over the holidays. This is an awesome location that backs right up to Fort Myers Beach. We have stayed at this property before and have always had a great experience. The front desk staff was extremely helpful and friendly in answering any questions that we had, Melissa, at the front desk made us feel right at home.
Having a complimentary coffee station available every morning was also a big plus for us! There are also several places within walking distance of the resort. We will definitely be back! Thanks again, Pointe Estero staff for your great hospitality!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ISU247
SunStream-Management, General Manager at Pointe Estero Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

Dear ISU247,
Thank you so much for staying with us again. I'm pleased to here you enjoyed another great experience at our property. Our goal is to give each guest a special experience and I'm glad we could do that for you. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to Melissa and the rest of the team, I know they will greatly appreciate it. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you back soon.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

We needed a three day getaway and this place more than fit the bill. The 2 bedroom/ 2 bath condo with kitchen/ dining room/ living room set up with view of the gulf was great for our entire family. The beach was fantastic for young and old with volleyball, tennis, water toys and lots of shell hunting for all. Plenty of restaurants and grocery facilities available near by. We WILL be back.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank DaveOh66
SunStream-Management, General Manager at Pointe Estero Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Dear DaveOh66,
Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us at Pointe Estero Beach Resort. I'm happy we could give you the warm weather escape you were looking for. Giving our guests the best possible experience is what we love to do. Fort Myers Beach is a special place and we are honored that we could be a part of your vacation. Thank you again and we hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed December 21, 2013

Stayed for a week, start of December. This was my 1st experience with renting this kind of property, and I liked it. Basically, you get a nice apartment for a price of one hotel room. It is not serviced by hotel personnel unless you pay extra, but you get much more space: 2 big rooms, 2 bathrooms, a fully equipped kitchen and laundry room and a spacious balcony wit a bay view. There are plenty of towels (including beach towels). There is a supermarket nearby and CVS across the road. I think the place is very convenient for families: gives the flexibility to have meals at home or go out. The hotel is right at the nice beach. The only drawback I can think of: the swimming pool is not big. We were there in a lull time and were able to comfortably use it, as well as the outside whirlpool. However, I am not sure that would be the case in peak season, especially kids vacation time.

Room Tip: Higher floor with beach view if you enjoy watching sunset or dinner on the balcony.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
SunStream-Management, General Manager at Pointe Estero Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2013

Dear Jana004,
Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us at Pointe Estero Beach Resort. I'm happy we could give you a great first experience. Our large rooms and full kitchens do make it a great option for family and those looking to relax with a lot of in-room amenities. Even during peek season we have plenty of room for guests around the pool, because we only have 4 rooms per floor our property is never overwhelmed. Thank you again and we hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed December 19, 2013

We stayed in a 2 bd/2 ba condo over the Thanksgiving weekend. The price was very reasonable for everything that was included. Our condo was immaculate with enough starter supplies to last us for the three nights we were there. Loved sitting on the deck with a cocktail and looking at the gulf.
Yes, the shower is a little funky, but the huge tub makes up for it. I am a wicked towel snob and the towels were excellent. Even my husband commented on it.
When we got there, the air conditioning was broken, but the weather was so pleasant, we didn't want to say anything. Well, somehow, the front desk knew and sent someone up to fix it. I've never been to a hotel where something got fixed without me having to report it first. Outstanding customer service from every department.
A word of warning if you are trying to head towards the main Fort Myers Beach. Traffic is insane! There is a confusing roundabout right before the bridge to the mainland and it is a nightmare of confused tourists. Avoid during rush hour at all costs. My husband tried to go to the Big M casino, which is only four miles away. He left an hour before the ship was to sail and did not make it. I am really surprised the city of Fort Myers Beach cannot figure out a way to circumvent this issue. I am from Daytona Beach and have been in the thick of many spring breaks there and have never seen anything like it.
So just avoid that. Stay near the resort and relax and enjoy.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
SunStream-Management, General Manager at Pointe Estero Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2013

Dear BarbnJohn,
Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us. I'm excited to hear you had a wonderful experience on property. We try to make all our guests feel as if they are at their home away from home when staying with us. I'm glad we could give you that feeling. Yes, traffic towards the north end of the island can be congested at times. That's why we like our quiet south side! Thank you again and we do hope to see you back soon.